Green bird

activeviii

Years ago we were doing some fencing around a few tennis courts- muswell hill I think 🤔 there were loads of ring necks flockimg about.

Some ole local told us they arrived in the 70's after a van load of tropical birds crashed and shed its load, ive always taken that as correct- anyone confim this for me?

Years ago we were doing some fencing around a few tennis courts- muswell hill I think there were loads of ring necks flockimg about.

Some ole local told us they arrived in the 70's after a van load of tropical birds crashed and shed its load, ive always taken that as correct- anyone confim this for me?

There's always been a strong rumour the originals escaped from one of the film studios whilst they were being used for filming, how true it is I don't know - was only reading the other day that all Sika in this country are thought to come from a pair and three that were imported and released but I can't see that small a number would be a viable population? I suspect the answer in both cases is more complicated than a single event?

Years ago we were doing some fencing around a few tennis courts- muswell hill I think there were loads of ring necks flockimg about.

There was certainly a nesting tree of several of them in North Cray Meadows, Sidcup in the late 60's, and now they are all over

Activeviii

I look forward to seeing a photo of the end product.

I take it that you mean in a pan !

You need a few to make a meal, but they`re quite tasty.

Thousands of them in Thanet, Kent.

OB

Fine unless it is your orchard they are in

Not a lot of orchards round these parts, but we have fruit trees and they don't seem to touch them. Just about every garden has a bird table or feeders so they live pretty cushy lives really.

Edited by Vince Green