wedding etiquette

jonny thomas

Right then my good lady wife has been invited to a wedding the whole three part thing however she has been invited on her own we've been married 23 years surely this is bad form this is the second time this has happened

Last time it caused a reet row as she accepted strait away both times cost has been the reason but knowing these people I'm simply not having that

Surely you invite both of a married couple or neither

Edited by jonny thomas

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is way out............even when my Mrs was working and one of the staff got married ...who i didnt know...we were always invited as a couple.............

mind you what a young person veiws as the norm now is totally different from what an older person would do...............still i rekon its out of order...

Right then my good lady wife has been invited to a wedding the whole three part thing however she has been invited on her own we've been married 23 years surely this is bad form this is the second time this has happened

Last time it caused a reet row as she accepted strait away both times cost has been the reason but knowing these people I'm simply not having that

Have you had your annual bath?

its there wedding and they can invite who ever they want for whatever reason they choose.I get passed over for invites all the time.

Agreed, on the face of it, it seems rude.

But, I didn't invite anyone to our wedding I didn't like either.

Thanks all

Walshie I'm perfectly comfortable with people not liking me but they like me well enough when they have car trouble

I had my bath in June and I'll be due another by the time the wedding comes round

The real issue is the wife can't see my problem and I'm not the sort to forbid her going

well it seems to me if they use you for car trouble etc they either don't like you or it is proberbly I can only have 30 people so who do I chose if I was you I wouldn't fret and carry on as normal

it is in my opinion rude not to accept the pair of you as you are a couple but there we are they are not me

if your only issue is the fact that your mrs can not see the problem don't worry life will throw you plenty of **** to worry about along the way and as for trying to get her not to go don't bother if she wants to go let her

go and have a good day out shooting

'the whole three part thing'

What she's going on the honeymoon with them?? :lol:

My wife as been invited to a wedding and not me because the couple were trying to keep costs down but I was able to join her on the evening after the wedding, is that not an option? Are they friends or relatives?

Who will be there that she doesn’t want you to meet?? :hmm: Oh dear! :oops:

Probably somewhere close to on the money :yes: someone knows someone who knew someone who you....................something, can't see cost being the real issue. It is poor form but without a shadow of a doubt the correct etiquette from your wife would be to politely refuse the invitation.

Me and my fiance are getting married in May. We have excluded the partners of my work colleagues.

We are heavily restricted on numbers at the venue and I wouldn't have been able to invite them any other way.

Another one bits the dust.....no I hope you will be very happy in your sentence marriage, good luck and all the best too you both. :good: