The Met, the MP's and a whole host of other sick so and so's.

Penelope

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the ******** that are supporting/responsible for prosecuting decent folk for misdemeanours whilst immune from prosecution for any (no matter how serious!) unlawful act perpetrated by themselves! These are the self same people that are compelling the ordinary man/woman in the street to pay exorbitant duties on goods and tax on tax on tax (whilst they get away with contributing the minimum by legally salting their money away in tax havens) so they can finance a life of privilege and corrupt pleasure for themselves and retire in luxury! All this financed through false expense claims, selling out for cash and advantage for their support to financially powerful pressure groups and backhanders dressed up as part time directorships from private interests/concerns! All the time protected by an army of equally corrupt "enforcers". They have no fear of accountability, because their corruption is covered up by their successors, the next generation of corrupt officials until they are dead by so they are never held to account!....and on it goes!

The sad thing is that many ordinary decent people placed in a similar situation...........would do exactly the same!

My gut feeling is that this will be blown open and we will see a meaningful enquiry, there is too much information now in the public domain to allow this be swept under the carpet. I suspect that the press will still have a good deal more information that they have not released or they are continuing to work through, as more information is released then more people who know something will come forward as the individual risk to them lessens.

I don't think we have quite reached the tipping point yet, but we are not far away. A lot of the members of parliament now are of a new generation so less connection to what went before, likewise the same is true of the police.

It will still be a slow process and there will still be attempts to obscure and pervert the course of the enquiry, but I think it will happen. I very much hope it will happen.

The British public already have a huge amount of dissatisfaction with government and this is going to be too toxic to just try and push back into the shadows.

My gut feeling is that this will be blown open and we will see a meaningful enquiry, there is too much information now in the public domain to allow this be swept under the carpet. I suspect that the press will still have a good deal more information that they have not released or they are continuing to work through, as more information is released then more people who know something will come forward as the individual risk to them lessens.

I don't think we have quite reached the tipping point yet, but we are not far away. A lot of the members of parliament now are of a new generation so less connection to what went before, likewise the same is true of the police.

It will still be a slow process and there will still be attempts to obscure and pervert the course of the enquiry, but I think it will happen. I very much hope it will happen.

The British public already have a huge amount of dissatisfaction with government and this is going to be too toxic to just try and push back into the shadows.

Interesting, I have read it too. Cynical me wonders whether this is why successive governments have failed to adequately restrict press freedom where personal privacy is concerned. Is anyone going to legislate for press controls if they have information about such hideous crimes ? I dont doubt the press will have this information if it exists. The question is why havent they published it as its clearly in the public interest, maybe they are keeping their powder dry as a quid pro quo ?

Edited by jimmydean

Interesting, I have read it too. Cynical me wonders whether this is why successive governments have failed to adequately restrict press freedom where personal privacy is concerned. Is anyone going to legislate for press controls if they have information about such hideous crimes ? I dont doubt the press will have this information if it exists. The question is why havent they published it as its clearly in the public interest, maybe they are keeping their powder dry as a quid pro quo ?

I am guessing that they are making absolutely sure that they don't go with anything that would invite a huge legal challenge. After the fiasco with Lord McAlpine and the bodged BBC enquiry they are being cautious.

I do hear what you are saying and it is always a potential, but the hacking scandal of the press has alienated them from the establishment and maybe the gloves are coming off. A lot of people in parliament were quick to throw rocks at the press to divert attention away from elsewhere so this could be a bit of payback.

I think that this is where the British press have earned their reputation in the past, they were not afraid to challenge the establishment, it would be good to see that come back and end any cosy relationships. As you suggest I do believe that there has been a quid pro quo relationship in place and that needs to stop.

I don't know what to make of all this really. No one reported Saville et al back whenever as they were deemed to be untouchable, and the average person with knowledge of wrong doing didn't report it for either the reason they knew they wouldn't be listened to or even if they were, were ordered to forget about it.

