Nurses parking at Hospitals

Walker570

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Mrs pays £4.80 a week at Broomfield hospital for staff parking.(works 3 days a week)

Although they have just lost 55 staff places due to trees having protection orders placed on them.

They have great park and ride incentives- half price for all NHS staff.

How can you loose car parking spaces because of protection orders on trees? There all mad

How can you loose car parking spaces because of protection orders on trees? There all mad

I would have thought it's down to compaction of the roots by vehicles parking on or around them as some of the staff carparts are just type1 surfaces. The solution is to air spade around said trees, but from what I hear with dwindling budgets it's not happening anytime soon.

Edited by Me matt

Increments don't go on wages every year they are increased up to a certain rate then unless you change jobs they remain fixed.My increments stoped after 12 years and I have been with them 26 yrs now We pay for parking think it's around 80 a month now

Sadly it was all driven by people using hospital car parks whilst shopping - when I lived in Northampton the general hospital car park was always rammed with people who would toddle off to the shops rather than pay to park in the shopping area

Is that really true?

If so that's one of the main reasons!! Too many scum in the world!!

Two reasons - one is shopping and commuting parking - major problem - and two liebore when last in power introduced a requirement that all employers charged their staff for parking in an effort to reduce congestion. SHMBO was paying £80 a year before she retired 4 years ago.

Sadly it was all driven by people using hospital car parks whilst shopping - when I lived in Northampton the general hospital car park was always rammed with people who would toddle off to the shops rather than pay to park in the shopping area

Happens everywhere. Addenbrookes in Cambridge was always a firm favourite for shoppers who would park up then catch a bus into the city centre rather than pay the Lion Yard carpark fee. Hinchinbrooke in Huntingdon was abused by commuters who would park in the hospital carpark then walk the short distance to railway station. They both switched to charging 20 years ago.

The Lister hospital in Stevenage dont have an official carpark as such so visitors & patients park on the road outside via ticket machines,but all the surrounding roads get choked up from those who dont want to pay. Makes me chuckle when i drive past and two traffic wardens work in tandem ticketing unpaid cars on both sides of road.

its because everybody demands more and more of the nhs, you know, the gastric bands, the i.v.f, the penis removal op, on paper it sounds callous, but what choice do the hospitals have but to charge, it doesn't seem an astronomical amount compared to a large glass of wine, or 20 fags.When my dad was ill, the nhs was funding a taxi at £60 a pop because he was a non-driver........it aint all bad you know.

Very true,

Many Dialysis patients get taxi or ambulance transport to and fro hospital 3x a week

My Daughter has been paying it for about 17yrs.

I would NOT PAY To go to work,its all wrong..

The best of it is,they have to fight for a parking space,if they are on the shift when visitors go...

They cannot find anywhere to park,she just keeps going round and round to find a spot.

Yes,and it is hundreds of pounds a year,,thieving **** at the top pocketing it no doubt..

Makex my blood boil..grrrrr.

The best of it is,they have to fight for a parking space,if they are on the shift when visitors go...

They cannot find anywhere to park,she just keeps going round and round to find a spot.

Yes,and it is hundreds of pounds a year,,thieving **** at the top pocketing it no doubt..

I take it you don't commute to work then? Having your car is a cost of work, as is fuel and all the costs in involved. Few people are able to walk or cycle to work these days as people travel further afield for their jobs.

Then lots of people buy their houses based entirely on proximity to their work place.

And I really doubt the head of the hospital is pocketing the money from the car park. It's most likely swallowed up by the enormous costs of running the place.

Until recently I had to pay for parking through my salary at Notts QMC, it was 100's a year. The billions spent on the tram system has helped, but not the parking fees at Clifton terminal or the tram times which only help the Clifton people getting into the job center to claim.

Doesn't help health professionals get home at siily o'clock.

Glad I'm out of this game.

I see Corbyn has jumped on the band wagon....he must be on Pigeon Watch .... he says he will ban parking fees at all hospitals if he gets in.

All these promises, I wonder where they are lodging the printing machines.

Edited by Walker570