i went and did it

yickdaz

you can call me gullible if you want but I have heard so much about the enforcer decoys being the bees knees and all that I held off for ages buying some, knowing any old decoys in the right spot will do, and they will do after 30 years of shooting them I know being in the right spot with a dozen shell, fuds, prodecoys, sillosocks, dead birds etc etc is better than 100 decoys in the wrong spot or field, but curiosity got the better of me and I bought some I needed some new decoys my fuds and prodecoys are getting a bit tattered and faded and I only have 6 shell decoys to go along with them so thought why not go for it , I,ll test them out and see for myself how brilliant or no different than any other decoy which I expect will be the case but they do look the part and come with height adjustable sticks

just waiting for motty to respond now :whistling::lol:

Edited by yickdaz

you can call me gullible if you want but I have heard so much about the enforcer decoys being the bees knees and all that I held off for ages buying some, knowing any old decoys in the right spot will do, and they will do after 30 years of shooting them I know being in the right spot with a dozen shell, fuds, prodecoys, sillosocks, dead birds etc etc is better than 100 decoys in the wrong spot or field, but curiosity got the better of me and I bought some I needed some new decoys my fuds and prodecoys are getting a bit tattered and faded and I only have 6 shell decoys to go along with them so thought why not go for it , I,ll test them out and see for myself how brilliant or no different than any other decoy which I expect will be the case but they do look the part and come with height adjustable sticks

just waiting for motty to respond now :whistling::lol:

I look forward two your report good sir.

I,m not quite with you there J ?

Well, admitting that your old and tried and tested decoys and your experience may not now be doing the trick.

You said it all in your post, a dozen decoys in the right place, whatever they look like, should do the job just fine.

Well, admitting that your old and tried and tested decoys and your experience may not now be doing the trick.

You said it all in your post, a dozen decoys in the right place, whatever they look like, should do the job just fine.

oh right, I didn't say they may not be doing the trick I said they are starting to fall apart and look tired and I needed some new ones I have highlighted it in the op

and yes I agree with the other statement but as I said I needed some new decoys so went for them

Just when you think there is nothing else they can do to improve the pigeon decoy they come up with the enforcer , are they worth the money and more importantly do they do the business ?.

I think the second question will answer first one after being field tested doing what they were intended to do , going by looks they would work fine.

Look forward to yickdaz giving his opinion after giving them a good trial. :good:

Its a bit like fishing, they cast out the bait and wait for someone to grab it or rather 'pay ' for it,my fishing box is full of gadgets and bits that are supposed to make catching fish easy but hardly any of them work, decoys are a real dilemma,spinning wings,flapping wings,pecking heads,birds flying around in tiny circles,sitting in trees,nodding , wobbling,flying like kites,zooming up and down on long poles,even dead birds thrown into the pattern as a bird fly's past,

Well I have stuck with my 30 shells for years, after struggling to get results I invested in the sillosock covers which are a bit pricey but boy do they work, in the wind they puff out to look like full bodied, the ultra violet white bits with the very realistic feather finish makes them very effective, I would not be without them now, but having said that as soon as I start knocking down birds I take in the shells and stick the dead birds out on cradles, you can't beat the real thing, and they only cost a cartridge each. :yes::yes:

Edited by lakeside1000

I haven't owned an artificial pigeon decoy for many years now. I can't see why the enforcer decoys would not work, they look lifelike enough to me.

I keep hearing about silosocks etc being better than the real thing. Somehow ii doubt it.

Good look with the new decoys Daz, you have fieldcraft experience so there is no doubt they will work.

You are Gullible, though :lol:

I haven't owned an artificial pigeon decoy for many years now. I can't see why the enforcer decoys would not work, they look lifelike enough to me.

I keep hearing about silosocks etc being better than the real thing. Somehow ii doubt it.

Good look with the new decoys Daz, you have fieldcraft experience so there is no doubt they will work.

You are Gullible, though :lol:

oh they will work,

and I,m with you I don't like the sillosocks either others will swear by them, as for gullible maybe I am, but as I keep stating I needed some new decoys and thought I would give them a try,there are thousands of shooters who use them and I bet there are loads of members on here who do but don't post :good:

Just when you think there is nothing else they can do to improve the pigeon decoy they come up with the enforcer , are they worth the money and more importantly do they do the business ?.

I think the second question will answer first one after being field tested doing what they were intended to do , going by looks they would work fine.

Look forward to yickdaz giving his opinion after giving them a good trial. :good:

well that was the point of the post, I know there are a lot of doubters about them and thought it might be of interest

It's time for me to Come Out on the open forum!!!! I have approx fifty artificial decoys all neatly packed away in the garage never used in years. I used to set out thirty plastics with two birds as flyers as my standard set up and found that when I shot birds and put them out and brought the decoys in the decoying effect was improved. So approx ten years ago I started taking twelve natural decoys out and the decoying effect was instant.

Daz, you will decoy with enforcer decoys, only you can judge how effective they are over your aged decoys. Good luck.

I know you only use dead dead birds pc its in every report you post , the only reason I use artificial is simple to save on weight 12 plastics weigh less than 12 real birds,when you have to carry a lot of gear over a distance , the first half dozen shot are put on cradles and then the rest are just laid out along side them until there are about 30 dead birds in the pattern if they are coming in well that is, the rest are brought back to the hide as we tidy the pattern up

Edited by yickdaz

Have been toying with purchasing a set myself yickdaz but have held back at the price they are its a bit daunting when you can buy shell decoys and upgrade them yourself for half the price or use shot birds on cradles for nowt can anyone tell me if they do actually make a difference or not?

Have been toying with purchasing a set myself yickdaz but have held back at the price they are its a bit daunting when you can buy shell decoys and upgrade them yourself for half the price or use shot birds on cradles for nowt can anyone tell me if they do actually make a difference or not?

the way I look at when you buy decoying equipment it lasts years or it should do its not something you have to pay out for every week or every month I had a rotary for 10 years that I paid £50 for until it packed up I have a stealth net that I bought in 2004 for £25 and still use it along with other nets the last lot of decoys I bought were in 2009 you see were I,m coming from :good:

Blimey, you can get 10 Flexicoys cheaper then these. Not too clever though if you have to carry your kit more than a few yards. I got mine sometime towards the end of the last century and they're even heavier now than when new owing to the amount of 6&1/2 shot they've been injected with. Still perfectly good to go though.

Were they any better than his old decoys? He never said if that's a normal bag for him or not

As he didn't say, I'm not sure of to which type Post #21 refers.

If, as is self evident, YD is happy that these (Enforcer) do work, then, surely, that is all that matters regarding performance. In view of the cost, the only other factor you could consider is longevity. Should he still be using the same ones in some 10 or more years time, then the initial outlay was well worth paying.