Terry Wogan Dead

poontang

"fair share for charity?" - what like "children in need?"-lets just jog our memories here-wasn't he paid, on average, around £10k per show for this "charity" event-how many stupid people did stupid things simply to pay his wages?

Like every one else then that works for a living, turns up gets paid.

Do you get paid for going to work ?

"fair share for charity?" - what like "children in need?"-lets just jog our memories here-wasn't he paid, on average, around £10k per show for this "charity" event-how many stupid people did stupid things simply to pay his wages?

Yes thats right he was a director of Children in Need but the money he got for doing the shows was paid by the BBC not the charity. I think he did also receive a salary from the Charity.

Now he is gone, in a year or so a lot of things will start to come out about his financial affairs, in particular with the BBC. No corruption, sorry to disappoint you, he was just a very shrewd business man and the BBC were/are incredibly free with our money

Edited by Vince Green

In anything he did from TV to radio he came across as an easy going sort of bloke that you would chat to in a pub,and he made people feel at ease when he interviewed them.

Such a pity he has gone and that scurge cancer claims another victim.

Seems like this month has been get rid of the people you grew up with month.

R.I.P Sir Terry there are a lot of sad TOG's in the world today.

Listened to Wogan for decades and it was a poor day for radio when he gave up his Radio 2 slot for what we have now, which isn't really worth listening to anymore, for me anyhow. Dire.

You could tell who was listening to the Janet and John stories in their cars as you met solitary drivers laughing their heads off as Wogan corpsed yet again. Great shame.

Yes I did Dougy-but before you book your ticket for the massive TW back patting party you might want to ask why EVERY other Celeb gave their time for free? In fact I seem to recall that he was also being paid £2m/year by the Beeb as a retainer i.e. not to work.

According to the news, 800million plus has been raised by Children in Need, Many switched on to watch him so i say good value. I love PW. Didn't take long did it.

R.I.P Terry a sad loss and another one down to Cancer ,time this evil was given as much money and effort to cure as they did with Ebola last year.

They have a lot of money in the bank, it just takes time but eventually, it will be beaten.