Ottawa police chief resigns

peck

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60395241

How the hell do you make provision for this type of demonstration. Why should he be expected to resign when he has tried his best to stop the demo. 

Its like the corona virus, who in the world would have contingency plans for something as big as that.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, peck said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60395241

How the hell do you make provision for this type of demonstration. Why should he be expected to resign when he has tried his best to stop the demo. 

Its like the corona virus, who in the world would have contingency plans for something as big as that.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I can't answer your first query, but logic says that a provision would be in place for demonstrations, which would be fine tuned to each specific demo.

Your 2nd query I can answer.... I know for a fact that the British government for one, has contingency plans for pandemics. I'm certain that Canada would also.

And yes,,,, hindsight is 😆

Edited by JKD

You should read up a bit more on it. There are two sides to every story and personally I side with the truckers.

All the truckers are objecting to is mandatory vaccinations and repeated testing.

The guns mentioned in the report are almost certainly planted from what I can gather in order to discredit the very peaceful protestors.

The police have threatened to take the protestors kids off them, they have sabotaged equipment (the police), the prime minister has invoked martial law in effect yet failed to do so during the BLM riots where people were killed. They are now saying they will freeze the truckers bank accounts too. There was £10m raised for the protestors by supporters of their cause through GoFundMe. Look up that one properly and you won't use Gofundme again. They then used a different platform called GiveGetGo or similar, they have confiscated that money too now.

Normal housewives, just ordinary folk like us have been visited by the police because they have expressed their support for the truckers on facebook.

Do not just accept the line that the truckers are the baddies, it is far from the case and there is plenty out there to support this. 

I am from western Canada. We have had protests and border blockades here also. I am not generally in support of the truckers. There goals are not well presented ; other than revolving around  vaccination issues. Their cries for freedom should include what they want to be free from.

They are seriously annoying prime minister Trudeau. This is widely supported in Canada.

News reporters still frequently making protesters out as the bad guys. I am not by any means a conspiracy guy but they are not reporting the plain truth.

Edited by dogone

16 hours ago, dogone said:

I am from western Canada. We have had protests and border blockades here also. I am not generally in support of the truckers. There goals are not well presented ; other than revolving around  vaccination issues. Their cries for freedom should include what they want to be free from.

They are seriously annoying prime minister Trudeau. This is widely supported in Canada.

News reporters still frequently making protesters out as the bad guys. I am not by any means a conspiracy guy but they are not reporting the plain truth.

Whats the likelihood of that wet wipe trudeau being elected again? Its been a while since I've heard anyone say anything decent about the "man"

Yea they are very important people, equally as bad as gluing themselves to roads to screw anyone who needs to get to work, how very dare they - and they obstruct the emergency services too.

And whilst I truly hope nobody dies or suffers life changing injuries because ambulances cannot make decent emergency passage, it will be justice if its very close relatives of anyone criminally obstructing public highways. 

They'd get a lot more support and sympathy if they protested in a way that doesn't screw up other peoples lives.

Dave G, I'm sorry but your alluding to the Insulate Britain protests just doesn't hold up to any sort of comparison.

First of all I'd bet good money that these people will let emergency vehicles through.

12 hours ago, Dave-G said:

They'd get a lot more support and sympathy if they protested in a way that doesn't screw up other peoples lives.

The whole point of these protests is that it is the mandates - as our Canadian cousins refer to them - restrictions to you and me, screws up other people's lives.  It is the self-employed truckers who are feeling it more than most. 2 years into this pandemic, there can be no justification for not moving towards 'living with this', and not constantly invoking emergency powers.  People need to have their lives back. 

Freezing the bank accounts of protestors using anti-terror legislation, and invalidating their insurance?  Trudeau has truly lost the plot.  Earlier he responded to an MP's question in parliament, who is Jewish, that conservatives were standing with people waving Swastikas, then refused to apologise.  The man is an absolute ****-trombone.

Sadly however, Canada's electoral math(s), viz. large urban population, means the world is stuck with him for the forseeable.

He managed to ban 12-gauge shot guns by the precise letter of the law, albeit it has not been enforced.

Oh, and anyone still doing 'blackface' in the early 2000s at fancy dress parties (plural!) would've been crucified in the media had they been even a little bit right-of-centre.

On 17/02/2022 at 04:49, Dave-G said:

Yea they are very important people, equally as bad as gluing themselves to roads to screw anyone who needs to get to work, how very dare they - and they obstruct the emergency services too.

And whilst I truly hope nobody dies or suffers life changing injuries because ambulances cannot make decent emergency passage, it will be justice if its very close relatives of anyone criminally obstructing public highways. 

And the emergency services will be required  because....

https://rumble.com/embed/vso3cy/?pub=4

Edited by serrac

This was in an article I was reading yesterday.

"Leftists across the Western world have become so alienated from working-class people that when they see truckers taking to the streets their immediate thought is, ‘Oh ****, the Nazis are back’. They essentially now fear working-class power. They think it is de facto fascistic. Demented anti-fascism is now one of many means through which these bourgeois posers peddle their class hatred."

16 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

This was in an article I was reading yesterday.

