Annoyance

steve_b_wales

31 minutes ago, Poor Shot said:

If I paid X amount for a sky package and then had to sit through 15 minutes plus of adverts every hour I'd be super ****** off.

As it goes I use streaming subscription services and YouTube only. As soon as one of them so much as shows a glimmer of an advert then they will be cancelled.

When one sky channel takes a advert break it seems they all do at the same time 

21 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Maybe some of you are spending far to long clued to the box and looking for things to moan about instead of spending more time during what you do enjoy in life , no doubt a lot of you who are moaning about t v adverts are getting near , or over the allocated time slot and when my time is up I certainly don't want to watching something that you get annoyed with , mind you the Coronation St my wife is watching now is full of gloom and dome so I am now going to make a cuppa and get a shooting book in case the good lord tell me , that's it John , you have had enough borrowed time  :lol:

Its the last week of big brother and the boss is glued to it  i just pop a dvd in my lap top , but i read in my bed often till 2am but them its nice and warm 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gawd.............i have just read this thread ..............and it is sooooo funny :lol:..........most of it is taken up with.

1. f artin g yourself to death
  2. peeing your pants 
  3. bad breath
  4. electric teeth
  5. dubbed adverts

is this the end of the world....as we know it ???

i must admit i have started some strange threads....but this one takes the biscuit............

Edited by ditchman

9 minutes ago, ditchman said:

My gawd.............i have just read this thread ..............and it is sooooo funny :lol:..........most of it is taken up with.

1. f artin g yourself to death
  2. peeing your pants 
  3. bad breath
  4. electric teeth
  5. dubbed adverts

is this the end of the world....as we know it ???

i must admit i have started some strange threads....but this one takes the biscuit............

Makes good reading though! :)

4 hours ago, JKD said:

Have you not seen that ad with everyone in their skidmarked pants jigging around ?! I'm not even sure what is being advertised, as I look away in horror immediately it comes on 😆🤣 The 'pee pants' one is annoying, I'd agree 👍 Oh,,,, and all Xmas ads annoy me totally !!!! BAAAHHHHH 😂🤣

It is an advert for a CH4 programme about the oil industry

22 hours ago, Scully said:

In no particular order: Racists, homophobes, bullies, misogyny , people on phones while driving, drink drivers, cyclists, liars, hypocrites, impoliteness to working staff, wokeism, virtue signallers, politicians, coppers, those who interfere in the lives of others, inconsiderate parking, needless bureaucracy, freemasonry, religion, personalised plates ( they don’t annoy me actually , I just don’t get it 😄) farmers who don’t clean up the mess they leave on the roads, football and ( most ) of its fans, and supermarkets which pretend to care. This is not an exhaustive list by any means, but I’m pretty sure the list of things which bring me joy is much longer than the list of things which annoy me. 

This plus a few more.

I have detailed files of what annoys me. Here are a few:

Policemen with hats too big so they are pressing on top of their ears.

PCSOs regardless of hat size.

People who say "pacifically" "expresso" or "secetary".

"Easy open" plastic packs.

Foil pill strips where the foil is so thick, by the time you get the pill out it is crumbs and dust.

Drivers who don't say thanks when you let them out of a side road.

People who don't say thanks when you hold a door open for them.

People who don't say please or thank you in general.

People who talk on their mobile with it flat in their hand on loudspeaker.

I could go on.... :lol:

2 minutes ago, walshie said:

I have detailed files of what annoys me. Here are a few:

Policemen with hats too big so they are pressing on top of their ears.

PCSOs regardless of hat size.

People who say "pacifically" "expresso" or "secetary".

"Easy open" plastic packs.

Foil pill strips where the foil is so thick, by the time you get the pill out it is crumbs and dust.

Drivers who don't say thanks when you let them out of a side road.

People who don't say thanks when you hold a door open for them.

People who talk on their mobile with it flat in their hand on loudspeaker.

I could go on.... :lol:

A man after my own heart….those who say ect rather than etc 😀, drivers who park on the wrong side of the road at night with their headlights on, people who block empty parking spaces ( what’s that all about? ) while waiting for someone cos they can’t be bothered to park up! 

