Paris

poontang

Appalling loss of life. Thoughts are with all involved from the victims and their families to the emergency services.

I've just spoken to my 15 year old daughter who was planning a trip to Westfield but has cancelled it. I think there will be a lot of empty city centers across Europe today.

Yes will be staying away from lakeside, bluewater etc with the run up to a christen holiday only a matter of time i'm afraid . A very sad day indeed.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I,m sorry but we should not let any of them in,,

But for everyone who shares your views there is someone who will disagree. Many recent polls show the country is split over letting in thousands of Syrians.

Look at the uproar over Camerons reluctance to let Syrians into the country we had the media showing its disgust, we had the opposition in uproar, we had thousands signing petitions demanding we open the doors to untold numbers, we have high profile celebrities speaking out to their followers on social media, we had security experts condemned for suggesting we screen who we let in.

People come on here moaning about the government's actions but to me it seems they are only doing what the public are demanding

The issue is now again that all the peaceful Muslims and real refugees will suffer more. A chap pushed a lady wearing a head dress in front of a tube the other day, the immigrant camp in Calais has been mostly burnt down... Lots will continue, there will be reprisals tit for tat for each side.

I for one find it harder to trust any 'stereotypical looking' people and will even move train carriage if I have a feeling - (my dad was lucky to avoid the 7/7 bombing as he was in early that day - later and he would have been in the thick of it.

I agree with others here saying I won't be going to any large centres for a while... You just don't know.

The issue also is its really not hard to make an explosive from legally brought ingredients and the Internet has hundreds of helpful guides to do this too.

It's a case of the minority letting the majority down and then everyone being tarred with same brush, but how can we tell? Innocent until proven guilty?! Mmm not if it means being blown up, shot, or decapitated in the name of the make believe.

Edited by Mentalmac

after all is said and done.....................will this really change anything.....think not...........we will just wait patiently for the next attack on the a law abiding peoples of a western city /town.............all the families of the dead must just keep on asking ..WHY !..............i dont think sitting back and throwing a few bombs from 20,000 ft is an option any more....

But for everyone who shares your views there is someone who will disagree. Many recent polls show the country is split over letting in thousands of Syrians.

Really ? I havnt heard many people at all calling for more immigrants,Syrian or otherwise round my way.

Look at the uproar over Camerons reluctance to let Syrians into the country we had the media showing its disgust, we had the opposition in uproar, we had thousands signing petitions demanding we open the doors to untold numbers, we have high profile celebrities speaking out to their followers on social media, we had security experts condemned for suggesting we screen who we let in.

The opposition will always have a go at the ruling parties policy,whatever it is.

The media will usually be biased towards one or the other,and celebrities tend to give themselves as much media coverage as possible,even by spouting nonsense.

People come on here moaning about the government's actions but to me it seems they are only doing what the public are demanding

The government are 'supposed' to do what the majority 'demands' ,how often does this work in practice,rarely.

I do think Raqqa needs a bucket of instant sunshine, its the of city that has no civilians and is 100% ISIS!

Raqqa is a city controlled by isis,and is full of civilians,loyal to isis or otherwise.

To suggest using a nuclear weapon on such a city is (being nice here ) a bit silly.

The issue is now again that all the peaceful Muslims and real refugees will suffer more. A chap pushed a lady wearing a head dress in front of a tube the other day, the immigrant camp in Calais has been mostly burnt down... Lots will continue, there will be reprisals tit for tat for each side.

So true, there are no winners in this situation. Not helped by views shown below. Les, a few million who exactly? Terrorists? ISIS fighters? Not a very considered post I'm afraid.

Yeah - it's just a pity that there are already a few million of them sharing it with us. :rolleyes:

Wife just told me , sent by Twitter from a friend there , Gatwick has been evacuated..."suspicious" item found

I likewise will be avoiding busy public places in the near future

I was in a bomb scare evacuation of Bristol bus station in the early 1990s...lots of panic...frightening

Words can't express the horror of this all. Our thoughts are with the families and loved one of those that have died.

dilemma not faced since the 70s. Carry on as normal and give them two fingers or stay at home and they have won ?

Well said. The terrorists hate our society and way of life, that's their mindset and nothing will ever change that. They want to spread terror and fear, defy them or they've already won.

Wife just told me , sent by Twitter from a friend there , Gatwick has been evacuated..."suspicious" item found

I likewise will be avoiding busy public places in the near future

I was in a bomb scare evacuation of Bristol bus station in the early 1990s...lots of panic...frighteni

You caint live like that or the terrorists win, if we thought like that in this part of the UK we would have never left the house. Terrorist attacks were a daily occurrence.

WE are next if we don't shut the door

To late to close the door. And yes England is top of their to do list.

Edited by ordnance

after all is said and done.....................will this really change anything.....think not...........we will just wait patiently for the next attack on the a law abiding peoples of a western city /town.............all the families of the dead must just keep on asking ..WHY !..............i dont think sitting back and throwing a few bombs from 20,000 ft is an option any more....

Exactly, the west will be wringing it's hands for a week but nothing will change. Look at Charlie Hebdo everybody predicted big change but zilch happened. It's news on here now but by next weekend it will be more mundane things like what boiler, antis and other assorted daily trivia, same old same old.

Exactly, the west will be wringing it's hands for a week but nothing will change. Look at Charlie Hebdo everybody predicted big change but zilch happened. It's news on here now but by next weekend it will be more mundane things like what boiler, antis and other assorted daily trivia, same old same old.

Good.

You caint live like that or the terrorists win, if we thought like that in this part of the UK we would have never left the house. Terrorist attacks were a daily occurrence.

To late to close the door. And yes England is top of their to do list.

is not to late . just shut it . and quick

now that IS the scary bit, and guess what there are thousands of them on their way here before Christmas,

I,m sorry but we should not let any of them in,,

cant say what I really feel because I,ll get suspended,,but it involves dropping a bomb to rid the world of this scum

+1

is not to late . just shut it . and quick.

Were the people that have aready carried out terrorist atacks in the UK not aready living in the UK. :hmm: So as i said to late, and the doors woint be closed so there is no point wishing. I tought they had aready agreed to take in 20,000 syrian refugees that woint change, unless they decide to take more.

Edited by ordnance

Hating on other innocent peaceful Muslims for the actions of a few terrorists is exactly what ISIS want you to do, it's their best way of recruiting more members into their twisted little army and you are playing right into their hands by doing so. These people are terrorists hiding behind a religion, nothing more, nothing less. United we stand divided we fall