Deisel prices 😳😳

harrycatcat1

Our local Sainsbury`s is charging £1.90/ltr for diesel whereas a Sainsbury`s  six miles away is £1.80. I would have thought that Sainsbury`s bought their fuel from the same supplier. Maybe overheads of the petrol station has something to do with it or as previously said, it`s down to the store manager.

OB

A few weeks ago it was just short of £2 a litre , then it started to drop and got down to around £1.75 a litre , now it is going back up a lot quicker than it came down , I think at our local Morrisons it was £1.94 , well that was yesterday , today it might well be higher , I fear the £2 a litre is not that far off :no:

Why has petrol come down but diesel stayed high.

It's about 20-30p/l more than it was before the world went to hell in a handcart. 

Used to be 10p/l more, taxes etc

Used to be a lot cheaper, then the government told us diesel cars were cheaper etc so we all bought them, so they put the taxes up on the fuel even though they were getting more income because we were buying more fuel.

38 minutes ago, manthing said:

Used to be a lot cheaper, then the government told us diesel cars were cheaper etc so we all bought them, so they put the taxes up on the fuel even though they were getting more income because we were buying more fuel.

When I bought my first diesel vehicle petrol was 74p and diesel was 67p per gallon. Within weeks diesel had become dearer than petrol and has remained so for 46 years. I still only run diesels though.

If anyone who is eligible to join Costco and has a store with a petrol forecourt not too far away then I would recommend joining. Their diesel is supermarket price but premium- something like V-power . My outlander definitely runs more economically when I use it.

My nearest Costco is 60 miles away, so whenever I am heading that way I always make sure I have an almost empty tank when I arrive.

35 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

in a word Greed

I don't think they would,  not when they got good pay rises, its been at this level for a while now with no mention of any strikes or blockades.

There was something on about the poor rail service on the Northern line and strikes, it may have been the Scottish lines that have been offered an 80% pay rise and no job loses till 2025, that sounds like greed, or they know loads will be made redundant as soon as they can.

While Northern it seems is just really really bad service,  if the train turns up.

On 29/10/2022 at 12:17, Old Boggy said:

Our local Sainsbury`s is charging £1.90/ltr for diesel whereas a Sainsbury`s  six miles away is £1.80. I would have thought that Sainsbury`s bought their fuel from the same supplier. Maybe overheads of the petrol station has something to do with it or as previously said, it`s down to the store manager.

OB

None left in sainsbury near Worksop yesterday 

21 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

I went to fill mine today at £1.88 a ltr the car in front put just £16 in LOL 

Some people just cannot afford to fill their tanks.

It will be like my mate said, you will be able to tell the well off people during the winter months as they will be the houses with steam coming out of their central heating vents.

4 minutes ago, old'un said:

Some people just cannot afford to fill their tanks.

It will be like my mate said, you will be able to tell the well off people during the winter months as they will be the houses with steam coming out of their central heating vents.

You can tell just drive up the motorway a lot of cars are now sitting at 55mph for some reason LOL i normally put £20/£40 in the range rover and it does me a month or two but im off on a short break tommorrow so filled it up   

2 hours ago, Bigbob said:

You can tell just drive up the motorway a lot of cars are now sitting at 55mph for some reason LOL i normally put £20/£40 in the range rover and it does me a month or two but im off on a short break tommorrow so filled it up   

Went through Germany on Friday & Saturday and was almost never overtaken by the 220kmh boys as used to be the case  most were trundling along at 120 kmh.