Anyone had the jab yet?

Scully

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know more people who have had the jab than have had the virus!  

There are c. 9mln people over 70 in the U.K.  with the rate we are going and with it ramping up all of them will be done by end of January and as they are the most impacted that’s job done. If all we are left with is younger people getting infected, many of whom will be asymptomatic we should be well on our way back to normality by then. 

My wife  had the first one last week, she works for the NHS and they had a batch ready and at the end of the day they had 38 doses left but only 20 more people booked in , so they just went round the staff and asked who wanted it so she was one of the 18 who  got the rest of the batch, i will have to wait a good few months before i get mine

• 2 weeks later...

Bumped into a woman I know whilst walking the dog today. She is 50 something and works as a doctors receptionist 1 1/2 hours a week (yes one and a half). She said she had her first jab on Christmas eve. Glad to see we are prioritising the vaccine for those who need it the most! 

37 minutes ago, AVB said:

Bumped into a woman I know whilst walking the dog today. She is 50 something and works as a doctors receptionist 1 1/2 hours a week (yes one and a half). She said she had her first jab on Christmas eve. Glad to see we are prioritising the vaccine for those who need it the most! 

My ex works as a part time cleaner at the local Docs. She is 56 and has been offered the vaccine; makes perfect sense to me. Docs clinics need receptionists as well as cleaners. 

I’ve had the first jab, no issues apart from a sore arm the next day. Booked in for the second dose on 10th jan. I’ve several colleagues that have long COVID, I don’t know anyone close to me that have died. But seeing COVID patients everyday, and seeing the fear in their eyes, Tells me I don’t want COVID. 

8 minutes ago, Scully said:

My ex works as a part time cleaner at the local Docs. She is 56 and has been offered the vaccine; makes perfect sense to me. Docs clinics need receptionists as well as cleaners. 

I have no problem with full time staff getting it. Or part time staff who work significant hours. But sorry somebody who works 1 1/2 hours a week isn’t indispensable and hours could be made up by somebody else easily. 

My daughter had hers last week (Doctor). We live out in the sticks and the local surgery is administering them and has asked that people do not call to find out what is happening and just wait. Simply not good enough. Pressure is starting to build we want to know hw many are getting them and when we can expect a call. ;)