Facebook advertisment

steve_b_wales

I've just advertised fox lure on one of the sites via Facebook. The first reply was 'Why do you want to lure foxes' and the second, by another 'person' 'He sells guns and lures to shoot them -*******'

I'm not even going to reply to either of them, but have reported the second person.

23 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I've just advertised fox lure on one of the sites via Facebook. The first reply was 'Why do you want to lure foxes' and the second, by another 'person' 'He sells guns and lures to shoot them -*******'

I'm not even going to reply to either of them, but have reported the second person.

Most people are so far removed from the realitys of life it'd take weeks to educate them, that's if their mind were open to learning something. 

Don't let it get to you. 

39 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Most people are so far removed from the realitys of life it'd take weeks to educate them, that's if their mind were open to learning something. 

Don't let it get to you. 

It certainly won't get to me, I'm thicker skinned than that. I agree though about tem being 'so far removed'.

20 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

It certainly won't get to me, I'm thicker skinned than that. I agree though about tem being 'so far removed'.

What these people don't understand is that to live on this planet requires the natural circle of life to occur. Even vegans, for them to eat crops requires pigeons and other life forms don't, most of the public are literally clueless 🙉

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

What these people don't understand is that to live on this planet requires the natural circle of life to occur. Even vegans, for them to eat crops requires pigeons and other life forms don't, most of the public are literally clueless 🙉

I've actually attracted a few more comments. My only reply to the first one was that she was invited to show proof that I sell guns and/or attract foxes to kill them, and that her comment has been passed to the admin team. She then replied, 'Go ahead' it doesn't bother me, what you going to do, shoot me or poison me like you do to foxes'? I reported this comment as well, and I'm in the process of tracing this person (local to me I believe) with a view of contacting my solicitor.

1 hour ago, ShootingEgg said:

I just find it amazing how they feel they can talk in that way about others, they'd be the first person to say they're being insulted if you went back at them.

That's why I'm being calm etc. Getting into a slanging match with the likes of her, won't do our shooting community any good. I really am tempted to see a solicitor though, especially now that I've also been accused of poisoning foxes. 

9 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

That's why I'm being calm etc. Getting into a slanging match with the likes of her, won't do our shooting community any good. I really am tempted to see a solicitor though, especially now that I've also been accused of poisoning foxes. 

UPDATE. More keyboard warriors have now jumped on the wagon and I'm receiving insults (:))and that 'Karma' gets me. I'm only waiting for a direct threat against me.

1 hour ago, ShootingEgg said:

I just find it amazing how they feel they can talk in that way about others, they'd be the first person to say they're being insulted if you went back at them.

Because people like this only think offence matters, when they are the offended not the offender.

5 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

UPDATE. More keyboard warriors have now jumped on the wagon and I'm receiving insults (:))and that 'Karma' gets me. I'm only waiting for a direct threat against me.

Good luck, hopefully they find something else to take offence at.

I doubt you will get much help from Facebook, it will probably be you that gets a ban, even though you have done nothing wrong.

Youj are experiencing the joys of social media, where a very vocal minority have taken control, they will band together to continually abuse and harrass anyone who does not agree with them totally ,or does anything they do not like.

It really is not worth contacting solicitors as most of these people operate under false profiles and getting their details from facbook is like trying to plat mist.

Ignore them, better still on facebook block them.

You're giving them more attention than you should Steve.  Just blank them mate.

Or.

You could always mention that your fox lure is fantastic,  and has lured in almost 100 foxes so far this year , and you shot them all😅.

Edited by mel b3

27 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Youj are experiencing the joys of social media, where a very vocal minority have taken control, they will band together to continually abuse and harrass anyone who does not agree with them totally ,or does anything they do not like.

It really is not worth contacting solicitors as most of these people operate under false profiles and getting their details from facbook is like trying to plat mist.

Ignore them, better still on facebook block them.

That's all I'd do, I don't use FB properly because I can't be bothered with everyone wanting an opinion on what everyone else does. 

48 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

describes it spot on facebook especially is not worth the time it takes to sign up 

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

You're giving them more attention than you should Steve.  Just blank them mate.

Or.

You could always mention that your fox lure is fantastic,  and has lured in almost 100 foxes so far this year , and you shot them all😅.

More abuse has been pouring in, and I'm just laughing at it. I'm not going to block them (yet) as this would be up their street, and they would class it as a win. The first  one, actually lives close to me, as I've found out who she is. I'm just waiting (hoping) for a direct threat to me, my family or property, and then I will deal with it. In the meantime, I'll just monitor the posts. It started because my advert went onto a 'local' site. It's been advertised elsewhere with no issues.

I posted a picture of me cutting up local venison for our menu on fb a vegan woman argued at me, a quick search of her profile revealed her love of cats and Harris tweed, she shut up when i pointed out that her cat ate meat and you need sheep for wool, however I have found that life is to short to argue on social media

2 hours ago, clangerman said:

describes it spot on facebook especially is not worth the time it takes to sign up 

Absolutely bang-on.  Do not use Facebook or any of its other appendages such as WhatsApp and Instagram - they are toxic to individuals and society as a whole. 

I like social media and use it often. It has its good and bad points….the good being the painting I sold yesterday, entirely through social media, to the not so good….being that of the type which the OP has attracted.
I am squarely of the opinion that if you post an opinion on a public forum then you should expect that public to respond likewise, whether it’s in agreement with you or not. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

I like social media and use it often. It has its good and bad points….the good being the painting I sold yesterday, entirely through social media, to the not so good….being that of the type which the OP has attracted.
I am squarely of the opinion that if you post an opinion on a public forum then you should expect that public to respond likewise, whether it’s in agreement with you or not. 

I totally agree, and the comments made haven't bothered me one bit. We all know what the 'fluffy bunny' brigade are like. 

11 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I totally agree, and the comments made haven't bothered me one bit. We all know what the 'fluffy bunny' brigade are like. 

We do indeed. 
I am currently in discussion with a vegan ( seems a nice woman actually ) who is yet another who is of the opinion that we can ‘save’  the animals if we stop eating them. 🤷‍♂️