How often to service oil boiler?

sandspider

Hi folks

I'm having trouble getting anyone to service my oil boiler. It's fairly new and in good nick and it was serviced last year - does it matter if I leave it for 2 years rather than every year? Did a bit of Googling, but all the answers were by people that service oil boilers, and all the answers were therefore yes!

Thanks

12 minutes ago, sandspider said:

Hi folks

I'm having trouble getting anyone to service my oil boiler. It's fairly new and in good nick and it was serviced last year - does it matter if I leave it for 2 years rather than every year? Did a bit of Googling, but all the answers were by people that service oil boilers, and all the answers were therefore yes!

Thanks

Depends how much warranty you have left. If over a year then you need to get it serviced to matain the warranty.

Modern systems often have a magnetic filter for the circulated water.  Mine has, and every year a 'fair amount' of black mud/sludge collects in it.  These are easy enough to DIY cleaning videos on line, e.g. for a Magnaclean below, but Google for your type if you have one fitted

On 07/09/2023 at 13:51, sandspider said:

Hi folks

Thanks

Don't worry about it our Totalitarian Govt will be coming for it soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/09/2023 at 13:51, sandspider said:

Hi folks

Thanks

If it’s fairly new it may come with a 5-10 year warranty depending on brand etc. 

Check the conditions of that warranty / guarantee as it may be void if not services at set intervals.