What was your first shotgun ?

Old Boggy

Under lever opening the lever was like a big trigger very difficult to carry broken open and safe.

Blackpowder

I have one of them in the cabinet a bsa but Italian made job pail wood but dont think it kicks much a 11 year old used it to do a round of 75 sporting with out any complaints fisrt time on a shotgun to

Oh I can consider myself very lucky, my first shotgun was a Dickson round action, that was my grandfathers I loved it then and still love it now, it shall be used in earnest in mid august through to the end of January and as usual I suspect it will never miss a beat.

You can get no better. I am jealous as had to wait 50 years after first handling a R/A before one came my way .

Blackpowder

1984 was the year and the gun was a 12g Barasingha ( think that's how you spell it).

My father purchased it for me at £220 with a lovely leather case that was probably where the value was as the gun was a piece of fine engineering- but it functioned well and with the chokes opened out to half n half I liked it.

It passed back to my father who kept it until the late 90's when he sold it to a dealer for the same amount..........

William Powell s/s. 18th birthday present from a godfather. Quite and old (circa 1920) gun, rebarrelled, restocked well used etc, but 40 years on I still have it and use it. The first I bought was (I think) a second hand AyA Yeoman non ejector. Eventually traded in for a Merkel .... which I also still have.

Edited by JohnfromUK

1962/3, aged 14,first shot at a crossing pigeon. Never forgotten as ,apart from missing(of course) I cut my lip which bled profusely....the gun...a single-barrelled AYA Cosmos!

I still have it although its in poor condition and I would never shoot it!

Eventually I shot very well with it but it obviously didn't fit then because it still doesn't!

GH

Oh I can consider myself very lucky, my first shotgun was a Dickson round action, that was my grandfathers I loved it then and still love it now, it shall be used in earnest in mid august through to the end of January and as usual I suspect it will never miss a beat.

Photos please!

GBS

My first gun was a Belgian, skeleton stock, folding, hammer. 410, was taught by my grandad when I was 8/9 and the first game bird I shot was a sort of driven wild English, in a sunken lane.

Then after that I moved onto a single 20, then a o/u silma that I had for 10 years before I got a bettinsoli, and last season upgraded to a mirouku mk70! Hope I can my daughter at least a little interested in the future!