Booster Jab

Walker570

24 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

In the place where I got my booster (A sports hall) there were about 12 desks each with number of seats in front of them. The people doing the jabs all appeared to be doctors judging by their age and demeanor.

This is why the GP surgeries are in crisis. The average surgery consists of one or two partners and the rest of the doctors were self employed locums, even though they may have been there for years. When the pandemic hit and the surgeries stopped seeing patients a lot of the locums got laid off

Now the Locums can earn mega money working in the vaccination centres (£1000+ per day) with no real hassle apart from it being a very long day. Why would they want to go back working for the GPs who treated them so badly?

We have three doctors in our family so the info is good

I confidently predict that GPs will go like dentists, a two tier system both private and NHS. They have been wanting to for years,

I have already gone over to a private GP because I have been unable to see my NHS GP since june about my very painful knee. 

Phoned up Thusday morning totally cold, didn't know me from Adam. Saw me Thursday eve 7.30, I've got an ultrasound Monday 6.30pm  after that?  Lets see, sure its going to cost me but I don't care.  Money is not a key issue, don't want the pain and the crutches

I’m not really sure ‘age and demeanour’ is any guarantee of ones occupation really, as appearances can be deceptive. 
I’ve been double jabbed plus flu jab this year, and haven’t seen a GP yet as far as I’m aware. 
A 55 year old neighbour is very forthright, well educated and well spoken, and administers the jab at our local vaccine centre. She is a solicitor and first responder, but often mistaken for a GP. Demeanour I assume. 

In my experience all those in serious need of seeing a GP during the pandemic have seen one. 

What a terminally poor set up for booking a booster jab.

Finally after selecting one after another date on the list as limited but actually meaning UNAVAILABLE! I have secured a venue, date and time for my jab.

Then you receive a survey asking how was the booking procedure, I do hope they read all of my reply!

The wife and i got our jags this morning as we sat down my next door neighbour was next to us , we couldnt understand why we had to go to the next village to get jagged when we only went to a local church in April ?. My wifes complaining of sore arms but she was the same after her second jag . im neither up nor down more bothered about a cough i caught off my grandson 

On 06/11/2021 at 19:28, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Finally after selecting one after another date on the list as limited but actually meaning UNAVAILABLE!

I had that on booking my first jabs last spring.  This time for the booster, no problem at all and booked for the first date available within the 6 month rule, and at the vaccination centre of my choice (easy parking!). 

It is strange as my friend along the road (same postcode) booking very soon after me wasn't offered that centre at all, but has to go to another.  I think the slots are filling very quickly.

So I had my booster yesterday, no after-effects btw, and today received an email from the "NHS" offering me a "travel certificate" if I completed my full details, including mother's maiden name and bank details.

However they omitted to ask for my NHS number.

The harrisholes are always out there, chaps.

Well, the Mrs and I are now both up to date with the jabs. We had the flue one at an open walk in at the GPS practice a few weeks ago. At the beginning of the week I got an invitation letter for the booster. Although the Mrs has a few weeks to go I put her details into the online and she was accepted so I  followed along. We had options of place and time.  We turned up at 4.30 this afternoon and it was all very slick and quick. I asked how many were going through a day and was told that it was in the region of about 800. Just a 15 min wait afterwards to make sure that we didnt keel over.  Easy.  Another in six months time. ?

My 3rd jab today 0800.

Despite texts from NHS, my surgery claims they can't do the 3rd jab at this time. They also can't do the flu jab.

I was told to book elsewhere. Local pharmacy's claim to have run out. 

I booked on line for mine today, unfortunately my wife being housebound can't come with me for hers and has to wait for the local GP to put his house in order to make home visits. Our last two jabs were at home. 

Decided to have mine just in case I was likely to carry something to my wife. Wife's no idea when hers or the flu jab is likely to happen.

Had the Moderna booster yesterday. 

Today I can hardly lift my arm and have spent most of the day in bed. Bad headache, explosive runs, feeling of sickness, extreme thirst and its brought my Meniere's on real bad.

I packed the car yesterday after the jab to shoot today. Can't even stand today without a zimmer.

I went in to Stamford at lunchtime for my 3rd jab.

Was given the Pfizer one this time.

Previous two were the AstraZeneca variety.

My arm is tender at the site of the needle, but nothing else to report.

Hopefully after catching up with some much needed sleep it will have settled down.

13 hours ago, Mr.C said:

Mate and his missus both had theirs last Saturday and both felt terrible Sunday. Right as rain Monday. Hopefully you just feel bad for 24hrs. 

Well I will consider myself lucky then.

Still just the slight discomfort at the site of the injection.

Hardest part of the whole thing was getting a booking through the awful website.

Oh, one other point, I took paracetamol and don't know if it helps, but it was worth a try.

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well I will consider myself lucky then.

Still just the slight discomfort at the site of the injection.

Hardest part of the whole thing was getting a booking through the awful website.

Oh, one other point, I took paracetamol and don't know if it helps, but it was worth a try.

Lucky you🤣

Still rough today. Yesterday took Migraleve (over the counter medicine), and extra Stemetil, Betahistine Dihydrocloride, Loperamide and Omeraprazole. Then bed. Later same but Co-Codamol instead of Migraleve uped my insulin by 48 units and 2 Gaviscon.

Going back to bed now, ache all over and struggling to stay awake. 

No shooting again today🥴

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/11/2021 at 09:28, Centrepin said:

Lucky you🤣

Still rough today. Yesterday took Migraleve (over the counter medicine), and extra Stemetil, Betahistine Dihydrocloride, Loperamide and Omeraprazole. Then bed. Later same but Co-Codamol instead of Migraleve uped my insulin by 48 units and 2 Gaviscon.

Going back to bed now, ache all over and struggling to stay awake. 

No shooting again today🥴

Sound like you had a adverse reaction and hope it soon pass , had my booster two days ago , never had any problems with the first two and like TIGHTCHOKE had a different vaccine for the booster , felt a very small pin ***** when first injecting me and not even the stiff arm everyone seem to get after a day or so , had the makings of a minor cold yesterday but no more than my normal daily aches and pains .

Hope you are now back out shooting again , when and if you feel like it :good: