Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

13 hours ago, bostonmick said:

i wonder how many countries have to be devastated by russia before the rest of the world would say enough.providing there is no encroachmdnt into nato territory it seems putin and other murderers can at will kill millions of innocent civilians. 

Swap Russia for the US/UK , how many countries have we devastated ?
For what , to bring them 'freedom, democracy ? The fact they had some oil or mineral resources seems to be the deciding factor for out 'encroachments'

We have NO moral high ground.

3 hours ago, bostonmick said:

i never said ww3 but how far do you let these murderers go.where would it end if other leaders of putins type were to invade other non nato countries without fear of reprisals.most people were not as you put it up for ww2 but one man was and that was all it took. 

Tally up the body count, between Russias invasions over the past 50 years, and the peace loving US alone.

Again, to try and claim some moral superiority , is the height of hypocrisy.

40 minutes ago, Scully said:

I think if China wanted Taiwan there’d be very little anyone could do about it. 
They have already made it very clear that any sanctions against them would not be tolerated. 

This.

China are a whole new ball game , they have the money and influence to put serious hurt on the west, and a military to back it up.

A single Chinese BAT put the world on its knees, cost us trillions , and made us hide under the bed for 2 years (allegedly) :lol:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Swap Russia for the US/UK , how many countries have we devastated ?
For what , to bring them 'freedom, democracy ? The fact they had some oil or mineral resources seems to be the deciding factor for out 'encroachments'

We have NO moral high ground.

Tally up the body count, between Russias invasions over the past 50 years, and the peace loving US alone.

Again, to try and claim some moral superiority , is the height of hypocrisy.

This.

China are a whole new ball game , they have the money and influence to put serious hurt on the west, and a military to back it up.

A single Chinese BAT put the world on its knees, cost us trillions , and made us hide under the bed for 2 years (allegedly) 

we have no moral highground in this.however i do not believe that we or the us went to deliberately destroy civilian homes and areas of the cities they were in.i never agreed with afghanistan or iraq etc and yes it was mostly about oil and minerals although it did take out some despicable people.putin wants the old soviet union back and he does not care how he gets it.he is changing the whole of the world order.the experts said he would not invade ukraine look how that turned out and some experts are saying he will not use chemical or nuclear well lets hope they get that one right because the first push of that particular button would be devastating for the planet.

12 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

however i do not believe that we or the us went to deliberately destroy civilian homes and areas of the cities they were in

If we had , do you think we would admit to it ?

Between Iraq and Afghanistans occupation , around 1.2 million people were killed before their time, whatever language you want to use to describe how they met that fate ,  thats still a lot 'undeliberate deaths' , the US  term I believe , is collateral.

What Russia is doing in Ukraine is wrong , disgustingly wrong, but we lead the way when it comes to pillaging and murdering 'foreigners'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxgaYlkC2do

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

If we had , do you think we would admit to it ?

Between Iraq and Afghanistans occupation , around 1.2 million people were killed before their time, whatever language you want to use to describe how they met that fate ,  thats still a lot 'undeliberate deaths' , the US  term I believe , is collateral.

What Russia is doing in Ukraine is wrong , disgustingly wrong, but we lead the way when it comes to pillaging and murdering 'foreigners'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxgaYlkC2do

no country should invade another.i would say the only one that had any justification was to get bin laden.although saddam and gadafi were cruel butchers it was not our or the americans place to go after them that should have been left to their own people.all the experts got it wrong saying putin would not attack ukraine now the consensus seems to be he will not use chemical or nuclear lets bope they at least jave that right.we were being told by america that china was out to ďestroy the economys of the west well that never transpired but putin has done it in less than a month.we just have sit and wait to see what pleasures are put upon us from what he decides to do next and as he seems to be a irrational man thats anyones guess. if reports aretrue his generals are afraid to tell him the truth about how things are going that can only add to him thinking he is on top

17 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Are you sure about that :hmm:

They've done a pretty good job over the past couple of years.

i think you will find its down to us wanting cheap everything tjat has made them rich.nobody wants long lasting quality now just cheap and disposable. 

21 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

i think you will find its down to us wanting cheap everything tjat has made them rich.nobody wants long lasting quality now just cheap and disposable. 

That may be, but Covid has done a good job of destroying economies.

