Boris ...is he a dead man walking.

TRINITY

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

And this is one thing I would agree with Johnson on - in principle.  Every 'Head Of' Govt/Dept/Company ultimately holds responsibility for all that Govt/Dept/Company does.  Many good (as well as bad) people have lost positions on that basis.  You are right in that Starmer cannot have it both ways.

However, bringing up the very toxic 'Saville' was wrong.

I too don't recall what provoked Boris's retort. People can't raise some topics because of the new woke wave, yet I seem to recall parliamentary privilege allows fully free speech . As you say other department heads have gone because personnel or the org in general failed to do the job correctly. The job of the CPS is to prosecute wronguns whoever they may be. Child abuse was being given a very wide berth, but its too offensive to talk about?

I think and hope this will eventually see a backlash.

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Dave-G said:

I too don't recall what provoked Boris's retort. People can't raise some topics because of the new woke wave, yet I seem to recall parliamentary privilege allows fully free speech . As you say other department heads have gone because personnel or the org in general failed to do the job correctly. The job of the CPS is to prosecute wronguns whoever they may be. Child abuse was being given a very wide berth, but its too offensive to talk about?

I think and hope this will eventually see a backlash.

Johnson was rebuking Starmer for saying that the buck stops at the top.

Johnson was pointing out that Starmer was head of the CPS when the Saville case was being worked upon.

6 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Johnson was pointing out that Starmer was head of the CPS when the Saville case was being worked upon.

If that's the case then I'd say he was justified and making his point, he's probably had it up his sleeve for a long time, but as Dave said blew the delivery line.

11 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I was thinking about what Starmer had said that Boris had to spontaneously 'reply' to whilst thinking of the bad boyz baying mob mentality comments made across the floor every day in that pantomime. Swift cut and thrust sums it up quite well.

Edited by Dave-G

We've seen the first salvo from Boris and I think Starmer is going to regret the vicious nature of some of his comments about Boris. To misquote one lady, I think Starmer has something of the sly about him.

Apart from which, you'd think that whereas Boris gets away with it, he could afford a decent barber.

6 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

I may well be wrong, but the cynic in me thinks that those "jumping ship" are probably the very ones that perpetrated/organised "the events" in question, and are jumping before pushed as it looks better on a CV.

In other environments would agree, but this is politics where it is said that a week is a long time; except that is, the desire for vengeance which means, as Boris demonstrated, that nothing is forgotten.

The problem with Jimmy Saville you cannot put the blame on Starmer  as it was plane to anyone with a brain that the guy was very odd and quite how the BBC could not see this fact I do not understand.

As for Boris again I never got why people see in him he has always told lies and tends to blame everyone but himself of the lot I rate Michal Gove he has not got much personality but he is good at his job and he really ****** off the Teachers when he was education minister and that has to prove he is good at his job add to that he told us that Boris was not up to the job and got slagged of for doing so.

8 minutes ago, four-wheel-drive said:

The problem with Jimmy Saville you cannot put the blame on Starmer  as it was plane to anyone with a brain that the guy was very odd and quite how the BBC could not see this fact I do not understand.

As for Boris again I never got why people see in him he has always told lies and tends to blame everyone but himself of the lot I rate Michal Gove he has not got much personality but he is good at his job and he really ****** off the Teachers when he was education minister and that has to prove he is good at his job add to that he told us that Boris was not up to the job and got slagged of for doing so.

Unfortunately any one with a brain and not reaching level 10 on the trump scale is unlikely to get to first base with the Tory fan club. 

16 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I'm not fully up to speed on it all , but I think that it's a matter of public record , that starmer had no knowledge of Saville , and his wrongdoings.  For Boris Johnson to sling mud on such a vile subject( especially when it appears not to be true ) , is a particularly low blow , even for a politician. 

A bright spark here commented the other day that in his esteemed opinion nowadays most politicians are lower than worms rectums. Him being 84 has seen a fair few to measure by?

2 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

I may well be wrong, but the cynic in me thinks that those "jumping ship" are probably the very ones that perpetrated/organised "the events" in question, and are jumping before pushed as it looks better on a CV.

I was having these exact thoughts as I watched the news this morning 👍

2 minutes ago, old man said:

A bright spark here commented the other day that in his esteemed opinion nowadays most politicians are lower than worms rectums. Him being 84 has seen a fair few to measure by?

Wise words .

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

I'm chuckling at the questionnaires that have been sent to downing Street regarding the partygate business.  

Did you do it Boris. Please tick appropriate answer.

Yes

No 

😄 ✔️

I see he's answered already 😂

1 hour ago, JKD said:

I see he's answered already 😂

Can you just imagine a politician trying to give a yes or no answer 😁.

Ah , well you see it's not really as simple as yes or no , we have to first consider the effect that a yes or no answer might have on inflation , or the NHS,  or transport , or the price of eggs . But lessons will be learned , and in this instance , I think that a yes or no answer might incriminate me , so I'll talk twaddle , until you've forgotten the question 😁.