Upgrading from AA S410 Carbine

Doc Holliday

Hi all,

I've been considering upgrading my AA S410 Carbine just recently. I don't have any issue with it, per se, except that the magazine doesn't always rotate. This can be annoying, especially if you want/need to reload quickly. I have tried new spring arms and magazines. Works ok for a short time then back to not always rotating the mag.

I had a chat with a guy in my local shop who suggested either the FX Dreamline Classic (not sure if they do a Carbine version) or the Weihrauch HW110K. The FX weighs the same as my AA (2.8kg) but it doesn't come with a moderator so would be wondering if this would affect the accuracy?

The Weihrauch HW110K (classic or Carbine) weight isn't stated but I'm guessing the carbine will be lighter. I have to be honest, I didn't like the feel of the Weihrauch in my hand of with my cheek on the comb.

The guy in the shop said although the FX is better built, the Weihrauch would win overall against the AA & FX. 

Thoughts?

As clangerman says AA have an updated indexing arm, around £14 from memory. Neither of the guns you suggest are any better than the 410 with the carbine 410 most likely the best Air Rifle ever made IMHO. Your dealer will recomend any gun that makes him profit. Assuming that you mentioned why you were considering buying another gun, I find it "odd" that your dealer failed to mention the newer indexing arm?

Edited by bruno22rf

I will have a look at the new indexing arm and the 3 D mags, thank you. Other than that, as everyone acknowledges, it is an excellent air rifle. The guy in the gun shop is just doing what he is paid to do and sell guns, but ut is a bit odd he didn't ask why I was wanting to upgrade. 

On 22/07/2023 at 06:37, Doc Holliday said:

but ut is a bit odd he didn't ask why I was wanting to upgrade. 

People often just change guns, he's not going to try and put you off buying something shiny.

Did you tell him you had issues with the mag not working,

I looked at a FX dreamline classic in Pickering Airguns last year. When i told the salesman i had an AAs400 he laughed and said the FX wont do anything better than the AA. Stick with what you have. Fair play to him for being honest and a thumbs up for Pickering guns.

On 27/07/2023 at 09:49, 222mark said:

I looked at a FX dreamline classic in Pickering Airguns last year. When i told the salesman i had an AAs400 he laughed and said the FX wont do anything better than the AA. Stick with what you have. Fair play to him for being honest and a thumbs up for Pickering guns.

He should be shot and stuffed as he's a rarity, respect to Pickering Guns for wisdom and honesty.

• 2 weeks later...

is the hw better than the little aa yes.i have had 12 different variations of the aa 400 series including the mpr and yes the hw is better than all of them unless you like a lighter rifle.to get an aas400 to the same level as the hw you do need to put a reg in it.quick question what is the shot count on your s400 as my hw which is not any better does 96 in .177 from a carbine.also to get my s400 to fit right i had to put a ginb stock on it.so base s400 price plus reg plus stock ammounts to how much compared to a new hw100.must admit when i had my s400 upgraded i did shoot lsr and was 12th in the country at the time so i do know a little bit about what i am talking about.

5 hours ago, dessyb said:

only 12 th must try harder 🎺next time

30 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Perhaps they should have used the HW 

A long way lower than that if lots on here had shot in the same comp 🤭😇🤣

Edited by JKD

I own and shoot a Steyr LG110, Steyr LG100 and an ISP airstream I have just had made, for HFT competitions, and in the past have owned  Rapids, HW110, Daystates and BSA PCPs, but my go to favourite that I have always kept for rabbiting, is my Air arms carbine 410 with a custom stock CS800 fitted. 

The HW is a good gun but leaked for the fun of it, and is also the most awkward gun that I have worked on, the Daystates, even in non electronic versions (ranger)were unreliable, the only other magazine gun I would have again is the Rapid. Everything else is bling , including the FX guns.

Keep the AA410 .

Edited by DEAN C.