Coincidence that it came from China :hmm:

Edited by Newbie to this

11 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

That may be, but Covid has done a good job of destroying economies.

Coincidence that it came from China :hmm:

I think China did release Covid from a Lab proven by it banning internal flights whilst allowing International ones after Chinese New Year.  But what has transpired is that Biological weapons effect everyone and cannot be controlled.

9 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

I think China did release Covid from a Lab proven by it banning internal flights whilst allowing International ones after Chinese New Year.  But what has transpired is that Biological weapons effect everyone and cannot be controlled.

Yet! 

Hello, one month on, all this talk on war crimes, no one's prepared to help, more than supply arms and aid, while millions are displaced, 1000s dead, and whole cities and villages erased to the ground, a lady on question time panel described as a Hollywood movie, well it's not !!!! It's real and the whole world is watching, if it goes on there will not be any hope for those fighting, in bomb shelters , or those elderly who cannot leave, but then by some miracle Putin stops the bombing what have millions of Ukrainians got if they return, NOTHING !!!

40 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, one month on, all this talk on war crimes, no one's prepared to help, more than supply arms and aid, while millions are displaced, 1000s dead, and whole cities and villages erased to the ground, a lady on question time panel described as a Hollywood movie, well it's not !!!! It's real and the whole world is watching, if it goes on there will not be any hope for those fighting, in bomb shelters , or those elderly who cannot leave, but then by some miracle Putin stops the bombing what have millions of Ukrainians got if they return, NOTHING !!!

Have you managed to contact your friend from Ukraine?

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Good points. I very much hope once russia has left there will be substantial aid from the UK and others to assist them with rebuilding. 

7 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Good points. I very much hope once russia has left there will be substantial aid from the UK and others to assist them with rebuilding. 

what makes you think putin has any intention of leaving. other than leaving the place as a wasteland

42 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Hello, yes but it will cost trillions of £s , but should not the Kremlin pay, ? It will take so many many years but one can live in hope  👍

35 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

what makes you think putin has any intention of leaving. other than leaving the place as a wasteland

Hello, your right but I hope and pray he will, and let the Ukrainians live in peace

I see no reason why Russia would leave Ukraine; if that was Putins intention why would he invade in the first place? I certainly can’t see why he would care how many casualties there are, anymore than the numbers of casualties his involvement in Syria is responsible for.
He is expanding his empire and courting allies. It’s a game the West will be familiar with. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Have you managed to contact your friend from Ukraine?

Hello, not yet but thanks to ask, theres  a Ukraine posting for Kharkive on the Telegram platform for missing family and friends but I cannot seem get on there, what I need is a Ukrainian national to post for me, saying this I hope she is safe and ok, 

18 minutes ago, Scully said:

I see no reason why Russia would leave Ukraine; if that was Putins intention why would he invade in the first place? I certainly can’t see why he would care how many casualties there are, anymore than the numbers of casualties his involvement in Syria is responsible for.
He is expanding his empire and courting allies. It’s a game the West will be familiar with. 

why would he leave .if he controls ukraine he then not only has oil.gas and steel production that the rest of the world needs but also then has one of the largest grain bins to hold the world to ransom with.then if he chooses he could go for other territories and the world would just stand and watch to scared of being a little cold or hungry.

37 minutes ago, oowee said:

Because he will be unable to sustain the cost, the casualties and the mounting pressure from within. Its more a question of when and what he leaves.

well up to now none of the so called experts have guessed him right on what he will do.

Edited by bostonmick

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Because he will be unable to sustain the cost, the casualties and the mounting pressure from within. Its more a question of when and what he leaves.

I can’t see him leaving at all. This could drag on for years. 
In my opinion the only way this will end is with him being done in by his own side, and they live in fear of him. 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

If we're sending aid to the Ukraine I hope it's diverted away from others who take the micky , I can understand why countries are sending aid and supplies now, they want to hinder the Russians and Putin while helping the refugees. 

But it's not up to us to rebuild what's been destroyed. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I can’t see him leaving at all. This could drag on for years. 
In my opinion the only way this will end is with him being done in by his own side, and they live in fear of him. 🤷‍♂️

I see him holding the East, along with the Crimea,  then he'll probably lick his wounds for a few years before going again. 

He'll be controlling the ports which has to make him money.