Clients who know I’ve been coming to do work for them for months but who still haven’t decided what colour they want and I’ve done all the prep’ work and am ready to paint! ! 🤬🤬 😭

10 minutes ago, Scully said:

A man after my own heart….those who say ect rather than etc 😀, drivers who park on the wrong side of the road at night with their headlights on, people who block empty parking spaces ( what’s that all about? ) while waiting for someone cos they can’t be bothered to park up! 

Clients who know I’ve been coming to do work for them for months but who still haven’t decided what colour they want and I’ve done all the prep’ work and am ready to paint! ! 🤬🤬 😭

👍 People who wait till they are at the front of the checkout queue in the supermarket, all their stuff has been scanned and THEN they rummage through their bag for their purse or wallet. 

16 hours ago, JKD said:

Please do 🙏😁😂

If you insist..... 😃

People using the wrong sayings including, but not limited to, "All intensive purposes" "One foul swoop" "Driving with undue car and attention" and "Damp squid."

People who say "uh,-huh, uh-huh" while you're talking.

People constantly checking their phone while talking to you.

People ordering food who say "Can I get a..." or waiting till they get to the front of the queue before deciding what they want.

People in Starbucks/Costa who when asked their name say "Martyn with a Y" or "Klare with a K". Who cares how it's spelt?

Cyclists riding 4 abreast at 10mph.

Sniffing instead of blowing your nose/ People who hock up phlegm then swallow it.

People who stand too close to you so their face is nearly in yours.

People who are always late.

More to follow....

I am not that old.and a lot of things annoy me.I think that people recording everything in their life and looking for commendation as to what a great life they have on social media is very high up there. I have a sister in law who I think puts up a post on Instagram or Facebook about everything she or her children do.  I don't need to know everytime you knocked up a cake, got an icecream or went for a walk. Lots of folk do the same everyday and don't feel the need to publicise it then get grumpy when they don't get enough 'likes'.

Not a fan of tattoos but they don't annoy me, I just wouldn't get one. Do get annoyed by jet skis when I am fishing. Can't comprehend the mind numbing boredom of driving round and round a relatively flat calm lough, then driving right up beside folk fishing just to annoy them and get a reaction. I could possibly let this one slide if it was in the sea and there were huge waves to jump bur not in freshwater.

The person walking down the footpath taking to someone on loud speaker on their phone irritates me too but it seems I am not alone in that one.

18 hours ago, walshie said:

That's one of mine.  You need a blood pressure pill after wrestling with the packs they come in

18 hours ago, walshie said:

Oh please! - but Thank You anyway.

1 hour ago, walshie said:

People who are always late.

Another of mine.

People picking their nose while driving [well, at any time really 😬] with finger up to the first knuckle,,,, and then eating the item removed 🤢🤮

People changing lanes on dual carriageways without indicating, and swerving over, not just gliding over 🤬

Tesla drivers !!!

Volvo drivers !!!

Dutch drivers !!!!!!!

😤😖🤣

People who are late is a major major major annoyance. It is extremely bad manners and rude in my opinion. It is as though your time isn’t as important as there’s, so you can wait. 
My ex was late for everything, and I mean everything, and as a result often made me late also. She always left everything to the last minute.
We missed a trip in Venice once, which we’d paid for, because of her tardiness, and it got to the stage eventually where I would leave the house to meet friends or whatever, for the arranged time and she would get there whenever. 
She was even late for my Mothers funeral. I had left to be there early for obvious reasons, and she had to sit at the back of the church because the service was halfway through. 
To be fair she had got the time of the service wrong, but it was typical of her. She can be late for anything she wants now! 
Another thing is people who choose a meal in a restaurant but then go through it with the waitress, asking if they can swap this for that, and basically deconstructing the meal until it resembles nothing on the menu. 
My ex does this also, to the extent our kids tell her and her sisters that if they do this, or complain needlessly ( another thing they’re all fond of ) they will get up and walk out. 
People who walk around or sit in the pub with one of those ear thingies in their ear like they’re on call for MI6! 😂

Drivers who park two wheels on the pavement in the belief traffic can get by simultaneously ( it can’t ) but as a result pedestrians, especially the old and mothers with prams, can’t get by along the pavement and have to take to the road! 🤷‍♂️ Thick or what!