LIFTING THE LOCKDOWN!

lancer425

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, JDog said:

We managed to get out to our favourite coastal spot today for the first time in six months.

The good people of Lincolnshire haven’t yet caught up with the news about restrictions easing as we were the only people on the beach.

E8A6BE2F-1047-4DFF-A52D-84F01D46A442.jpeg

DE3F67A2-2EC2-4CE4-8D1D-0D13D8F2C618.jpeg

Can not fault you, I am overdue a day out. Might have a ride out Tomorrow morning Over to Mogs eye or chapel six.

2 hours ago, AVB said:

"Common sense Vic. The tradespeople can come to your house but they must social distance, preferably you shouldn't be in the same room.  Your family can therefore also come but will need to abide by social distancing rules and preferably stay in another room. Doesn't sound like much fun for them but perhaps they know you.  

Do you need the government to tell you how to wipe your **** as well. " 

Family cannot come to visit. My son had a visit from the police today because someone had reported that they had had a visit from a non family visitor. This was true, it was his grandson. The policeman confirmed that this was against the rules.

As for wiping my backside the last people I would ask would be the government and in any case it would be against the social distancing guide lines.

Vic.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest ONS deaths by age.

So there’s not 1000 people dead under the age of 50 years of age, which out of a population of between 60m and 70m isn’t a drop in the bucket.

So, looking at that chart, the news appears to be ‘if you’re over 70 and or a bit doddery then take care’.

Given that most over 70’s aren’t working, ‘locking down’ the elderly is a whole lot easier and more sensible then where we are now.

DB0ED217-076E-4090-B1EA-55C0677B9810.png

Last year there were ~3.2M people in the UK aged 80 or over and ~1.6M aged 85 or over, so even for those age groups it's still small beer.

All things being equal and looking at things linearly the above figures also suggests that people between 80 and 85 die at an average rate of ~320,000 per year.

So, unless it's you or or loved one, it's still a drop in the ocean really...

19 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Latest ONS deaths by age.

So there’s not 1000 people dead under the age of 50 years of age, which out of a population of between 60m and 70m isn’t a drop in the bucket.

So, looking at that chart, the news appears to be ‘if you’re over 70 and or a bit doddery then take care’.

Given that most over 70’s aren’t working, ‘locking down’ the elderly is a whole lot easier and more sensible then where we are now.

DB0ED217-076E-4090-B1EA-55C0677B9810.png

Statistics mean nothing. I know two people who were close to me, who died of this with no secondary issues one 40 woman 5 ft5 8stone fit Never smoked No coughing just headaque got temp and then the coughing started and could not get her breath. They took her in she never came out alive.

Male 51 Fit 6 ft 14 stone never smoked no issues. Sore throat My sister rang hospital told drink water take paracetermol. Next hes gasping for air under 4 hours later, took him in dead the next morning.

Everybody needs to be avoiding this regardless of age. Lots of younger people dead because of this than we are lead to believe.

I am of the opinion that right mow at this moment in time, we are just about to embark on the real horror that is corvid 19.

We have been muffling the blows with the lockdown, now the gloves are off and its about to really hit.

Its not over its just starting. Get ready your going to lose someone close i just have. And i think we got a lot more to come.

Edited by lancer425

It will be interesting to see how numbers leap down in the London area after those demonstrations.

It's certainly stopped all this pathetic huggin' and kissin' everytime you meet someone.   There is little doubt the media have had a field day.  Personally I believe the lockdown was excessive over reaction to scientific mathematical calculations..... basically guessing.     Around here everything seems to be getting back to normal with people using their common sense. Certainly traffic has picked up. 

We're all doomed.

1 hour ago, lancer425 said:

Statistics mean nothing. I know two people who were close to me, who died of this with no secondary issues one 40 woman 5 ft5 8stone fit Never smoked No coughing just headaque got temp and then the coughing started and could not get her breath. They took her in she never came out alive.

Male 51 Fit 6 ft 14 stone never smoked no issues. Sore throat My sister rang hospital told drink water take paracetermol. Next hes gasping for air under 4 hours later, took him in dead the next morning.

Everybody needs to be avoiding this regardless of age. Lots of younger people dead because of this than we are lead to believe.

I am of the opinion that right mow at this moment in time, we are just about to embark on the real horror that is corvid 19.

