looking for help with the (police)

richy new shooter

Hi,

to cut a long story short,

around a month ago my house was raided by police for stolen power tools. the reason for this ive not long moved into my new house and have been carrying in all my sthil saws, hedge cutters etc, and a local gardening center was burgled round about the time we moved in.

Anyway they checked the number on a sthil saw and it was showing as stolen which i new wasnt right as i bought it new, last year. I was arrested for handling stolen goods and because of this the police took my license and guns at the time of arrest along with all my other tools and the kids quads bikes etc.

It turns out when they checked with the shop where i bought the saw, they where wrong and i received an NFA (no further action) so i got a letter to go and collect all my stuff which i did, except the guns which they said they cudnt give me back right away as they had to inform firearms of what had happened.

So now ive had a letter from firearms saying they are aware of the situation, and they are now questioning my suitability for need of a shot gun, i have to get in touch and go for a meeting to discuss before they make a final decision, failure to go will be kept on record should an appeal go to crown court.

All this said i have done nothing wrong, had my house turned upside down for nothing been locked up all day, had my guns taken and had to wait 4 weeks to get my other stuff back, now on top of this might lose my license, just looking for any advice surely they carnt just revoke my license and keep the guns over this????

Any advice would be good thanks, sorry about the big paragraph

It seems wrong, based on what you have said.

Sadly, a fair number of similar threads have started where people have lost their licence. It usually emerges that we were not given the full script.

I find it odd that because of the number on a Stihl saw - which didn't turn out to be stolen - they seized so much.

That said - get professional advice, as has been suggested. If you are in BASC, get in touch with them. If not, see a solicitor.

Or you could just go to the Interview (or they may come to you)

Explain the situation (Wrong Serial Number given by the Garden Centre (which in itself is a one in a million chance it matched yours) and i assume you had the warranty registered to you as well from new, and no further action as it was proven that it wasn't anything to do with you (you may find this is all know to the case officer) and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Believe it or not... no everyone is out to get you!!!

And yes i have had my house raided on the back of an allegation made whilst being involved with an investigation (i was also suspended) and funnily enough when the incident happened i was on official business somewhere completely different but still had to go through the mill and had the same chat as you are expecting.

ATB

Edited by ph5172

Yeah, this is why none of us skimp about paying the £7/month membership fee. Sign up, phone BASC. Things will get sorted with much better advice than you'll find here.

Except for those of us that get the same for cheaper elsewhere.

As above BASC, but why not try your local MP.

Middlesbrough Police are well known for robust policing so it will not be a shock to him.

I think if he were to contact them you will have them back sooner.

http://tomblenkinsop.com/surgeries/

Robust, thats one way of putting it,? do a search on mallen and lancet

KW

There is no "need" required in law for a shotgun. If they have done you for handling stolen and found out subsequently you bought said items new and dropped the case, how can this impact your character? If there is something you not telling that's another matter though speak to your shooting org. register a complaint to the chief constable forthwith for the return of your guns and appology

If the OP is in the BASC, he now knows what to do. The odds are though that he isn't and in which case I'd be inclined to e-mail the new Police Commissioner with a brief explanation as per his post asking do I sue you or the Chief Constable. Now the singing and dancing is all over he's probably looking for something to do.