Booster Jab

Walker570

Anyone tried to book this?  I just rang the 119 number and had to press this press that...EVEN told to press 2 if I wanted to speak in ENGLISH. Finally got so confused with the pros and cons  I hung up.  I am told my own Surgery will be doing the boosters in the near future and I will wait  until then. They did a superb job of arranging the initial jabs and I didn't have to travel half way across the country to get it done. . 

A ####up in a brewery springs to mind.    My wife and I stood a yard apart and had both our initial jabs within seconds of each other.  She has had a letter to get the booster and after two weeks I am still waiting for mine.

Hope you have all had better servie.

15 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Anyone tried to book this?  I just rang the 119 number and had to press this press that...EVEN told to press 2 if I wanted to speak in ENGLISH. Finally got so confused with the pros and cons  I hung up.  I am told my own Surgery will be doing the boosters in the near future and I will wait  until then. They did a superb job of arranging the initial jabs and I didn't have to travel half way across the country to get it done. . 

A ####up in a brewery springs to mind.    My wife and I stood a yard apart and had both our initial jabs within seconds of each other.  She has had a letter to get the booster and after two weeks I am still waiting for mine.

I'm one of the vulnerable folk. Had my letter for a choice of flu jab dates, but this was pre booster so had another note cancelling the flu and would get another date to have both done at once which is dependent upon a 6 month space between then and the second covid jab. So, did you and your wife have the second  covid at the same time? If not, that may explain it.

34 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

...EVEN told to press 2 if I wanted to speak in ENGLISH. 

It just makes you hate foreigners but it's the offended snowflake generation that's set this up. Not the non English speakers.

My surgery phoned and told us we're overdue flu and third jab but they come to us not the other way round.

Got a ping on my phone to invite us for the booster. Not sure from who. Then within days got letters from NHS, then phone call from doctors. We chose to go to the nearest one offered and had the jabs a week or so ago.

I did try the 119 and found it impossible to understand.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

We’re you contacted by your surgery to make an appointment? 

If you go on https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/book-or-manage-a-booster-dose-of-the-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine/

it will tell you whether or not you are eligible.

My wife had her 2nd jab a month before  I did, so she is now eligible and booked in for next week.

She booked from this website, then 2 days later was contacted by the GP to suggest that she book in!

3 hours ago, Centrepin said:

It just makes you hate foreigners but it's the offended snowflake generation that's set this up. Not the non English speakers.

My surgery phoned and told us we're overdue flu and third jab but they come to us not the other way round.

Yep. Just had another chatty chit. The booster will now be changed to a third jab because of the state of my immune system.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, 6 months and 5 days after my 2nd jab, the NHS covid booking site has allowed me to book my booster for the week after next. 

It looks as though I will be getting the Pfizer, having had the Astra-Zeneca for jabs 1 and 2. 

That should make an interesting mix!

Just been through the same experience.

NHS contacted me to book booster , their site did not offer my local vac station so cancelled booking.

My wife got invitation from our doctors surgery , this method did offer our local vac station.

She booked , attended and mentioned my case , they gave her a chatty so that I could attend same day.

Took that option and had Phizer booster , had AZ 1st and 2nd jab.

Contacted doctors who stated that boosters are now arranged by NHS and vac stations are only open lees days a week.

That may explain why the booster roll out is much slower than the initial jabs.

Edited by TR1

Practice pinged me after 6 months and 3 days

had jab following day, about 4 weeks ago

i have since had about 10 contacts from NHS advising me to have it! The systems do not talk to each other.

tried phoning practice  for flu jab....gave up. Called in at surgery and they did it within about 5 minutes as the nurse was already doing them so she slipped me in

Flu jab - my GP surgery, totally hopeless this year - check with your local pharmacy as they are doing the Flu jabs too (for free) which is where mine was done.

Covid Booster/3rd jab - (1 and the same BTW). Nothing forthcoming from  the official system - I'm immune system compromised so need it. Went to the local vaccination centre in person nd explained the situation to the nurse in charge - jabbed.

I was bombarded with emails from my GP surgery to book my booster. I was away so couldn't get it done till this week. The GPs get paid for every one they do so they are pushing it like mad. Got my flu jab at the same time.

Amazing what a cash incentive does, cant get an appointment to see a doctor face to face but they pester you to come and get your jab 

5 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I was bombarded with emails from my GP surgery to book my booster. I was away so couldn't get it done till this week. The GPs get paid for every one they do so they are pushing it like mad. Got my flu jab at the same time.

Amazing what a cash incentive does, cant get an appointment to see a doctor face to face but they pester you to come and get your jab 

It isn’t likely to be your GP who administers your jab though, more likely a nurse. 
Got a text asking me to book mine sometime after the 20th, so will do so next week sometime, but I’m not expecting to see my GP, they’re far too busy. 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

It isn’t likely to be your GP who administers your jab though, more likely a nurse. 
Got a text asking me to book mine sometime after the 20th, so will do so next week sometime, but I’m not expecting to see my GP, they’re far too busy. 

In the place where I got my booster (A sports hall) there were about 12 desks each with number of seats in front of them. The people doing the jabs all appeared to be doctors judging by their age and demeanor.

This is why the GP surgeries are in crisis. The average surgery consists of one or two partners and the rest of the doctors were self employed locums, even though they may have been there for years. When the pandemic hit and the surgeries stopped seeing patients a lot of the locums got laid off

Now the Locums can earn mega money working in the vaccination centres (£1000+ per day) with no real hassle apart from it being a very long day. Why would they want to go back working for the GPs who treated them so badly?

We have three doctors in our family so the info is good

I confidently predict that GPs will go like dentists, a two tier system both private and NHS. They have been wanting to for years,

I have already gone over to a private GP because I have been unable to see my NHS GP since june about my very painful knee. 

Phoned up Thusday morning totally cold, didn't know me from Adam. Saw me Thursday eve 7.30, I've got an ultrasound Monday 6.30pm  after that?  Lets see, sure its going to cost me but I don't care.  Money is not a key issue, don't want the pain and the crutches

Edited by Vince Green