Jodie Marsh goes hunting. TV heads up.

markm

The point of the programme was Jodie Marsh meeting Rachel Carrie and each other putting over their points of view which they BOTH did,

If anything I thought Diggory Haddoke could have come across a better,

He seemed to be quite short tempered at one point,

All in all I enjoyed it, Jodie had her outlook on hunting challenged and by the end at least accepted why it's done rather than just dismiss it out of hand,

No doubt she will be critized by other veggies and vegans for this program as she was by members of this forum before it was even aired,

Oh and whether she "aged well" has no bearing on the show whatsoever,

:shaun:

The point of the programme was Jodie going hunting, to get into the head of people who choose to hunt and challenge both her thoughts and theirs, it was not called Jodie and Rachael go hunting, it was Jodie goes hunting which to me would say she is going to see people to see why it is done and the thoughts of those involved and try to get different reasons from people throughout the shooting community. Don't get me wrong I felt the show came across very well for the shooting community, I was not criticising the show. I just felt it would've been better for the average Joe to see that those who shoot come from all backgrounds and walks of life.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point of the programme was Jodie Marsh meeting Rachel Carrie and each other putting over their points of view which they BOTH did,

If anything I thought Diggory Haddoke could have come across a better,

He seemed to be quite short tempered at one point,

All in all I enjoyed it, Jodie had her outlook on hunting challenged and by the end at least accepted why it's done rather than just dismiss it out of hand,

No doubt she will be critized by other veggies and vegans for this program as she was by members of this forum before it was even aired,

Oh and whether she "aged well" has no bearing on the show whatsoever,

:shaun:

True is has no bearing what so ever, but it was still a point I wanted to make so did. :)

Jodie Marsh was (is) flakey! She must have been! She started out as a Jordan wannabe, but there was never room for two! Thank god!

I will try to watch the documentary, but I fear she will come across as an idiot....I hope I'm wrong as to turn her from an ignorant brainless anti into someone who has the ability to work things out for herself would be quite an achievement!

Well I take it back! She came across as having far more intelligence than I gave her credit for! An enquiring mind, and she certainly did have the ability to work things out for herself!

When she first appeared on the scene she was a very attractive young woman, who it appeared to me was so desparate for fame she tried to imitate others, disfigured herself with plastic surgery and covered herself with tattoos, which seemed, in her case as self harm? So with her other reported media stunts, I dismissed her as "flakey"........I still think she's "flakey" but I confess I see her in a more positive light now!

I watched and it left me with a sense of hope but it takes both sides of this argument to give a little. I commend both Rachel and Jodie - both having strong opinions but they were able to find common ground and I think Rachael is far more used to fending off antis than Jodie is to fending off those who have supported her to this point and have now turned on her so I wish her strength when dealing with that. I did feel for Jodie when she watched the deer being shot and I do genuinely think Rachael felt for her too at that moment. My only criticism as such would be that I wish there could have had more episodes rather than a one off documentary to see the progression and change. I am pro hunting although I do not hunt myself as I do not consider myself a good enough shot although I think I am perhaps far more skilled than some people I know who do hunt but that is another debate. I am also heartily sick of generalisations that you read on face book and forums again from both sides of the debate.

That was a good effort by Rachel Carrie. If only others involved in field sports were so passionate.

As for Jodie Marsh, she did listen and she hasn't got where she is today by being thick.

Those PW members who have posted about the appearance of either Lady are of course missing the point.

That was a good effort by Rachel Carrie. If only others involved in field sports were so passionate.

As for Jodie Marsh, she did listen and she hasn't got where she is today by being thick.

Those PW members who have posted about the appearance of either Lady are of course missing the point.

Au Contraire JDog, I thought that Rachel Carrie took camouflage clothing to a new dimension or two. She could be my shooting partner any day and would make an old man very happy, but have no doubt that I would be at the back of the queue.

I do agree that Dig Hadoke could have come over better. Perhaps explaining the benefit of game shooting to the African economy and not dwelling too much on the 'hunter' instinct of man.

All in all, I thought that the programme was well balanced.

OB

Watched it again (without family interruption!!) and thought it was a brilliant defence of our sport. The format, with a pretty lass with a northern accent, explaining some of the balances of animal control in our crowded island was excellent. We need more of this with the involvement of some of the bigger 'household' names ie Beefy, Atherton, Dame Kiri, supported by the likes of Robinson, Fernly W etc etc.

I think the only thing that was not in favour was the channel it was on. Id never even heard of it.. And i dont know how much it was advertised apart from jodies fb twitter instagram pages and Rachels. So on one hand we had a lot of pro hunting knowing about it and then jodie fans. There are alot of people that probably will never know it was ever on...

But it is a step in the right direction..

I think the only thing that was not in favour was the channel it was on. Id never even heard of it.. And i dont know how much it was advertised apart from jodies fb twitter instagram pages and Rachels. So on one hand we had a lot of pro hunting knowing about it and then jodie fans. There are alot of people that probably will never know it was ever on...

But it is a step in the right direction..

Could write/email the BBC advising what an interesting, balanced, educational programme it is, and suggest in the interests of unbiased and accurate reporting they may wish to consider airing it on BBC 1...........Then watch out for the newspaper reports of several BBC luvvies choking on their tofu!

I also thought it was a prety good piece and if it got into the wider audience would do a lot of good.

The 1 thing being super critical she could of picked up on is wearing/using leather. It is after all animal skin so really no different to a fur coat.

Not many people including vegeie's don't have use leather wether for boots, sofa's or in fancy cars.

Another thing that the stalker boy (who was very good) could of highlighted was how old deer die, generally by starvation as all there teeth are worn away, so choice is between culling and having a healthy population, or letting deer increase in numbers and all die of starvation either throu old age or self made habit destruction/lack of food

Ps I don't think having the polaris parked right beside the pigeon hide in first location would of helped them pull in many pigeons. Possibly it would of been good to show picture of a field of damaged crops to show just how bad it can be, but i appreciated the wrong time of year for seeing that in flesh but a few pictures might off highlighted it.

But thats being pretty picky.

By and large when u take the time to speak to most folk there views soften, esp if u give them some game meat to try (althou not possible with a vegeie)

Could write/email the BBC advising what an interesting, balanced, educational programme it is, and suggest in the interests of unbiased and accurate reporting they may wish to consider airing it on BBC 1...........Then watch out for the newspaper reports of several BBC luvvies choking on their tofu!

I am definitely tempted by this.