Cabbages and Condoms.

JDog

My brother has been accommodating me for the past few days whilst I have been working in the Cotswolds (no snide remarks from you Aga Man please), so I offered to take him out for dinner last night. He wanted to try the new Thai place that had opened so off we went.

It really was called Cabbages and Condoms. We were shown to out table by a very pretty Thai girl with three buttons on her blouse open revealing bosoms to die for, but unfortunately for me anyway too big a bottom for my liking. The food was good and we had lots of attention from the staff and when I asked for the bill it came on a plate along with a card and two condoms, both pictured.

I doubt that this was an invitation to wait outside the restaurant until it closed so we went on our merry way. They will remain unused I am sure.

DSC07219_zpsezdji1l5.jpg

I was in a play called, cabbages and kings when I was at primary school. Can't remember what it was all about. No one spoke about condoms back then. I think that it was a case of full speed ahead and trust in the Lord back then.

The time has come the walrus said....to think of other things......blah blah blah...of condoms..sealing wax and cabbages and kings...

I think that I was about 6 at the time and any literary enlightenment went in one ear straight through and out of the other. I remember that I had some long speech in the play and that father was very pleased with my performance and my class teacher Mrs beddows gave me a big hug. Yuck. She smelt of a sort of powdery perfume. Yuck. Father shook my hand and said "good fellow", as he would.

• 2 weeks later...