Glasto' Elton rant

ditchman

why oh why do these old stuffed pop stars put themselves out there when their voices are totally gone due to overweight and age.........Elton is croaking his way thro' old numbers and sounds like an old sick cockrell......ready for the chop for ferret food

such a shame and pitiful.........and thats what he will be remembered for...not for what he was..........stupid ole bottom gasser

13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

why oh why do these old stuffed pop stars put themselves out there when their voices are totally gone due to overweight and age.........Elton is croaking his way thro' old numbers and sounds like an old sick cockrell......ready for the chop for ferret food

such a shame and pitiful.........and thats what he will be remembered for...not for what he was..........stupid ole bottom gasser

Give him a chance, he's still warming up 😁😂 Saying that,,,, I think there was a problem with Axel Rose's microphone last night 🙈🤭😂

I’m watching it now, think he sounds amazing. And the band probably have a combined age of about 600, still going strong. 
We went to see him up at Aberdeen last week and he can still fill a stadium and put on a show. 
Judging by how many have turned out to see his last tour I think he’s still very popular, and if you don’t think so, well, nobody is forcing you to watch are they 😉.

1 hour ago, JKD said:

Give him a chance, he's still warming up 😁😂 Saying that,,,, I think there was a problem with Axel Rose's microphone last night 🙈🤭😂

I watched a bit of Elton, I thought his voice was ok 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have to agree about Axels mic.

But was impressed by their performance 

Foo Fighters were outstanding 

:shaun:

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

Looking at the crowds reaction and having watched it myself you’re in the minority…… certainly not pitiful.

31 minutes ago, holloway said:

Looking at the crowds reaction and having watched it myself you’re in the minority…… certainly not pitiful.

last time i saw elton was in the late 70's..........mind blowing......what energy ....hitting all the right notes.....then i saw him this eve at Glasto'............oh dear oh dear oh dear...

2 hours ago, owain said:

I’m watching it now, think he sounds amazing. And the band probably have a combined age of about 600, still going strong. 
We went to see him up at Aberdeen last week and he can still fill a stadium and put on a show. 
Judging by how many have turned out to see his last tour I think he’s still very popular, and if you don’t think so, well, nobody is forcing you to watch are they 😉.

have a couple of beers...get your yellow brick road vynl LP out.............put yer head phones on lay down on the sofa......then tell me just how good he was at Glasto'

7 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

Yup, Elton just needed a while for his vocals to settle 🙂

G n R's stint was great, Slash was epic ! ,,,, had the volume turned up a tad for most of it 😆😁 Axel's vocals were a bit weak TBH, but hey,,,, 10/10 for effort 😄😇

Missed the Foos so will watch them on iPlayer 👍

Edited by JKD

Well I watched Old Elton, he was good but not great! All of his "guests" were lousy enough to make him look better.

Guns and Roses were quite good, would have been far better without Axel!

Manic Street Preachers were good to see and so were leftfield.

But the best act of the whole festival was Fat Boy Slim, absolutely nailed it!

Perhaps the BBC can be blamed for not getting the sound coverage right?

As much as I like Elton, I can’t help thinking it’s past time he called it a day, if I’m honest.
He’s doing an amazing job for a 76 year old performer, but there were more key changes than a Yale factory, and his voice just doesn’t have it anymore. 
The Gabriel’s however, are well worth the effort and worthy of their own slot. 

43 minutes ago, Scully said:

As much as I like Elton, I can’t help thinking it’s past time he called it a day, if I’m honest.
He’s doing an amazing job for a 76 year old performer, but there were more key changes than a Yale factory, and his voice just doesn’t have it anymore. 
The Gabriel’s however, are well worth the effort and worthy of their own slot. 

I think he has at the end of this tour .

I went to see Genesis in 2021, I wasn’t disappointed, infact I was glad to have been able to see them for the final tour. Phil’s voice is toast, but he does his best. Would have loved to have seen them 20-30 years ago! 

never really been a fan of Elton’s music, but i don’t dislike it. Made in England probably one of my favourites. 

When he first entered the stage his song , I'm Still Standing was just about right as he certaintly had some mobility problems but at 76 that is only to be expected , he have had a very long spell going around the globe performing in front on millions but the time have come where he hobble down that Yellow Brick Road and enjoy his retirement .    MM

10 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

:shaun:

I thought Elton was good

Debbie Harry / Blondie. Now that really was just plain embarrassing to watch 

Interestingly I thought Foo Fighters was mediocre at best

I thought he was quite good actually. Well past his prime but still able to knock it out at 76 is admirable. I have to agree that his guests had been selected as not to out do him. We didn’t weren’t intending to watch but we’re flicking through the channels before watching a film but decided to stay till the end, that’s how much we rated the performance 

Edited by yates

the Kiki-Dee replacement was very strange............who the hell is she.....is she a singer ?

if i paid £300 plus for a Glasto ticket i would have felt very short changed.....for £300 quid i want quality not dodgy acheology

Glastonbury isn't my thing, but it certainly looked like everyone there was enjoying it.

A women in work was absolutely raving about Elton last week, I don't know where they had been watching him, but said he was still great despite his age.

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Perhaps the BBC can be blamed for not getting the sound coverage right?

I don't think they ever get it right with live music like this.

Elton's voice has gone the same way as Rod Stewart's. A pale shadow of what it was. They need to look after their voice a bit better.

Saw Jerome Anthony Gourdine a few years ago in York, when he was the same age as Elton. He was note perfect, but had a better voice to start with..

if he was doing a tribute act in a pub on the great yarmouth market place on a saturday morning...he would have beer thrown at him and be shouted off stage.......

im not anti elton..he was the music of my youff...and evokes special memories for me...........those memories have all turned to **** now.....

i think that is the worst Glastonbury i have ever witnessed...............even Lizzo wasnt firing on all cylinders...( and she usually is fantastic).........

what i will say (whilst im upsetting everybody having a moan)......

.....is.....Glastonbury is suppossed to be the home of the generations of ecological do gooders...planet savers.....stop oil actervists...rainbow warriors etc...........yet what they left behind was 100% hipocritical and totally disgusting.........the mess was/is totally indescriberble.....the rubbish ...filth...litter....****............total disrespect to the environment

what a bunch of hypocritical cretins...........they are the ones bitching and moaning about not affording to heat their homes and spend their lives sponging out of food banks....

yet they can afford to travel to Glasto'....pay £10 quid for a burger £12 quid for a pint £300 for a ticket...leave the place like a sewer and travel home ......

disgusting

18 hours ago, ditchman said:

I'm with you ditchy, I had the misfortune to see 39 seconds if it, awefully tuneless but the luvvies were orgasmic over it seemingly?