We have been muffling the blows with the lockdown, now the gloves are off and its about to really hit.

Its not over its just starting. Get ready your going to lose someone close i just have. And i think we got a lot more to come.

So, my mum in her 70’s got it - 2 weeks in bed and now back in the game. She lives with my dad in his 80’s and it didn’t touch him. I know someone hospitalised by it - retired plumber with early onset asbestosis and after 2 weeks on oxygen he’s back in the game.

We can’t all do a Michael Jackson and spend the rest of our lives in an oxygen tent can we?

2 hours ago, lancer425 said:

Fortunately I think you are wrong. Bad luck that you know two people that have died. I only know not one person who has had it (52 I think). They lost a bit of weight but apart from that fine. The stats are what they are. 

Where are the younger people who you claim that have died? Why do you believe that the numbers are wrong? 

3 hours ago, lancer425 said:

You’re right in that it isn’t over; but I believe we’re through the worst. Many seem to think that because lockdown has been eased we can go back to normal, but lockdown has been eased to help the economy, and not for any other reason, and certainly not because it’s over. 
I don’t believe the worst is yet to come, but this wont be over for a long time yet, and normality is some way off yet, and I think that there may be consequences regarding the demonstrations in London and our other cities, but there you go, it’s done now. Time will tell. 
Talking to a GP earlier this week she reckoned that the peak hasn’t been reached as yet in Cumbria as a whole, but Cumbria is a big county, and she was referring to the Barrow in Furness area specifically. 
We just have to get on with our lives as best we can; we can’t remain locked away until they find a vaccine; they may never find one.
My OH is busier than ever, making masks, and I think we’ll be wearing them for some time.
At least this may teach people a thing or two regarding personal hygiene, if nothing else. 

Just because someone doesn’t know they have an underlying issue, doesn’t mean that they don’t!!!! 
If Covid is suspected then are PM’s being carried out?

Could it just be unfortunate for those two individuals that they had prior but unknown and possibly, ‘Terminal’ type conditions in existence? 

36 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Just because someone doesn’t know they have an underlying issue, doesn’t mean that they don’t!!!! 
If Covid is suspected then are PM’s being carried out?

Could it just be unfortunate for those two individuals that they had prior but unknown and possibly, ‘Terminal’ type conditions in existence? 

No. If you have symptoms and covid is suspected then a death is signed off with Covid and no PM. 

3 hours ago, Jaymo said:

So quite feasible that some are more susceptible without realising!

Yes and not related to health or age.   I know of several in their 80s it hardly ever touched.  Dead is final and you do not want to catch this at any age. Why do i think like this??  because it as always scared me, and now its actually touched me personally. I know its "NOT FLUE lets put it that way"

Statistically. If your healthy under 50 and not overweight , you should be fine. 

But getting a blow by blow account as its happening and then the news you do not want to hear. Makes all the statistics seem so meaningless. My advice is stay safe keep your distance, If you got money to stay home and away from others  "DO IT".    If not stay as safe as you can. Age health a beauty are not on this viruses ignore list .  I think we are coming out of Lock down because we can not afford to do any other. And although the government have done all they can, i think its time to let it run its course. And i feel we will see a lot more die yet. Johnson warned we would lose loved ones , and i think we most probably all will have before its all over. If we are ever going to see the NHS over run i think its now pending. The public are out there shopping social distancing is just not on their radar any more. Brakes off its rolling hold on.

Its pretty sad i just think we lifted it a month too early, but in fairness Government could do no more. We are all spectators now, And if i am right or wrong will soon become very clear indeed.

18 hours ago, lancer425 said:

Sorry to hear about your loss, very sad.

Its not just about dying, a lot of survivors have serious life changing damage to their lungs, kidneys heart and liver. They don't show up in the statistics, Kate Garroway's husband is now classified as recovered because he is  covid free. Never the less he is still in a coma and has multiple organ failure.

6 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Its not just about dying, a lot of survivors have serious life changing damage to their lungs, kidneys heart and liver. They don't show up in the statistics, Kate Garroway's husband is now classified as recovered because he is  covid free. Never the less he is still in a coma and has multiple organ failure.

Good point!

9 hours ago, Vince Green said:

There were an awful lot of recoveries in the Royal Free Hospital in London who are having kidney dialysis now.