Topgear - Merged Threads

Davyo

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew it was on but just didn't bother. After the few minutes I watched episode one before changing channels I realised it not Top gear. It's trying to be similar, but it's not, nor never will be, top gear.

For some reason it brings that Chinese Range Rover copy to mind, just a cheap copy that will never make the grade.

Edited by rodp

I thought this weeks was a lot better

Yep me too and it will continue to get better. I suspect the early Clarksons one were not great either. The problem is if you don't like Evans you are never going to like the show. No different to Clarkson in that respect.

Edited by AVB

Yes, it was better, just!

Evans is as annoying as I worried he would be. Strange, because he was a great guest when he was in the reasonably priced car. He's regressed to the incredibly annoying TFI persona. The Jenson Button appearance made the first review bearable.

I agree with Scully, I really want it to be good as I've always enjoyed Top Gear,but it's a long way short so far.

Please stop Eddie Jordan shaking everybody's hand all the time, he does it on F1 too and most people seem very uncomfortable with "man contact" with him as the three amigos used to call it.

It's never going to be as good as the old Top Gear, but I think it could get close if they got rid of Evans who could possibly be the most annoying person on telly.

But is he more annoying than Clarkson?

I can't stand Chris Evans. Never did like him and unike Clarkson he hasn't got the intelligence or ability to know what an audience likes. Clarkson was deliberately annoying most of the time. He knew how to pull the viewer's plonker and also wasn't afraid of making a fool of himself. Evans is a jumped up **** who has no endearing qualities. Needless to say that I won't be watching it. :lol:

I thought it was better than the first episode. I enjoyed the 4x4 section, thought it was great having the guests along for the ride. I think Matt LeBlanc is doing a very good job, he`s quite witty and he has a decent onscreen presence. Evans, well although I don`t mind him on the radio I`ve never really liked anything he`s done on tv and I`m afraid this is heading the same way. He`s just a bit OTT and shouty for me.

Top moment for me though was Seasick Steve`s first car story.

Agree with most of the sentiments here - Matt le Blanc is surprisingly good. Evans highly irritating and ruining the show. Like the idea of bringing guests along for the challenges. Can't stand the "who's got the best/oldest car bit" where they read from autocue -so false. Rally cross car in a star is rubbish. A real curates egg!

Likewise. Roll on the autumn and 'The Grand Tour' with the three amigos. GF's son has an Amazon fire stick.

I'm a TG devotee but am afraid I forgot it was on; caught the last 15 minutes and have no intention of watching it on iplayer. Great shame, it was once a must see programme for me.

Well tonights show was a massive improvement...............................................................

..........................................much less of Chris Evans!

Just caught the last bit in london,,, just ceemed very pointless and staged with the bemused japanese tourists on the steps of the fake wedding and the shots from inside thd car looking back ceemd to be sped up or somrthing it just didnt look rite at all......

Edited by millrace

Have to say the young chap reporting on the hot hatchbacks had great enthusiasm delivering the report, I could be tempted by one of thoes ford focus hot hatches 👍

The last bit with Matt Le Blanc being driven around London at high speed, in what ever it was, to me was just a waste of licence money, it must have cost a fortune to close off all the roads and what was the point.