Pigeons on laid barley

motty

Good video that, but can you tell me how you get your whirly on the right to go so fast?

Haven't got a clue! It just runs at that speed.

Great post Motty, lots on the Barley in my area also, but it's not laid in very big areas, so difficult to pick up, and not only that, no time to shoot as too damn busy at work..! :/

All the best,

Cat.

Cheers. You will be kept In mind for harvest! :good:

Great video M + M , who would want to be a Wood Pigeon on there patch , I certainly wouldn't , far to dangerous .

Excellent shooting from both of you , a pleasure to watch , THANKS for sharing.

I should think there will be a fair bit more barley laid down for you to have a crack it now! Lot of wheat laid over as well when i was riding round today

Far to damp today to shoot pigeons on the barley so had a ride around to check out the cereal fields , as you say , a fair bit have been knocked about or gone down by the heavy rain , not always a good thing as far as pigeon shooting is concerned , as we have more places for them to go and not nearly enough pigeons to go on all the places they can feed on.

I dare say , Wheat will take over from barley as the no 1 crop over the next 2 or 3 weeks then closely followed by Rape , the pigeon calendar is now moving fast forward .

I think wheat has already taken over as the no.1 crop of choice round these parts. I think I hit that field just at the right time.

Yes, spot on, I noticed birds dropping in on very green standing wheat tonight, also loads more resting on the power lines.

Cat.