Cromer lock down

Blackpowder

Caught the tale end of a news item on Radio 4 this morning seeming to suggest that due to an influx of aggressive so called travellers this town was shut down last night. Pubs closed at 7 30 and many premises not opening on Sunday morning. Any more info, seems so outrages just wonder if I heard correctly.

Blackpowder

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the same lot that were in Lowestoft just before. Only 23 caravans worth. Police say it was low level crime. Not if you were the trader that lost about £1k of stuff or those that lost a lucrative weekend trading. The nearby town of Sheringham closed down as well as did local villages. 20 car loads of cops and dogs turned up at one place up the road (campsite bar) when they refused to leave. Premises stormed and stuff nicked, more theft, intimidation, anti-social behaviour etc etc. More detail on the EDP website.

Edited by yod dropper

They go stealing in our local Tesco express - just walk in, fill a basket and walk out. All on CCTV, number plates recorded and the usual velour tracky, hair tight back in a pony tail and expensive new merc on the curbside.

The people from the store know who they are but they're not daft enough to try and stop them in store - so it gets reported to the police and nothing happens.

Alas I really do think the country's on a knife edge as far as law and order is concerned - these people know that they are untouchable and they behave as such.

Indeed, in the above example there was a time when they would have had the good grace to do their shop lifting covertly with some attempt to hide what they were doing :lol:

I remember when I was growing up in port town, there were over a 100 traveller families heading to the ferry to head over the UK (and fence the swathe of goods that they had robbed).

When I was out in town that night, pretty much every pub had a 'Happy Birthday John/Sally/Billy' sign outside, and the bouncers were insisting it was a private party, until they were happy you weren't a travelling knack.

Nice 'Dunkirk spirit' in town that night

Wonder how long this thread lasts as we on pigeonwatch are not fans of the theiving lawless scum. About time the law got tough on them and the inland revenue. Leave the motorist alone for a bit and concentrate on these parasites of society.

Perhaps they could come round and have a word with my spaniel. My spaniel really don't like em and really bares the fang and gets All racial with them. It's not been trained to be like that and it isn't like it with anyone else. It just detects them and goes off on one. Good dog! Extra rations.

I know they aren't linking the alleged rape which happened Friday night in Cromer to the travellers, but it's very suspicious that they turned up Friday afternoon, and suddenly lots of bad things start to happen.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/police-seal-at-cromer-bus-station-after-disturbances-in-town-1-5155704

Not suspicious at all, they are SCUM and should be moved on quickly, unfortunately our liberal laws see the travellers as victims and they have to be treated accordingly!

We had them walk into our workshop last week after just walking through our back gates. Irish plates on the van.

Only a few months back I was sitting in my van 1/2 hour before we open . A white van pulled up looking around so I asked if I could help him? This scouser starts threatening me ??? Shouting about taking pictures of his van . I showed him I was on Facebook.

I reported it and the van was on fake plates

I know they aren't linking the alleged rape which happened Friday night in Cromer to the travellers, but it's very suspicious that they turned up Friday afternoon, and suddenly lots of bad things start to happen.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/police-seal-at-cromer-bus-station-after-disturbances-in-town-1-5155704

Oh, and the hammer attack:

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/hunt-for-bald-bmw-driver-after-violent-clacton-hammer-attack-puts-man-in-hospital-1-5155655

So Rape, GBH, theft, intimidation etc and the Police say there have been a number of incidents of "low level crime" in Cromer?

One women gets a bruise, low level crimes reported but no arrests - so they are on lock down?

The Norfolk coast clearly isnt what it use to be.....

Given how they were operating and behaving (if you know), would you have closed down your business or stayed open?

The MP is now to hold a meeting with the police as they allegedly stood by and watched things happen without arrests being made. We know this happens and in reality was possibly the best course of action. However, it does mean they become even more do-what-they-likey.

Given how they were operating and behaving (if you know), would you have closed down your business or stayed open?

The MP is now to hold a meeting with the police as they allegedly stood by and watched things happen without arrests being made. We know this happens and in reality was possibly the best course of action. However, it does mean they become even more do-what-they-likey.

The problem with this is, if the authorities do nothing, some will take the law into their own hands!......Then it is they who will be subject to the full weight of the law!.....unfair eh? when the original perpetrators seem to be immune from prosecution