Cummings in the soup?

Retsdon

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A decent list made up almost entirely from rumour and supposition.

It amused me, but out of the 44 points, only 44 is the whole truth and it is now no longer Wednesday. 😀

think it’s pretty clear which part don’t you understand? 

I will admit to confusion - Stanley Unwin is dead and Yoda is a fictional character,

4 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

A decent list made up almost entirely from rumour and supposition.

It amused me, but out of the 44 points, only 44 is the whole truth and it is now no longer Wednesday. 😀

I will admit to confusion - Stanley Unwin is dead and Yoda is a fictional character,

all i can say is i’m actually embarrassed myself for hanging out with people who don’t even have the character to admit somebody told a small lie thank god i’m shooting today to hide my shame lol 

I'm embarrassed that I hang out with people who lack commonsense. If you feel so bad, perhaps you should write to Cummings, tell him he is a liar and then have your day in court, where your and your brief have an uncomfortable time, because you cannot prove what you say.

Live with your shame, rather than admit you are wrong or do something about it.

2 minutes ago, clangerman said:

all i can say is i’m actually embarrassed myself for hanging out with people who don’t even have the character to admit somebody told a small lie thank god i’m shooting today to hide my shame lol 

Who are you ‘ hanging out with ‘ from the forum?

I just wish Boris had said from the outset, something along the lines of....’ yes, Cummings acted unwisely and in other circumstances I may have told him to go, but the fact is this government needs him until we have left the EU entirely. I can fully understand all the reasons why different people want him out, but until Brexit is done he will be staying.’ He’s the PM, and needs to act like one.

1 minute ago, Scully said:

I just wish Boris had said from the outset, something along the lines of....’ yes, Cummings acted unwisely and in other circumstances I may have told him to go, but the fact is this government needs him until we have left the EU entirely. I can fully understand all the reasons why different people want him out, but until Brexit is done he will be staying.’ He’s the PM, and needs to act like one.

/\ This.  As I said the other day, I don't think Johnson is running on all cylinders at present.  I think illness, probably quite tough mental challenges with his own health scare, new baby, and this on top of all other things isn't helping. 

If I was in Johnson's shoes I'd be very inclined to fire him - simply because he had dropped Boris in it badly through basic mistakes that he should have seen coming knowing his troubled relations with the press.  The fact that Johnson isn't firing him shows (in my view) that Johnson thinks he's a key player in what lies ahead.

Johnson has used a lot of his rapidly diminishing goodwill on trying to bail out Cummings.

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

A summary from a bloke called Russ in Cheshire, on twitter, which is about as unbiased / biased as anything posted on here around this topic.

