Shopping & Face Masks

AVB

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.  I've just been to the 'local' kebab / pizza /  shop and upon entering (with a face mask on, even though I think it's probably a waste of time...the horse has bolted!) I counted eleven youths, possibly aged between 12 and 14.  Not a mask in site.  Neither was any of the staff, delivery driver or girl at the till wearing any!  What exactly are the rules, for public and shop staff?  Just for clarity, ALL the youths were Asian (Indian most likely) but local kids.  I just wonder if their parents are 1) actually aware of the  (latest?) rules of mixing with more than a certain number of people outside of your immediate family....and 2)  actually bothering to ensure that their children are wearing masks when entering shops!  I have a feeling that they have all been to either the local mosque or to a (family) party, to celebrate Eid.  The shop staff (Iranians or Iraqis) didn't  seem bothered by the number of people in the shop at one time or the lack of masks!  Any thoughts on youths in general not wearing them or just their attitude to this pandemic / present situation we find ourselves in?

8 hours ago, DoolinDalton said:

I've just been to the 'local' kebab / pizza /  shop and upon entering (with a face mask on, even though I think it's probably a waste of time...the horse has bolted!)

If it is like any kebab shop I’ve ever seen the horse has definitely been bolted and is now twirling around the doner grill with 25 assorted other animals. 

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

If it is like any kebab shop I’ve ever seen the horse has definitely been bolted and is now twirling around the doner grill with 25 assorted other animals. 

That actually made me laugh out loud!

Many a true word spoken in jest,

35 minutes ago, millrace said:

They will be,,,,our glorious smug never responsible 1st minister will make sure of it,,yesterday she was claiming " we now know this is a seasonal virus".....really cant stand any of our idiots especially when they try to tell is what to do.....!!!!!!

That's why i said, yet. 

Finding the whole thing pretty disconcerting now; seen groups of teenagers wandering around the streets who now think that the hoodie up and facemask on combination (as well as the identikit tracksuit bottoms), gives them the anonymity to do as they please. Had a bloke in a facemask walking far to close behind my young daughter, again face mask on ( scurried off quickly when I shot over there), but with a face mask on my only description would be 'he had grey hair".

The latest crazy idea from Boris and co is the 50% off deal when buying a restaurant meal.  Why are they encouraging ANYONE to go to a restaurant, obviously WITHOUT A FACE MASK ON! Yes, I know it's difficult to EAT with a mask on.....but for some people, it's also difficult to actually BREATHE with one on, due to either physical or psychological factors!  The whole thing is slowly falling apart (for me at least) as I can't see the logic in the Government's strategy.  Can anyone here see why / where we, the UK, are heading with this contradictory strategy from our Government?     

10 hours ago, DoolinDalton said:

The latest crazy idea from Boris and co is the 50% off deal when buying a restaurant meal.  Why are they encouraging ANYONE to go to a restaurant, obviously WITHOUT A FACE MASK ON! Yes, I know it's difficult to EAT with a mask on.....but for some people, it's also difficult to actually BREATHE with one on, due to either physical or psychological factors!  The whole thing is slowly falling apart (for me at least) as I can't see the logic in the Government's strategy.  Can anyone here see why / where we, the UK, are heading with this contradictory strategy from our Government?     

Because we need to try to get back to spending money to save the economy. 

7 hours ago, AVB said:

Because we need to try to get back to spending money to save the economy. 

This. People need to get back to work to pay their bills, and some of them are restaurants themselves, and their staff. What do you ( DoolinDalton ) suggest as an alternative? 

Edited by Scully

The 50% is up to a maximum of £10 and it came as a pleasant surprise when this week we ventured out for the first time and it came off of our bill. We were glad we chose the early seating option because despite good distances between tables we didn't feel too comfortable as the restaurant started to fill up. A personal thing I suspect.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2020 at 15:35, B725 said:

I called into a garage this morning and there was 4 cars full of people of Asian descent all with several bicycles strapped to the back of the cars going in and out of the garage and not one was wearing a mask. 

On Monday in Norwich, I experienced the same thing of three people entering the garage to pay, not wearing masks- both middle aged and white.

Then last night as I popped into the local one stop at the wife’s request to pick up some ‘pop’ - Two people entered without masks on either, guess what , both white - what on earth is PW’s fascination over pointing out, or trying to blame, segments of our society???

BTW, just back from France and in the shops - “No masky, No Entry, No excuses as it will still be - No entry” . A lot where wearing them outside of the shops too. Don’t believe everything that you read in the Daily Mail as has been said before.

40 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

On Monday in Norwich, I experienced the same thing of three people entering the garage to pay, not wearing masks- both middle aged and white.

Then last night as I popped into the local one stop at the wife’s request to pick up some ‘pop’ - Two people entered without masks on either, guess what , both white - what on earth is PW’s fascination over pointing out, or trying to blame, segments of our society???

BTW, just back from France and in the shops - “No masky, No Entry, No excuses as it will still be - No entry” . A lot where wearing them outside of the shops too. Don’t believe everything that you read in the Daily Mail as has been said before.

Yesterday in a very loud voice I told two chaps (early 20's) to leave my local shop and get a mask with much support from the counter staff who are often feeling powerless to object.

I have two Doctors who are friends and they say the whole approach from Government advisors is a load of balony and the mask thing is just a cover up for their failings.

The one thing I am pleased about is that it has stopped this hugging instead of a good old straight forward hand shake. .

They have all the death statistic wrong,  got the A level exams wrong, why should I have faith in their assesment against my own Doctor.

The country has become a bunch of scaredy cats.

I am still waiting for a reply on my question as to how many died since 1st Jan this year from smoking and alcohol ...... oh hang on, they claw in millions from tax on those don't they.

26 minutes ago, oowee said:

Yesterday in a very loud voice I told two chaps (early 20's) to leave my local shop and get a mask with much support from the counter staff who are often feeling powerless to object.

And I hope they told you to mind your own business in an equally loud and sanctimonious manner.

2 hours ago, treetree said:

And I hope they told you to mind your own business in an equally loud and sanctimonious manner.

Far from it they went back to their van and came back with masks. Unfortunately I went in the same shop this morning without a mask and only realised my mistake when I got back in the car. :blush:

3 hours ago, oowee said:

No shop can force you to wear one as the staff are not trained to know if you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing one. I have asked that same question in several shops and they all said the same.