Boris on trial

oowee

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The electorate have a very limited choice. That is why Boris is probably the most electable. Labour - Corbyn, then the worse than useless hypocrite Starmer. Sunak, May etc.

Boris isn't perfect, but he has charisma - the rest don't.

Vince Green is on the money.

Edited by Gordon R

They all are puppets...when was the last time we saw a politician who actually cares for the electorate ?? Instead they are self serving *****...all rats of the one litter as far as I'm concerned...parliament should be filled with normal people and swapped out every few weeks..probably do a better job

Sod charisma,

The man is a cheat, a dishonest and philandering backstabbing mysoginistic racist liar who throws anybody who gets in his way under the bus,   historically this has included his illegitamate offspring, ex wives and lovers, he was guzzling booze and gorging on take aways when honest folk were not allowed to even visit life long dying partners in hospital or care homes, how many decent honest folk didnt attend funerals to see their loved ones off whilst he was stuffing his fat slobbering face? 

I for one enjoyed watching him squirm when finally he was called to account for his deliberate lies, this specimen of old etonion upper class entitlement and his self serving cronies have degraded the united kingdom and its citizen's  position and standing in the world to that of a third world country, they have dragged the country down to their own,valueless amoral level, his and the ophidian rees mogg's despicable actions in deliberately lying to the late Queen were bordering on treason.

he should be tarred,feathered and sent  back forthwith to whence he came from and never be allowed to sully these shores again. 

Thats my two penn'orth

Edited by janner

3 hours ago, janner said:

If he's the most electable politician we can come up with then it don't say much for the electorate.

I'm no fan of Johnson, but I'm inclined to believe he is the most electable (at present).  However I wouldn't like to see him return

Starmer, on the other hand is the most dull and boring - and by a long mile - and will never be otherwise.

Sunak - I'm still watching, but so far things could be a LOT worse (look at Truss).

38 minutes ago, janner said:

Sod charisma,

The man is a cheat, a dishonest and philandering backstabbing mysoginistic racist liar who throws anybody who gets in his way under the bus,   historically this has included his illegitamate offspring, ex wives and lovers, he was guzzling booze and gorging on take aways when honest folk were not allowed to even visit life long dying partners in hospital or care homes, how many decent honest folk didnt attend funerals to see their loved ones off whilst he was stuffing his fat slobbering face? 

I for one enjoyed watching him squirm when finally he was called to account for his deliberate lies, this specimen of old etonion upper class entitlement and his self serving cronies have degraded the united kingdom and its citizen's  position and standing in the world to that of a third world country, they have dragged the country down to their own,valueless amoral level, his and the ophidian rees mogg's despicable actions in deliberately lying to the late Queen were bordering on treason.

he should be tarred,feathered and sent  back forthwith to whence he came from and never be allowed to sully these shores again. 

Thats my two penn'orth

Im guessing your not a fan. 😄 I dont like BJ,  to me he comes across as someone who thinks that politics in general is all a bit of jolly jape

Edited by islandgun

35 minutes ago, janner said:

Sod charisma,

Thats my two penn'orth

Well said, even when people are well aware of the man’s character some are still quite happy to see him remain in politics. I’m surprised that so many are taken in by his false buffoonery and don’t see him for what he obviously is.

Just now, Gordon R said:

People do see him for what he is, but exercise their right to vote.

I can't understand why people voted for Burnham, Corbyn, Starmer, Abbott, May, Mandelson, Sturgeon etc. Hardly a brain cell between them, but it's a free country.

You forgot the Trade union puppet Rayner.

13 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I can't understand why people voted for .......

I think people vote for politicians (of all colours) for various reasons;

1. A lot vote for a 'party' because they have always voted that way - no other reason.  Applies a lot, but not exclusively to Labour.
  2. A lot vote for a party/politician on the basis of the 'promises' they make.  Labour are inclined to 'promise' things that appeal to the less well off involving 'taking money from the wealthy companies/individuals/sections of society' and 'redistributing' it to the public services/public.  The Tories are inclined to promise 'lower taxes and better management of finances' to get better value and benefit all.
  3. The thinking voter knows that both have always promised along those lines and fallen short on delivery of the promises.  What it often comes down to is 'which will be better for me'?
  4. A few vote on 'personality and charisma', possibly on local issues, and sometimes on particular stances their own candidate takes.
Edited by JohnfromUK

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

General Elections seem to have become more like American Presidential Elections, with leaders running almost a popularity poll.

I'd say there's always been a certain amount voting for the popular person,  especially with Boris,  but how does that work for the likes of Corbyn? How could it work for Starmer?

16 hours ago, Gordon R said:

People do see him for what he is, but exercise their right to vote.

I can't understand why people voted for Burnham, Corbyn, Starmer, Abbott, May, Mandelson, Sturgeon etc. Hardly a brain cell between them, but it's a free country.

People vote for the Labour Party ideology not the person. Vote for me and everything is free. We will increase your benefits, you won't have to work, we will relax the immigration laws etc

Labour politicians don't need a brain cell in their head, all they have to do is keep repeating their mantra.

Free money,, free money, free money

Why work? When you can vote Labour?

17 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I think people vote for politicians (of all colours) for various reasons;

1. A lot vote for a 'party' because they have always voted that way - no other reason.  Applies a lot, but not exclusively to Labour.
  2. A lot vote for a party/politician on the basis of the 'promises' they make.  Labour are inclined to 'promise' things that appeal to the less well off involving 'taking money from the wealthy companies/individuals/sections of society' and 'redistributing' it to the public services/public.  The Tories are inclined to promise 'lower taxes and better management of finances' to get better value and benefit all.
  3. The thinking voter knows that both have always promised along those lines and fallen short on delivery of the promises.  What it often comes down to is 'which will be better for me'?
  4. A few vote on 'personality and charisma', possibly on local issues, and sometimes on particular stances their own candidate takes.

Exactly this, which is why I believe this country needs to make a complete break from voting norms, if we want change, that will never come from voting for the same old partys. 

19 hours ago, janner said:

Sod charisma,

Thats my two penn'orth

I agree. A ess aitch one tee of the first rank.