The week in Tory (Cummings special): 
1. Dominic Cummings, one of the few men to have ever been found in contempt of Parliament, moved onto contempt for everything 
2. When the story broke, and he was accused of doing things that look bad, he said he didn't care how things looked
3. Then ministers said press outrage meant nothing, only the opinion of the people mattered  
4. Then polls showed 52% of people wanted Cummings to resign 
5. So Cummings decided to show the public some respect, by turning up 30 minutes late to make his explanation
6. He began by saying he wasn't speaking for the govt, which must be why he was in the Rose Garden of 10 Downing Street  
7. Then the self-styled "enemy of the Islington media elite" said his wife, who works in the media, had been ill in their house in Islington
8. But she was only a bit ill, so he popped home, got himself nice and infected, then went back to Downing Street for meetings with lots of vitally important people in the middle of a national crisis 
9. But then he got ill too, so then it was suddenly important
10. Sadly he couldn't get childcare in London, even though 3 immediate relatives live within 3 miles of his London home 
11. So because he was carrying a virus that can cross a 2 metre distance and kill, he immediately locked himself in a car with his wife and child for 5 hours
12. He then drove 264 miles without stopping in a Land Rover that gets maybe 25 MPG 
13. Then the scourge of the metropolitan elites made himself extra-relatable by describing his family's sprawling country estate, multiple houses and idyllic woodlands
14. He explained that he'd warned about a coronavirus years ago in his blog 
15. Then it was revealed he actually secretly amended old blogs after he'd returned from Durham 
16. And anyway, if he'd warned years ago, why was he so massively unprepared and slow to react?
17. Then he said he was too ill to move for a week 
18. But in the middle of that week, presumably with "wonky eyes", he drove his child to hospital 
19. Then he said that to test his "wonky eyes" he put his wife and child in a car and drove 30 miles on public roads
20. Then it was revealed his wife drives, so there was no reason for the "eye test", cos she could have driven them back to London 
21. Then it was revealed the "eye test" trip to a local tourist spot took place on his wife's birthday
22. Then cameras filmed as he threw a cup onto the table, smirked and left 
23. And then it emerged his wife had written an article during the time in Dunham, describing their experience of being in lockdown in London, which you'd definitely do if you weren't hiding anything
24. A govt scientific advisor said "more people will die" as a result of what Cummings had done. 
25. Boris Johnson said he "wouldn't mark Cummings " down for what he'd done.
26. The Attorney General said it was ok to break the law if you were acting on instinct 
27. The Health Minister said it was OK to endanger public health if you meant well
28. Johnson said Cummings' "story rings true" because his own eyesight was fine before coronavirus, but now he needs glasses 
29. But in an interview with The Telegraph 5 years ago, Johnson said he needed glasses cos he was "blind as a bat"
30. Michael Gove went on TV and said it was "wise" to drive 30 miles on public roads with your family in the car to test your eyesight 
31. The DVLA tweeted that you should never, ever do this
32. Then ministers started claiming Cummings had to go to Durham because he feared crowds attacking his home. The streets were empty because we were observing the lockdown. 
33. And then a minister finally resigned
34. Steve Baker, Richard Littlejohn, Isabel Oakeshott, Tim Montgomerie, Jan Moir, Ian Dale, Julia Hartley Brewer, 30 Tory MPs, half a dozen bishops and the actual Daily Mail said Cummings should go 
35. The govt suggested we can ignore them, because they're all left-wingers
36. Then a vicar asked Matt Hancock if other people who had been fined for doing exactly what Cummings did would get their fine dropped. Matt Hancock said he'd suggest it to the govt 
37. The govt said no within an hour. Cummings' statement had lasted longer than that
38. And if the guidelines were so clear, why were people being stopped and fined for driving to find childcare in the first place? 
39. Then a new poll found people who wanted Cummings sacked had risen from 52% to 57% 
40. Cummings is considered the smartest man in the govt
41. And in the middle of all this, in case we take our eye off it: we reached 60,000 deaths. One of the highest per capita death rates worldwide. 
42. We still face Brexit under this lot. 
43. It's 4 years until an election 
44. And it's still only Wednesday

Raja you seriously need to get out more

A summary from a bloke called Russ in Cheshire, on twitter, which is about as unbiased / biased as anything posted on here around this topic.