"Leftists across the Western world have become so alienated from working-class people that when they see truckers taking to the streets their immediate thought is, ‘Oh ****, the Nazis are back’. They essentially now fear working-class power. They think it is de facto fascistic. Demented anti-fascism is now one of many means through which these bourgeois posers peddle their class hatred."

Have did that get past the swear filter???

thats funny its just disapeared??

Edited by old'un

They are disrupting people's lives and putting some at risk, they should be arrested and their lorries towed.

The so-called “freedom convoy” – which departed for Ottawa on 23 January – was the brainchild of James Bauder, an admitted conspiracy theorist who has endorsed the QAnon movement and called Covid-19 “the biggest political scam in history”. 

Edited by ordnance

2 hours ago, welsh1 said:

Demented anti-fascism is now one of many means through which these bourgeois posers peddle their class hatred."

Indeed, so-called 'Anti-facists' seem to be advocates of fighting imaginary fire with real fire.  The most violent bunch of un-self-aware ejiots I've ever seen.

At least the average nazi skin head nuckle dragger admits he wants to cause harm for his cause, and doesn't constantly find new things to stomp on.

On 17/02/2022 at 21:31, Vince Green said:

There was a girl on TV tonight who seemed extra pleased to declare to the world that she hadn't been vaccinated.

Asked why her reply was "I won't be dictated to"

My view ? - muppet

A muppet, why? because she won't be forced to have a vaccine she doesn't want to have.

So would you be happy with forced vaccination for everyone. 

On 15/02/2022 at 20:21, 39TDS said:

You should read up a bit more on it. There are two sides to every story and personally I side with the truckers.

All the truckers are objecting to is mandatory vaccinations and repeated testing.

The guns mentioned in the report are almost certainly planted from what I can gather in order to discredit the very peaceful protestors.

The police have threatened to take the protestors kids off them, they have sabotaged equipment (the police), the prime minister has invoked martial law in effect yet failed to do so during the BLM riots where people were killed. They are now saying they will freeze the truckers bank accounts too. There was £10m raised for the protestors by supporters of their cause through GoFundMe. Look up that one properly and you won't use Gofundme again. They then used a different platform called GiveGetGo or similar, they have confiscated that money too now.

Normal housewives, just ordinary folk like us have been visited by the police because they have expressed their support for the truckers on facebook.

Do not just accept the line that the truckers are the baddies, it is far from the case and there is plenty out there to support this. 

This with knobs on.  Trudeaux is history believe me.  The antics by the police in particular the introduction of horses by riders who did not have a clue and ended up trampling folk into the pavement is despicable. I have seen our mounted branch used and they know what they are doing, these Canadian Mounties did not and where thrown in at the deep end whilst The Prime Minister scuttled off to the safety of his cottage in the country.  Hold the line Truckers.

On 17/02/2022 at 21:31, Vince Green said:

There was a girl on TV tonight who seemed extra pleased to declare to the world that she hadn't been vaccinated.

Asked why her reply was "I won't be dictated to"

My view ? - muppet

Well where does that stop?    It is well known in China that if you don't agree with the powers that be you get shuffled off and get re indoctrinated.  Hundreds of 'political' prisoners have been released this week in North Korea in terrible conditon because the Gloruis Leader says so.   How about forced contraception to reduce the human population due to climate change Heh???   We still live in a free world here in the western hemisphere and my body is mine and I will decide what happens to it even after death. 

8 minutes ago, ordnance said:

So you support people that break the law and disrupt peoples life's to get their point across, OK. I take it you would support similar protests in the UK from, Extinction Rebellion, Insulate Britain etc. 

support for the right to protest does not mean you share their views fair play to the truckers bullies should never be tolerated 

4 hours ago, serrac said:

And the emergency services will be required  because....

https://rumble.com/embed/vso3cy/?pub=4

Ah I see now... ambulances and fire engines are horse drawn in Canada and are narrow enough to pass between the lorries obstructing the highway if they wait and ask "pretty please let me pass".

Edited by Dave-G

28 minutes ago, clangerman said:

support for the right to protest does not mean you share their views fair play to the truckers bullies should never be tolerated 

But it does mean you support protesters breaking the law, OK. The sort of protests extinction rebellion etc organise and take part in. 

The moment you start intentionally obstructing other people from going about their day, you’re probably entering the realm of behaviour that is considered criminal by the Government of Canada. For instance, makes it an indictable offence to compel “another person to abstain from doing anything that he or she has a lawful right to do, or to do anything that he or she has a lawful right to abstain from doing.”

Edited by ordnance

28 minutes ago, ordnance said:

But it does mean you support protesters breaking the law, OK. The sort of protests extinction rebellion etc organise and take part in. 

support for peaceful or violent protest are again completely different things you don’t have to support both methods freedom to have such a choice is the very reason truckers are protesting and rightly so unless you wish to live in a police state 

45 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Ah I see now... ambulances and fire engines are horse drawn in Canada and are narrow enough to pass between the lorries obstructing the highway if they wait and ask "pretty please let me pass".

No, serious injuries are being caused to (genuine) peaceful protestors by the unjustified use of excessive force by the CMP at the instigation of an out of control government.