‘Ping’demic!

Scully

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Vince Green said:

All our bins are emptied by contractors. The council don't have any part in it since 2014 when it was privatised

and has it got worse? you bet it has

We had an outdoor meeting with the new head of the local authority that I work for . It was mentioned how lucky the local authority is to still have waste collection/recycling  in house . She mentioned that many local authorities went private , and it's been disastrous ( I've no idea why) , and it's now costing some local authorities millions of pounds to bring it back in house. 

One of the large waste management firms wanted to take us over a few years ago . They came in to take a look , but walked away , as we were already running lean , so had no fat to trim , and no profit to be made.

It was also said at the meeting,  that our facilities are about to be improved.  Our current rest room facilities are 1 toilet cubicle,  and about 6 chairs that are sited about 30 yards from tipped waste , these luxurious facilities are shared by about 200 blokes 😊

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

It was also said at the meeting,  that our facilities are about to be improved.  Our current rest room facilities are 1 toilet cubicle,  and about 6 chairs that are sited about 30 yards from tipped waste , these luxurious facilities are shared by about 200 blokes 😊

That sounds lovely,  your probably getting new chairs!

On 20/07/2021 at 18:39, Scully said:

Just been reported on NE news that refuse collecting and the Police have been impacted by the amount of employees having to self isolate. 
Is it me? Just delete the app you morons! 🤪

Binned it days ago - load of ****!

8 hours ago, Mice! said:

That sounds lovely,  your probably getting new chairs!

I've been around long enough to know that speaking about it,  is as far as it will ever get 😊.

In fairness , we have had two pay rises this year . The first pay rise was giving us back money that was legally stolen from us about five years ago ,  and with the second pay rise , I can buy an extra loaf of bread every week . I'm not complaining though , in all honesty I was expecting another pay cut 😊.

8 hours ago, snow white said:

Funny how loads are getting pinged now the weather is nice just saying 

Agreed.

I want to know the stats and demographic behind those that get pinged, those that actually get the virus, those that are actually hospitalised and those that die. 

All the people I know who are over 80 years of age and in the greatest at risk group, don’t really do IT in the first place and won’t have the app. 

this pinging thing.......................

if i was stuck in a traffic jam...windows up....playing my tunes......and the person in the next car was positive.....would i get pinged  as a result ?............

if so ...then this pinging thing would spread expodentially...

if i over took a car on a dual carrigeway...and the driver was positive...would i get pinged as well ???

10 minutes ago, ditchman said:

this pinging thing.......................

if i was stuck in a traffic jam...windows up....playing my tunes......and the person in the next car was positive.....would i get pinged  as a result ?............

if so ...then this pinging thing would spread expodentially...

if i over took a car on a dual carrigeway...and the driver was positive...would i get pinged as well ???

From what I understand is that your phone has to be in close proximity to the another phone or 10 mins to trigger the connection. So if your stuck in a traffic jam for 15 mins and the car next to hasn’t moved, then yes possibly you can get pinged. But overtaking another car shouldn’t trigger the connection 

29 minutes ago, Mr.T said:

From what I understand is that your phone has to be in close proximity to the another phone or 10 mins to trigger the connection. So if your stuck in a traffic jam for 15 mins and the car next to hasn’t moved, then yes possibly you can get pinged. But overtaking another car shouldn’t trigger the connection 

right ...i got it now ...cheers:good:

there is a time element to it

A family friend who works in the local council's housing dept offices said half their staff are off claiming to be self isolating. All you have to do is phone in and say you are having to self isolate and its accepted without question, Its a skivers charter. I can see why they want to be able to grant the councils exemption status

46 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Have you got a mobile phone ?

err with the app on it 🤔🤭

errrr.............no

and

errrr...........no

i have a cuckoo clock tho'............is that any good ?

can i put an app on my landline ?............and then i can be bonged....

23 minutes ago, ditchman said:

errrr.............no

and

errrr...........no

i have a cuckoo clock tho'............is that any good ?

can i put an app on my landline ?............and then i can be bonged....

Looking like your being left out of the whole bonging thing 

careful with the cuckoo clock (bird flu ) 

3 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

One I heard this morning on LBC was, 99.4% (it may have been 98.4%) of children pinged and forced to isolate, never contracted the virus/tested positive.

Might be true, but some of the kids in my kids school and the wifes were testing positive,  in the final few weeks the years were dropping like flies, kids were getting ill and symptoms so having to get tested, my daughter was off twice in the final 3 weeks.

One of the mums was in bits on a msg group because her kid got ill so the year had to finish.

The teachers were relieved to get to the end of term, with the funny comment my phone is going in a draw for the next ten days!

And just as funny, younger kids were moaning because their older siblings were off and they weren't 😅😅

I got the App near the beginning of the farce that is Track and Trace, mainly because you couldn't get into most places without it.
I dumped it last year, when a friend got pinged days before a UK holiday booking.

I know that there are frequent check ups if you are quarantining , I know people that have had almost daily phone calls and a couple of visits , but do they check up if you are isolating ?

3 hours ago, Cranfield said:

I got the App near the beginning of the farce that is Track and Trace, mainly because you couldn't get into most places without it.
I dumped it last year, when a friend got pinged days before a UK holiday booking.

I know that there are frequent check ups if you are quarantining , I know people that have had almost daily phone calls and a couple of visits , but do they check up if you are isolating ?

Good question. My son wouldn't go out when isolating last week for fear of being fined if it was discovered he wasn't actually at home! he is a student and can't afford the fine. I advised him to leave his phone at home if he went out, but being a good lad he just did his time. He has deleted it now. 

On the news today the 'ping' is now affecting delivery goods via staff at places of entry and the haulage business. Madness! 

Anyone with an elementary grasp of mathematics could predict the chaos that Track and Trace would bring. When it first started, I predicted the forthcoming shambles. We simply don't have the type of country in which it would ever work, as did others on here.

I can only assume that somewhere, someone is making a fortune by perpetuating this.

21 hours ago, Scully said:

Good question. My son wouldn't go out when isolating last week for fear of being fined if it was discovered he wasn't actually at home! he is a student and can't afford the fine. I advised him to leave his phone at home if he went out, but being a good lad he just did his time. He has deleted it now. 

On the news today the 'ping' is now affecting delivery goods via staff at places of entry and the haulage business. Madness! 

When i was isolating last year when i had covid i was contacted two or three times by track and trace to see how i was doing.

1 minute ago, paul1966 said:

When i was isolating last year when i had covid i was contacted two or three times by track and trace to see how i was doing.

They werent bothered how you were doing 😄

They were making sure you were isolating.

Rang my missus EVERY day last year when she was isolating from a holiday return, and asked if she was at home.

It had to happen.

Two of the staff in local have been pinged, but as they’re both under 20 they’re both sat at home watching Netflix and doing their nails.
Meanwhile, 11 other staff ( all adults and breadwinners ) have all to self isolate until the 6th August. This means the outside catering vans are shut down, losing two venues they were booked to attend, and outside staff have been employed to cater to a wedding this weekend, thereby saving having to cancel, but the pub has closed, losing a few grands worth of trade, and the village PO is closed as the lady who runs it works part time in the pub kitchen. 
Way to go Jose! 🙂

Heres an interesting one.

Missus has just been pinged , 7 days isolation, as she has been in close proximity recently ect ect...

The issue is , she hasnt, shes been bedridden for the past week with a severe ear infection, the only contact she has had is her daughter and me , neither of us have the app ?

Well I'm gutted . I've got so much to do at home , and I'd be over the moon to get pinged so that I can get ten days off . I just mentioned it to lin , and shes told me that I don't even have the app on my phone 😢