The threat of losing ones income can be a powerful deterent, as has proved the case for the last god knows how many decades, and the fact those who should have said something, or did but were told to keep schtum back then, who have now come forward is only proof that their incomes are no longer at threat and that the establishment is now more likely to listen.

But there will be those still in employment who know facts about wrong doings etc. Are these people now going to reveal all, in the full knowledge that they should have done so some time ago, again in the knowledge that that criticism could well be levelled against them and potentially threaten their incomes or positions? I'd like to think they would, but will they? Would you?

Saville got away with it for the simple reason that good men (and women) did nothing. That's all it took; for people to stand back and turn a blind eye. And if the allegations are true then these MP's and whomever, got away with it for exactly the same reason, and in some cases were allegedly aided by the reluctance of the police to pursue claims and accusations. The authorities who had knowledge of these alleged crimes but did nothing are as guilty as those who physically assaulted persons, but is the establishment about to name names and actively pursue individuals still alive and part of that establishment?

Perhaps it's the cynic in me but I can't see the walls suddenly come tumbling down to reveal warts and all, for some reason. I would love to be proved wrong.

Edited by Scully

I'm sure that I heard somewhere (R4?) that it had been found.

Leon Britain is alleged to have been a frequent guest at Elm Lodge. There is mention of a photo of him wearing just a pinny with a young boy on his lap taken there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elm_Guest_House_child_abuse_scandal

http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/elm-guest-house-abuse-scandal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORU5x-ryedU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t34ldp68lhk

Whats the betting the "missing" dossier suddenly turns up convenient now the person it was handed to is dead? this is going to be a biggy some reps and lifestyles will soon be destroyed.

KW

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28141531

Edited by Penelope

When and if they get "to the bottom" of it.......it will "blow " westminster apart....why do you think maggie thatcher kept a lid on it !!....there will be that many people involved...male and female....i do hope they do a little book like they did in the daily telegraph...when the expenses scandle came out....it detailed all the "wrongdoers"...otherwise we will not be able to keep track of them all....and i for one dont want to miss a thing !

People in power regardless of country, religion or gender have been doing this since the beginning of time. It doesn't make it right I know.

it has always been one of the perks of people in power, that together with the rest of the stuff they can get away with.

I say cut them off, :good:

Scully, I understand your cynicism and I am fearful that there is still enough people in powerful enough jobs to make this difficult, but I hope that it is now such a hot issue that they wont have the freedom they once had to hush this up.

I suspect that it is the mandarins of Whitehall who are probably most fearful as they span elected governments and have been in position under several governments.

I really do hope that the lid is blown off.

When and if they get "to the bottom" of it.......it will "blow " westminster apart....why do you think maggie thatcher kept a lid on it !!....there will be that many people involved...male and female....i do hope they do a little book like they did in the daily telegraph...when the expenses scandle came out....it detailed all the "wrongdoers"...otherwise we will not be able to keep track of them all....and i for one dont want to miss a thing !

I think some may have already 'got to the bottom of it'

I've been following the Elm Guest House stories online for quite a while. There are so many names being linked to other names that it all sounds like some mad conspiracy theory. Except then you see the name of a certain pop star appears on that alleged Elm Guest House party list and that pop star is now definitely being investigated. And that pop star is a close friend of a former prime minister and was also a close friend of a TV presenter who was mysteriously assassinated on her doorstep, apparently by a professional hitman.

It all starts to look a bit less mad when you start seeing those real connections.

Paul65, I have read some of those reports as well and like any good conspiracy it has to have its roots somewhere in or near the truth.

I think that a lot of those names mentioned are probably rightly nervous and worried, but I also think that a lot of the names are fitted in because it is easy to contrive links. If they are all true then it is very scary indeed.

if you look into Thomas Hamilton and dunblane some people reckon and have said about him keeping his license was this kind of behavior

The fact of the matter in this case is that the police sergeant who recommended his licence renewal not be granted also wanted him arrested for his behavior at a boys summer camp. The sergeant lost out on both counts.