The week in Tory (Cummings special): 
1. Dominic Cummings, one of the few men to have ever been found in contempt of Parliament, moved onto contempt for everything 
2. When the story broke, and he was accused of doing things that look bad, he said he didn't care how things looked
3. Then ministers said press outrage meant nothing, only the opinion of the people mattered  
4. Then polls showed 52% of people wanted Cummings to resign 
5. So Cummings decided to show the public some respect, by turning up 30 minutes late to make his explanation
6. He began by saying he wasn't speaking for the govt, which must be why he was in the Rose Garden of 10 Downing Street  
7. Then the self-styled "enemy of the Islington media elite" said his wife, who works in the media, had been ill in their house in Islington
8. But she was only a bit ill, so he popped home, got himself nice and infected, then went back to Downing Street for meetings with lots of vitally important people in the middle of a national crisis 
9. But then he got ill too, so then it was suddenly important
10. Sadly he couldn't get childcare in London, even though 3 immediate relatives live within 3 miles of his London home 
11. So because he was carrying a virus that can cross a 2 metre distance and kill, he immediately locked himself in a car with his wife and child for 5 hours
12. He then drove 264 miles without stopping in a Land Rover that gets maybe 25 MPG 
13. Then the scourge of the metropolitan elites made himself extra-relatable by describing his family's sprawling country estate, multiple houses and idyllic woodlands
14. He explained that he'd warned about a coronavirus years ago in his blog 
15. Then it was revealed he actually secretly amended old blogs after he'd returned from Durham 
16. And anyway, if he'd warned years ago, why was he so massively unprepared and slow to react?
17. Then he said he was too ill to move for a week 
18. But in the middle of that week, presumably with "wonky eyes", he drove his child to hospital 
19. Then he said that to test his "wonky eyes" he put his wife and child in a car and drove 30 miles on public roads
20. Then it was revealed his wife drives, so there was no reason for the "eye test", cos she could have driven them back to London 
21. Then it was revealed the "eye test" trip to a local tourist spot took place on his wife's birthday
22. Then cameras filmed as he threw a cup onto the table, smirked and left 
23. And then it emerged his wife had written an article during the time in Dunham, describing their experience of being in lockdown in London, which you'd definitely do if you weren't hiding anything
24. A govt scientific advisor said "more people will die" as a result of what Cummings had done. 
25. Boris Johnson said he "wouldn't mark Cummings " down for what he'd done.
26. The Attorney General said it was ok to break the law if you were acting on instinct 
27. The Health Minister said it was OK to endanger public health if you meant well
28. Johnson said Cummings' "story rings true" because his own eyesight was fine before coronavirus, but now he needs glasses 
29. But in an interview with The Telegraph 5 years ago, Johnson said he needed glasses cos he was "blind as a bat"
30. Michael Gove went on TV and said it was "wise" to drive 30 miles on public roads with your family in the car to test your eyesight 
31. The DVLA tweeted that you should never, ever do this
32. Then ministers started claiming Cummings had to go to Durham because he feared crowds attacking his home. The streets were empty because we were observing the lockdown. 
33. And then a minister finally resigned
34. Steve Baker, Richard Littlejohn, Isabel Oakeshott, Tim Montgomerie, Jan Moir, Ian Dale, Julia Hartley Brewer, 30 Tory MPs, half a dozen bishops and the actual Daily Mail said Cummings should go 
35. The govt suggested we can ignore them, because they're all left-wingers
36. Then a vicar asked Matt Hancock if other people who had been fined for doing exactly what Cummings did would get their fine dropped. Matt Hancock said he'd suggest it to the govt 
37. The govt said no within an hour. Cummings' statement had lasted longer than that
38. And if the guidelines were so clear, why were people being stopped and fined for driving to find childcare in the first place? 
39. Then a new poll found people who wanted Cummings sacked had risen from 52% to 57% 
40. Cummings is considered the smartest man in the govt
41. And in the middle of all this, in case we take our eye off it: we reached 60,000 deaths. One of the highest per capita death rates worldwide. 
42. We still face Brexit under this lot. 
43. It's 4 years until an election 
44. And it's still only Wednesday

Switch off time on this one for me here.

Personally just sick and tired of ineffectual, weak, spineless, lying politicians being in charge of anything to do with our future.

He seems a particularly fine upstanding specimen.

41 minutes ago, Scully said:

I just wish Boris had said from the outset, something along the lines of....’ yes, Cummings acted unwisely and in other circumstances I may have told him to go, but the fact is this government needs him until we have left the EU entirely. 

Political suicide because he'd immediately be called on to explain why the whole country's future was dependent on one unelected individual with an extremely opaque role in this government. 

Actually, on second thoughts you're right. That's exactly what he should have said! 

Edited by Retsdon

Even the Queen isn't late for scheduled live TV. But of course, she's got proper manners. 

It's the little straws... 

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

But what has he done to justify a fine? 

