Some People are just daft

Bigbob

Just finished my nightshift at the university  and we are one to a car now ,  we swap over drivers at the start of our shift disinfect the  steering  wheel  ,handbrake  gear stick  and window switches and anything else we would touch  and really just park up till something comes over the radio 

First night on a drive round catches a guy giving his daughter driving lessons in a car park 

Next night a flat bed comes on campus with a fibre glass shed held on with one ratchet strap control asks can you go and see what there here for ?  after they see me following them in the big white L200 they turn round in a junction , " Can i help you are you looking for help ?" 

Without a word to me there off campus and away my guess ####'s looking to dump it and be away smartish 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, four-wheel-drive said:

maybe his daughter needs to pass her test for to get a job when the driving test office opens life is bad enough at the present time without jobsworths like you adding to it.

Ohhhh calm down dear , it really is a simple question everyone should ask themselves, is that an essential journey? taking your daughter for a driving lesson isn't, and it is people like them and by the sound of it yourself who will continue to complain that people are dying and it's everyone elses fault except yours.

You move the virus moves.
You stay at home the virus dies.

It's not difficult to understand, it's not difficult to do, and yet some people cannot seem to do this simple thing, says a lot about them.

58 minutes ago, ehb102 said:

We had this discussion on a village group. Key workers are allowed to have driving lessons. 

While key workers are allowed to travel more than the rest, having driving lessons is pushing the limits, the only people that can teach them are someone who is in the same household as no driving instructors are working, and there are no testing stations open.

So all they are doing is having two people out there who don't need to be , one of them a learner with a higher than average chance of an accident.

We really do get carried away with all this at times, and lose all sense of rationality. What on earth harm is being done by a Dad giving his daughter a driving lesson? Assuming they’re from the same family in isolation and no one gets out of the car, what risk are they posing to anyone? We really do need to get a grip. 

25 minutes ago, Scully said:

We really do get carried away with all this at times, and lose all sense of rationality. What on earth harm is being done by a Dad giving his daughter a driving lesson? Assuming they’re from the same family in isolation and no one gets out of the car, what risk are they posing to anyone? We really do need to get a grip. 

What harm does it do for that bloke to go fishing, or those people to drive to the beach or to go shooting or to go out taking photos.

The point is they have placed restrictions for us all to follow, it is about thinking of the whole of society not just self.
Where do you stop when you start with the what harm is he/ she doing?

8 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

What harm does it do for that bloke to go fishing, or those people to drive to the beach or to go shooting or to go out taking photos.

The point is they have placed restrictions for us all to follow, it is about thinking of the whole of society not just self.

You start and stop with common sense. 

7 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

I'm with you on this. The rules are there for a reason

Just now, Scully said:

You start and stop with common sense. 

The trouble is not everyone has common sense, so when they see someone else out they decide to be out, as has been shown by people flocking to the beaches in the hot weather, or congregating in the parks.

I simply cannot understand why some people try to think of any excuse to go out and about.

Everyone I speak to says that if everyone acted sensibly then there would not be a problem. My wife went into our local town for a supply of bread this morning, she drove about 12 miles and the acr park was empty. She walked to the shop. and was third in line, 2-3 mtrs apart waiting patiently. Two persons at a ime allowed in the bakery shop and one each end of the store.

Everything just plain common sense and everyone adhering to the regs.  BUT, more and more we see  total dumb idiocy and also arrogance but fortunately in the minority.

You can have a pleasant conversation whilst three yards apart, but the world has grown so used to this kissing and hugging every time you meet, very unhealthy.

9 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

The trouble is not everyone has common sense, so when they see someone else out they decide to be out, as has been shown by people flocking to the beaches in the hot weather, or congregating in the parks.

I simply cannot understand why some people try to think of any excuse to go out and about.

Can anyone give me a rational reason - as opposed to broad brush rule following dictat - why someone who lives close to a beach should not go fishing alone?

2 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Can anyone give me a rational reason - as opposed to broad brush rule following dictat - why someone who lives close to a beach should not go fishing alone?

Could you give me a reason why i shouldn't just go and do anything i want, i live in a rural area, have dozens of beaches round me and fields all round my house.

The reason is that it's not essential.

6 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I have a lovely little beach near me where I take a couple of bass per season and would love to be able to get out and have a go.

I very rarely see people while I'm out. But I'd imagine the problem is that someone sees me fishing, so decides they may as well do something they like.

But i am just gonna wait until restrictions are lifted and hopefully the beach won't be too busy.

lots of people with excuses to obey without question when it can be easily seen a person is totally alone and minding his own business not interfering in anybody else's then.

If anyone honestly thinks enjoying a solitary pastime when its clearly proven they are very well isolated - they are part of the problem IMO.

I could be fishing, shooting riding the bike and doing numerous other things, no one would notice, I have the shooting permissions for most of the land you see in this pic from my house, I also have a golf course 100 yds away, and a football pitch out the front of my house, the only time I go out is to walk the dog for an hour, and to drive the bike to the office when needed as a key worker, I could walk for miles and see no one, but then everyone else is probably thinking the same.

I note that deaths have risen to 26000, please don't complain about them if you are one of the people ignoring the guidance.

IMG_20200407_184409.jpg

IMG_20200409_082625.jpg

Pretty bit of countryside down there. Enjoy what you can.   It would be very intersting to see how many deaths relate to tyour environment.  I see Leicestershire listed as over 500 last time I looked BUT it does not evaluate the City of Leicester separately, so how many where from that city environment one wonders.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

The easiest is that they will be doing it to be a member of society that they stand together with the rest of society, not an individual who acts as they see fit.

Just now, Walker570 said:

Pretty bit of countryside down there. Enjoy what you can.   It would be very intersting to see how many deaths relate to tyour environment.  I see Leicestershire listed as over 500 last time I looked BUT it does not evaluate the City of Leicester separately, so how many where from that city environment one wonders.

Thats an interesting thought. Living here in the countryside, tend to feel pretty safe and Somerset has , fortunately, been at the lower end of casualties. Just this week however I have heard that a couple of farmers, adjacent to some of the land that I cover have succumed to the ilness. It can get you anywhere 😢

14 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

We have 203 cases of which 20 people have sadly died., we are a very large county, but not a huge population, the biggest worry was the influx of tourists, but that has mostly been stopped thanks to restrictions in travel, although there are people reported every day who have travelled from london and birmingham to holiday here and have been turned back by the police.

The problem is that people have an opinion on things that are not black and white. If you want to go out and do something that you believe is not going to cause a problem (fishing on an isolated beach for example) then go and do it but don’t post on here that you are. That’s just inviting people to criticise you. If they don’t know then they can’t criticise.