Ireland's Cattle cull proposals in the name of Nett Zero

Weihrauch17

Ireland as a island produces way way more milk than it actually uses with the majority turned to powder and exported.....this is just a continuation of idiot politicians like the 1 last week who declared that ppl would have to stop buying electric "suv,s" and stick with smaller cars all in the name of nett zero... 

Our governments are slowly doing what Germany failed to do without a shot being fired!!

Edited by millrace

https://www.irishtimes.com/environment/climate-crisis/2023/06/02/irelands-climate-measures-will-take-time-to-bear-fruit-tanaiste-says-in-wake-of-negative-epa-projections/

I noted that this article below the original link, uses the same argument used by climate protesters, that results will be slow to arrive, probably never. According to the nutcases, we passed the tipping point some years ago and therefore any action is pointless. They thrive on scaremongering and prophecies of impending doom. 

I honestly don't know who are the bigger idiots - the woke brigade, Stop Oil, the Greens et al. So many to chose from.

8 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And just where will their milk come from?

UK with a bit of look

When will they admit that as long as China, India, S Africa etc take no notice whatsoever, any minute change we in the UK make is urinating in the wind.

On 02/06/2023 at 19:18, Scully said:

Where is the opposition? Where are all the voices stating this is bull poop and nothing more than a political agenda? 
Where? 

Not sure any opposition to the continuing lunacy, they are all interfered with by back door lobbyists offering the same  invisible inducements?

21 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I see that with the humble pea, 🤔🙄

Hello, how will loosing all dairy cows help the climate , 🤔🤔

It’s an agenda to tell the masses that agriculture is bad and sadly people will believe it

39 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I see that with the humble pea, 🤔🙄

Hello, how will loosing all dairy cows help the climate , 🤔🤔

It won't  , look at the thousands  of years. Massive heards of. Animals. Have roamed. AFRICA  and other countries . Do they want to get rid of them to . 

I can understand a farmer giving  up a dairy herd. Re the low price they get for milk. From the supermarkets. 

I honesty belive these  people hate. Mankind  to be honest. , nature is far bigger than us , and has a way of sorting out problems. 

The planet survived  quite well before man set foot on it , and will still do when we are all no longer here .

If the UK and Ireland went net zero tomorrow (for example wiping us all out in one go, animals included) it wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference to climate change because of all the larger countries like Russia, China, America etc are the biggest polluters anyway. And they aren’t bothered. So we are better off enjoying ourselves before the others spoil it for us! 

5 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

If the UK and Ireland went net zero tomorrow (for example wiping us all out in one go, animals included) it wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference to climate change because of all the larger countries like Russia, China, America etc are the biggest polluters anyway. And they aren’t bothered. So we are better off enjoying ourselves before the others spoil it for us! 

Agreed but that doesn't fit with the lunatic agenda driven from behind the scenes that politicos either aren't intelligent enough to see or the inducements are too great to be ignored?

The UK has signed a legally binding obligation to be net zero by a certain year. It isn’t a suggestion or a proposal, but a legally binding obligation. 
What this means is that it will import whatever it needs to meet this obligation ( energy, food, vehicles etc etc ) rather than produce it.
This of course has the knock on effect of increasing the carbon footprint of those supplying us ( and making no difference whatsoever to a reduction of such overall on a global scale ) but that matters not to the UK government as long as that obligation is met. 
Smoke and mirrors. 🙂

On 02/06/2023 at 18:24, Gordon R said:

https://www.irishtimes.com/environment/climate-crisis/2023/06/02/irelands-climate-measures-will-take-time-to-bear-fruit-tanaiste-says-in-wake-of-negative-epa-projections/

I noted that this article below the original link, uses the same argument used by climate protesters, that results will be slow to arrive, probably never. According to the nutcases, we passed the tipping point some years ago and therefore any action is pointless. They thrive on scaremongering and prophecies of impending doom. 

I honestly don't know who are the bigger idiots - the woke brigade, Stop Oil, the Greens et al. So many to chose from.

Or the general populace for not standing up. Going to need the likes of a General Strike, but that is unlikely to happen as anyone below the age of 40 has already been indoctrinated.

On 02/06/2023 at 19:18, Scully said:

Where is the opposition? Where are all the voices stating this is bull poop and nothing more than a political agenda? 
Where? 

Exactly.

The great (?) and the good (?) are in in this together; they don't all meet up at Davos for nothing. Look at the powers the WHO are to be given.

The general populace needs to stand, as those that govern will not.

22 hours ago, johnphilip said:

It won't  , look at the thousands  of years. Massive heards of. Animals. Have roamed. AFRICA  and other countries . Do they want to get rid of them to . 

I can understand a farmer giving  up a dairy herd. Re the low price they get for milk. From the supermarkets. 

I honesty belive these  people hate. Mankind  to be honest. , nature is far bigger than us , and has a way of sorting out problems. 

The planet survived  quite well before man set foot on it , and will still do when we are all no longer here .

They don't hate mankind, it's one of the many moves to get absolute total control over every aspect of our lives; where we can go and how, what we eat, the words we can (must) use, etc, etc.............

18 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

It's all bogus, nothing but the Great Con!