2024-25 Council Tax.

TOPGUN749

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, scolopax said:

It’s a joke, we as individuals use the council services, whether we earn £15000 or £150000 we all use those services more or less to a equal extent (it could be argued the rich us them less), and we as individuals should pay equally, cannot conceivably see how it should be linked to the value of a property or to property at all.   Some thing based on the electoral roll would be much fairer, it could be called a Poll Tax or something similar

Completely agree, didn't turn out well the last time they tried it though!

2 hours ago, scolopax said:

It’s a joke, we as individuals use the council services, whether we earn £15000 or £150000 we all use those services more or less to a equal extent (it could be argued the rich us them less), and we as individuals should pay equally, cannot conceivably see how it should be linked to the value of a property or to property at all.   Some thing based on the electoral roll would be much fairer, it could be called a Poll Tax or something similar

Well it has to based upon and worked out from somewhere.

And property value is a good start.

I do not agree that we should all pay equally, next you'll be pontificating that we ALL pay the same amount of tax on our earnings..............:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well it has to based upon and worked out from somewhere.

And property value is a good start.

I do not agree that we should all pay equally, next you'll be pontificating that we ALL pay the same amount of tax on our earnings..............

All pay the same % tax on our earnings, certainly.   

4 hours ago, marsh man said:

I must add that me and Simon ( ditchman ) are both widowed and get a 25% discount on the council tax , before my discount it would have been £1710.69 , which would be very close to your's if you were not getting any discount , although you are virtually right with the value of the two houses in comparison  .   MM

yup ...i have a single person credit which is £469.00

On 15/03/2024 at 15:24, discobob said:

£3k here - 9% increase with 5% increase for police and town

when we moved here 20 years ago it was cheaper than Cheshire - the next county/country over but the way it has increased over the past several years is a joke

Apparently the increase in Assembly Members by over 50% will have another big impact on council tax when it happens ☹️

It does appear that those of you in the People's Republic of Drakestan have been clobbered more than most.

52 minutes ago, countryman said:

Where are we supposed to keep getting all this money, I wonder what the numbers are on people who just can not pay anymore and are not on benefits.

But we are the magic money tree!!

feel sorry for leaseholders- they have double whammy of unscrupulous people/organisations who dip their hands freely into their pockets

4 hours ago, countryman said:

Where are we supposed to keep getting all this money, I wonder what the numbers are on people who just can not pay anymore and are not on benefits.

Not really hit the fan yet maybe?

It amazes how many still vote for extra local layers of garbage?

Yep. I pay Over £3,800 to have my bins emptied.

Nearly £4k a year for what exactly? To pay some useless ****** pension I guess, probably the guy that draws white lines around all the bomb holes in the road once a month. Should spend less on paint and more on tarmac.

11 hours ago, armsid said:

Mine includes £120.00 a yr for social care which i don,t mind paying but this should be paid by all as we may need care ourselves one day 

they'll still take your house if YOU need care in the future where the ones that have dossed their lives away pay now't