GRAND NATIONAL.

Westley

35 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

£5 a pint! i can get 4 cans of guinness for that.

That's cheap for true 568ml pints cans co op is around £7 my way thats off the shelf tins...

why do they never put guinnes in the fridge as well its a crime against stout! 

Edited by Stephen-H

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, humperdingle said:

There are disappointments in life, and then there is pouring a 440ml Guinness Draught can in to a pint glass…

That gap at the top does nowt for my OCD 😂

Are you thinking that you've lost out by a 'short head' ?! See what I did there,,,, 😆🤣

I went to the Aintree 30 years ago - but it was on the Friday - and it was before ladies day was a thing (before anyone chirps up 😂)

We had to get a taxi because the trains were on strike. We went, had bets, had food, had lots of alcohol. When we left it was chaos (no trains) so went on a pub crawl heading towards the city. Eventually, we got a taxi, went home, got changed and went off clubbing in St Helens (Lowies for those that remember - and yes I remember it as Cindies as well 😁)

Woke up the next morning and I had more money than I originally went out  with!! So a very good day.

A couple of weeks later I met the girl I was to marry - I never had a day like that again 🤣

2 hours ago, discobob said:

I went to the Aintree 30 years ago - but it was on the Friday - and it was before ladies day was a thing (before anyone chirps up 😂)

We had to get a taxi because the trains were on strike. We went, had bets, had food, had lots of alcohol. When we left it was chaos (no trains) so went on a pub crawl heading towards the city. Eventually, we got a taxi, went home, got changed and went off clubbing in St Helens (Lowies for those that remember - and yes I remember it as Cindies as well 😁)

Woke up the next morning and I had more money than I originally went out  with!! So a very good day.

A couple of weeks later I met the girl I was to marry - I never had a day like that again 🤣

Fantastic that was some race day.

Blackpowder

I lost count of the number of times I went to Aintree in my almost 30 year career. From car and motorcycle races in the 'Circuit Club'  days, to all of the horse racing events, including the 'National ' that never was  ! On that day I got home around 1.00am, the following day. Then having to return to collect my car which had been 'locked in', later in the day.  Happy memories  !

10 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

As of 13:00 (radio news) 3 people have been arrested.

It will probably be for public order offences and end up with minimal charges whereas conspiracy would have to go to crown court. Also if they are charged with criminal charges and convicted how many of them will disclose to house / car insurance companies of the charges.

5 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

It will probably be for public order offences and end up with minimal charges whereas conspiracy would have to go to crown court. Also if they are charged with criminal charges and convicted how many of them will disclose to house / car insurance companies of the charges.

My guess is that they will be held for questioning 'pending enquiries' then released without charge after the race day is over.

I had £2 win at 10/1 = £22 (1st)

£1 each way at 10/1 = £11 (6 th with 1/5 odds)

£1 each way fell.

So for £5 bet had £33 returns.

Picked winner as jockey surname was fox and other as my mother in law was born in Newquay.

Put on about 1 hour before start 

2 hours ago, humperdingle said:

Yes, but didn’t have much on it (Used accumulated money from free spins) had a fiver each way on it at 7/1

👍

24 minutes ago, millrace said:

Had 1st 3rd and 5th £1ew......or rather daughter had 1st son 3rd mine 5th, so on my only gamble all year i still lost money.....😂😂

Ok , well maybe next year 🤔😁

51 minutes ago, 30-6 said:

I had £2 win at 10/1 = £22 (1st)

£1 each way at 10/1 = £11 (6 th with 1/5 odds)

£1 each way fell.

So for £5 bet had £33 returns.

Picked winner as jockey surname was fox and other as my mother in law was born in Newquay.

Put on about 1 hour before start 

Well done, 👍

On 13/04/2023 at 12:29, discobob said:

You Sir, are responsible for my drooling....

That would be £25 round here and still wouldn't have as much and we are in North Wales...

@sportsbob

just been for a meal. 9oz Rump -£24.95

Roast beef Sunday dinner -£18.95 and the beef came out of a packet ☹️ little bit of mixed veg, half a (cold) carrot 4 small roasters and a big Yorkshire pudding

On 16/04/2023 at 19:31, discobob said:

@sportsbob

just been for a meal. 9oz Rump -£24.95

Roast beef Sunday dinner -£18.95 and the beef came out of a packet ☹️ little bit of mixed veg, half a (cold) carrot 4 small roasters and a big Yorkshire pudding

#Discobob

The Sexeys Arms , Blackford near Wedmore Somerset.

Sunday Roast 5 slices of freshly roasted topside £12.95 

image.jpeg.20476061eb12ae552d28bcbcaca7d9dc.jpeg

Chicken breast with Bacon and Stilton £12.95

image.jpeg.d3b93df55920c417fbcb50d3577a7d11.jpeg

Lamb Chops £13.95

image.jpeg.cd2129dd5f0278b798345ece0841643e.jpeg

Drool away : )

Edited by sportsbob

1 hour ago, sportsbob said:

#Discobob

The Sexeys Arms , Blackford near Wedmore Somerset.

Sunday Roast 5 slices of freshly roasted topside £12.95 

image.jpeg.20476061eb12ae552d28bcbcaca7d9dc.jpeg

Chicken breast with Bacon and Stilton £12.95

image.jpeg.d3b93df55920c417fbcb50d3577a7d11.jpeg

Lamb Chops £13.95

image.jpeg.cd2129dd5f0278b798345ece0841643e.jpeg

Drool away : )

Proper jobs?

A few so called carvery meals have boil in the bag meat.

Edited by old man