'Good'(????) old Royal Mail.

steve_b_wales

Yestereday, I posted a bottle of Fox Lure to a member on here, who paid extra to have it delivered by 1st class signed for, instead of the usual 2nd class signed for. I went one better and paid the difference (total £12:15) to have it delivered today (guaranteed before one 1pm) but when checking the tracking number, a message stated, 'Sorry, it was sent to to our Home Counties North MC in Hemel Hempstead (instead of Suffolk) by mistake'! So, sadly, it won't be delivered today, but now on the (hopefully)next working day. I am filing a complaint for compensation (for us both) to Royal Mail as soon as the package arrives! :mad:

Edited by steve_b_wales

1 minute ago, steve_b_wales said:

Yestereday, I posted a bottle of Fox Lure to a member on here, who paid extra to have it delivered by 1st class signed for, instead of the usual 2nd class signed for. I went one better and paid the difference (total £12:15) to have it delivered today (guaranteed before one 1pm) but when checking the tracking number, a message stated, 'Sorry, it was sent to to our Home Counties North MC in Suffolk by mistake'! So, sadly, it won't be delivered today, but now on the (hopefully)next working day. I am filing a complaint for compensation (for us both) to Royal Mail as soon as the package arrives

that'll be after Xmas then. :)

There is no rhyme nor reason for the PO performance. 

Yesterday whilst getting something from the back seat of the car I found 1 from a batch of cards I posted, 2nd class, 10 days ago ( it had slipped off a pile into the footwell) so being in the village I popped in in the post box.   This morning I got a response from the recipient in Shropshire, yet 2 1st class letters I posted 14 days ago to Sheffield (15 miles away)  are still in transit.   Go figure??

1 hour ago, steve_b_wales said:

Yestereday, I posted a bottle of Fox Lure to a member on here, who paid extra to have it delivered by 1st class signed for, instead of the usual 2nd class signed for. I went one better and paid the difference (total £12:15) to have it delivered today (guaranteed before one 1pm) but when checking the tracking number, a message stated, 'Sorry, it was sent to to our Home Counties North MC in Suffolk by mistake'! So, sadly, it won't be delivered today, but now on the (hopefully)next working day. I am filing a complaint for compensation (for us both) to Royal Mail as soon as the package arrives! 

Could prove interesting if the top came loose, that might speed delivery? 😆

I bought some books got a tracking number and all that came up when i checked it was , When we attempt to delivery your parcel this will change ,it was still like that 10 days later , After i contacted the seller  he said they wanted £18 postage i paid a tenner wait a couple of days , After 2 weeks they turned up they must of been sitting in a warehouse for 10 days 

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Ineptitude of the highest calibre from the good old Post Office.   

What did the post office do wrong?

Surely the service providor is as fault…. That is if the post office did actually do their bit and let Royal Mail into the post office to collect the item.  

Edited by Red696

Royal Mail used to be a first class service, unfortunately since they ditched there bikes for vans to deliver more parcels it’s down hill all the way, if our regular postie is off we rarely get mail until he comes back, this week I have only had mail once and contracts from my solicitor have not arrived , complaining falls on deaf ears who couldn’t give a #hit.

2 hours ago, Red696 said:

What did the post office do wrong?

Surely the service providor is as fault…. That is if the post office did actually do their bit and let Royal Mail into the post office to collect the item.  

It was posted at a post office. I've use the service many times, usually 2nd class/signed for, and on the whole, they've been okay. 

Edited by steve_b_wales

9 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

It was posted at a post office. I've use the service many times, usually 2nd class/signed for, and on the whole, they've been okay. 

I understand that, although my post wasn’t aimed at your opening post, but what has the Post Office got to do with the failure to deliver.  The PO just re-sell a service and provide the public with a drop off point, yet TightChoke and many others blame the PO for the failures of RM.

RM is donald ducked in almost every area of operation, but the vast majority of door step delivery staff do a good job in difficult circustances.

1 hour ago, Red696 said:

I understand that, although my post wasn’t aimed at your opening post, but what has the Post Office got to do with the failure to deliver.  The PO just re-sell a service and provide the public with a drop off point, yet TightChoke and many others blame the PO for the failures of RM.

RM is donald ducked in almost every area of operation, but the vast majority of door step delivery staff do a good job in difficult circustances.

The blame is fully on Royal Mail. To be honest, I post many items using Royal Mail and, to date, this is only the second time there's been a problem, the first being a lost parcel which was never found/delivered to the recipient.

7 hours ago, Dave-G said:

And when it gets to the valuation stage, they only pay what it cost you: so if a piece of wood was 10 pence and you spent ten hours shaping it the compensation is 10 pence.

Actually, if the value of the goods sent cannot be proved, then the postage charge is refunded. For the bottle of fox lure that I sent 'guaranteed next day before 1pm' but was delivered a day late, I will receive a postage refund (£12:15p) 

Edited by steve_b_wales

is what it is, id not worry yourself about it especially if it arrived before you've even had a chance to complain

its annoying but its not the end of the world.... its fox stink and it was only a day late.  The reality is, a mysterious bottle of liquid was posted, at the bussiest time of year and unfortunately it went walk about. arrived a bit late.  if its the postage cost  is it really worth your time jumping through the hoops for what? £10?, if its principle it was a mistake and mistakes happen. i doubt giving someone whos working over xmas a hard time if gona fix anything. try and enjoy the holidays. 

p.s ive heard good stuff about this lure i might have to order some myself,  no doubt karma will get mine lost in the mail and i cant really come forward and say anything about it now :D