He has not done anything to warrant a fine, but that does not alter the fact the Media "News / Social media/ Or anyone who shouts loud" have already decided he is history.  Not a care in the world given for the damage this bullying is doing the pound, or how WE the UK Look on the world stage. Sadly i feel this whole story is a stark reminder if we needed one of everything that is wrong with today’s society in this country.

I wish  Boris Johnson and his cabinet all the best in these troubled times, and would genuinely like to see those who have actually breached Covid 19 rules "Paparazzi not socially distancing for one." Fined .

The holt Brexit "alleged Plot" Theory, Is again , yet more evidence, we live in a media hyped country.   The Media in all its guises should hang its head in shame over the way it has NOT HELPED the national effort against Covid 19 at any point.

It did not help Brexit before it, and it wont help with the next big hurdle the country has. The media is a disgrace. Shameful behaviour from shameless people.

Serving mp gets abuse in the street and online = we must lower the heat of the debate, this will be the end of our democracy and think of jo.

Unelected advisor (Ie. Man with job)  gets abused by crowd outside own home and vilified  on line = hang the scummings, he deserves it.

42 minutes ago, old man said:

Personally just sick and tired of ineffectual, weak, spineless, lying politicians being in charge of anything to do with our future.

couldn't agree more..👍

8 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

It's worth remembering that Cummings isn't the only one who appears to flout the rules; but he does get most of the publicity.  Here's another who gets an entry , but well down the page https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8363289/Jeremy-Corbyn-pictured-flouting-social-distancing-rules.html

Oh, look! A squirrel!

1 hour ago, old man said:

I'm with you on this one.

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Political suicide because he'd immediately be called on to explain why the whole country's future was dependent on one unelected individual with an extremely opaque role in this government. 

😂 Absolute codswallop! He is part of the team, and an integral one at that, which is exactly why those who wish to thwart Brexit, want him out. They are afraid of him. 

2 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Even the Queen isn't late for scheduled live TV. But of course, she's got proper manners. 

It's the little straws... 

.....at which you’re now clutching. 

Edited by Scully

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Amused me too but the real amusement is in some of the responses 🙂 

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Raja you seriously need to get out more

Trust me, if only I'd had the common sense / intellect of Dom then I would of 😛 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Absolutely this and precisely why it's not so much about Cummings but the integrity of the person this nation voted in to steer us through the path beyond Brexit. It would also have helped deflate a lot of pressure that's coming shortly on COVID. Much lost opportunity.

4 hours ago, clangerman said:

WOW if that don’t make cummings a liar i don’t know what does if i accepted his beano script now i would be embarrassed on a monumental scale 

If you think ALL those 'facts' are real , then youre probably the sort of person who thinks the Beano is made up of factual accounts of real people too.

3 hours ago, Retsdon said:

It isnt, in any way shape or form, an utterly orgasmic exaggeration .

3 hours ago, Retsdon said:

The Queen doesnt even DO live TV , its recorded :lol:

10 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The Queen doesnt even DO live TV , its recorded 

Yes she does. She does the opening of Parliament. And she's never late.

Edit in: An interesting article on the Cummings  - Johnson relationship. I wonder how many people who voted Conservative knew that they were actually voting in Dominic Cummings as Prime Minister. https://www.politico.eu/article/boris-johnson-cant-let-dominic-cummings-go/

Edited by Retsdon

I hear the Durham police have carried out an investigation and decreed Dominic Cummings trip from London to Durham was not in breach of lockdown, but his 30 mile trip out to Barnard castle was “a minor breach” for which they propose to take no further action....stating if he had have been stopped by police they would have just told him to “return home”..........but remember this is Durham constabulary! The same force that due, it is claimed, to their dereliction of duty and incompetence, resulted in UK shooters having to suffer more unnecessarily stringent gun licence regulation!

19 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

I wonder how many people who voted Conservative knew that they were actually voting in Dominic Cummings as Prime Minister

Except ,again , they werent..just another eye rolling fake orgasmic over reaction :lol: