Anyone out shooting on Boxing Day

huntsman

Just Had a lovely invite by the farmer to shoot over land I was never privvy to shoot over,,apparently it was rented out and shot over by private members

It has been cared and tendered by an ex gamekeeperwho patrolled the land to prevent poaching, loads of partridge,pheasant, duck and rabbit

However with the amount of rain we have had over the last few weeks the ground will be saturated, I will be taking the mut to bush some game should be a great day out especially as I promised the missus to go shopping ....oops.. will tell her much later after she has had a few wines lol

so thats me sorted what about you ????

Just had the syndicate day postponed due to bad weather and within minutes a invite to beat on a friends shoot. So will still get to work my dog get some fresh air and my son is joining me :good: so a good day is looking promising with a few in the pub after with some great craic.

Now having a cuppa before a stroll around some marshes I go on to see if I can get one or two crafty ole Pheasants that lurk about in the reed beds , then after dinner in the wood for what I am hoping for is 2 to 3 hours good roost shooting ( wind is ideal at the moment ) , then come out around 3 30pm for a flight on one of the marshes either for a duck or a goose depending on how strong the wind is and form what direction it is blowing .

Unlike our friends in Cumbria and up north, the forecast is for dry weather all day so for those who are suffering from all this wet weather my heart goes out to you and I hope it is not as bad as they have just forecast and you all stay safe and dry . Good luck where ever you are .

Nephew has just phoned to say they're 'going for it' and invited me to his Boxing Day bash as ours has been cancelled, but I doubt they'll get far as their ground is wetter than ours! Turned it down with thanks as I don't fancy getting stuck on wrong side of river if they close the bridges. Some of that water is too deep even for 4x4's and you don't know what's under the surface. Army and EA have been working all day yesterday and last night prepping for the water levels to come up. It's not even the river that threatens now; land is so sodden water just backs up through the blocked drains.

ITN and other press were in the gallery having coffee the other day, complaining of having nothing to film! One of them was on the phone to the MOD asking if they could film mobilised troops but at that time they hadn't been mobilised and were just on a 4 hour warning.Sounded very disappointed. :)

Anyhow, hope all those out today have a cracking day. :good: Let us know how you got on.

Edited by Scully