Lewis Hamilton and Just Stop Oil

Weihrauch17

just another silly brainless dork who uses his sport prowess (ex prowess)...to further his political views..........Lewis ...shut yer gob ..if you had a brain you would be dangerous....and stick to driving an F1  car............ 

The thing is that when you have a financially secure future you can wear and signal your virtuousness ( and hypocrisy ) for all the world to see. 
When you’re an average working bloke or a single mother just trying to make ends meet, you tend to live in the real world where practicalities matter. 
Hypocrites such as Hamilton, Lineker and many others can simply buy themselves out of most predicaments by throwing money at problems until they go away. 
I wonder how much oil Elton’s tour has used on his goodbye tour; no doubt he’ll be chastising others for flying ( economy class ) all over the world some time soon. 

Edited by Scully

He needs to wind his neck in, never liked the bloke. First class “I’m considerably richer than you” kind of attitude. And those just stop oil protestors need dumping in the sea. Far out. 

Did someone mention Nicole shirtslinger? Mmmmmm. Yes please. 

1 hour ago, discobob said:

Actually, I do support part of what he says - around the peaceful protest, not his onward protestations about how green he is - We all need to be very afraid of them removing our right to protest...

But should your protest affect other people just trying to get to work?

I'd say no it shouldn't. 

14 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I'd say no it shouldn't. 

I agree - and nor should it cause criminal damage, or damage to other peoples (and that includes publicly owned) property/assets.  I'm thinking there of the examples of pouring orange paint in Farlows and other London premises, and in publicly owned areas such as fountains and memorials.

28 minutes ago, Mice! said:

But should your protest affect other people just trying to get to work?

I'd say no it shouldn't. 

10 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I agree - and nor should it cause criminal damage, or damage to other peoples (and that includes publicly owned) property/assets.  I'm thinking there of the examples of pouring orange paint in Farlows and other London premises, and in publicly owned areas such as fountains and memorials.

I was on about him saying a peaceful protest - without interfering with anything or anyone. If that right is removed your deity help you...

Just now, discobob said:

I was on about him saying a peaceful protest - without interfering with anything or anyone. If that right is removed your deity help you...

And I have participated in peaceful protests myself (the anti hunting bill as many of us did) and would do so again for the right cause.  I'm just against disrupting other innocent peoples lives and damaging property.

I wonder if the protesters would be happy if members of the public came to their home and threw paint over their doors or cars? When they get arrested, they insist on making pathetic little speeches to the Police. They are halfwits.

This is an example of just how bright they are or NOT:-

Just Stop Oil activist HUMILIATED on live TV after asking to use Google in heated debate | Daily Mail Online

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

I wonder if the protesters would be happy if members of the public came to their home and threw paint over their doors or cars? When they get arrested, they insist on making pathetic little speeches to the Police. They are halfwits.

This is an example of just how bright they are or NOT:-

Just Stop Oil activist HUMILIATED on live TV after asking to use Google in heated debate | Daily Mail Online

Watched that this morning, funny as f.........

Lovely watching Bev Turner cracking up, well, to be fair, it's lovely watching Bev Turner.....