6 nations

bumpy22

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland have an awful win ratio when Barnes is in charge...

That's it? Thanks for enlightening me - I think! I couldn't really see anything wrong with his performance today. I think Ireland would have scored without Henshaw's restart, but he still broke the rules so that's a pen. Reffed the game well and was pretty anonymous - just the way refs should be!

That's it? Thanks for enlightening me - I think! I couldn't really see anything wrong with his performance today. I think Ireland would have scored without Henshaw's restart, but he still broke the rules so that's a pen. Reffed the game well and was pretty anonymous - just the way refs should be!

I know. But I guess if a team consistently does poorer when a certain man is behind the whistle... they will grow to dislike him?

I actually agree with you. Barnes had a good game - Ireland lost it themselves. All Henshaw had to do was put an arm over Best and the try would have been given. Barnes was right, but there's quite a few refs would have blown for try anyway.

Barnes has impressed me in his development the past year/18 months. He communicates much more, and explains why the whistle has been blown very clearly. And most importantly he is becoming very consistent in his reading of the game.

[quote name="Flashman" post="3228486"

Engalnd will want to be fully fit for next week.

After watching Ireland last night, next week may be a bit one sided. Glad I didn't pay £5k for a ticket to next week's match (as some reportedly have.)

England are a great side- Ireland could be in serious trouble. Although, I hope I'm wrong.

When are Scotland turning up for this game?

Haha, amusing but probably not really fair. They have just been unlucky enough to be the first team to face an England team firing on all cylinders. The Scots did manage 3 tries after all. Although they also clearly gave away too many penalties and left too much space for England to play through.

Great performance by England. Back to back 6 Nations, and a record equaling 18th match win. Let's hope they can keep that momentum into next weeks Triple Crown and Grand Slam game against Ireland.

Swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing low sweet chariot . . .