Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Duh, that’s a fairly obvious statement- you wouldn’t let me use your Bodyshop and buy goods through it at trade prices and for you to not expect anything, would you? If so, I need some white for the R1 🙂

You wish to play with on the golf course, you play to the club rules....

24 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Yes, in short, whilst they may not like us, they like our money, our fishing etc.

We in turn benefit too, it’s not a one way street. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

We in turn benefit too, it’s not a one way street. 

So your compatriots ask for evidence  - so your turn to supply?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rewulf said:

I think I see the problem with this Brexit thingy now... 

FB_IMG_1568744217524.jpg

You,ve hit the nail on the head!

14 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Duh, that’s a fairly obvious statement- you wouldn’t let me use your Bodyshop and buy goods through it at trade prices and for you to not expect anything, would you? If so, I need some white for the R1 🙂

You wish to play with on the golf course, you play to the club rules....

We in turn benefit too, it’s not a one way street. 

Yes we give them  £13 BILLION, and they kindly give us just £4 BILLION back ! You are right, it is not a one way street, it,s a 4 lane street, and we have only one of those lanes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scully said:

If the EU are so fed up of the UK, why don’t they just kick us out? Or am I missing something? 😃

1) A Billion extortion racket fees a month is probably something to do with it.  To run number 2.

2) A huge trade deficit.

3) A dumping ground for their unemployed.

4) Our intelligence services.

The list could go on.

Edited by JRDS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

So your compatriots ask for evidence  - so your turn to supply?

Open markets/ custom freedoms/ work place Eu working time directive/ Eu derived flight compensation/ commonality of standards reducing consumer and manufacturing costs for differing markets/ access to fishing rights / common laws which makes reciprocal  trading simpler and cheaper/ fixation of tarries/ farming and work place subsidies/ Belgian waffles ( just to see if your still reading)/ Eu research funding/ ehic health travel for hapless accident prone Brits abroad/ EU roaming charges for mobiles instead of the old £1.50 per min plus charges/ it gave you the ‘angel of the north- plus numerous other funding of Public and Private buildings and enterprises either directly or via grants ( places such as Liverpool has received over 1.6billion in EU regeneration funding over a ten year period- see, it’s not just ‘them countries’ that benefit from regeneration grants)

Oh I’m getting dizzy just thinking about how I could write a whole dissertation, but you guys know I’m not that way inclined - I could cut n paste as some like to do :-), but I won’t 

We argue that we’re a net contributor which is true, but doesn’t that happen in many aspects of life? Relatives or friends pay for those worse off, help others more needy out? We are known for our generosity when it comes to fund raising events- take Live Aid, that wasn’t all for us and drew on images of another Country, yet we didn’t stand up and say “that’s not fair, we should keep it for this Country” 

Is laughable that when our contributions are mentioned, that it’s said that we should not give it to the EU, but spend it at home- do you honestly think that it would all be ploughed into the UK? or more likely used to service current debt levels and Pension liabilities etc

I like a bit of the old football, sure prefer playing alongside other teams,  than kicking the ball against the wall on my own ! 

Edited by Jaymo
Distracted by the ‘monsters’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JRDS said:

1) A Billion extortion racket fees a month is probably something to do with it.  To run number 2.

2) A huge trade deficit.

3) A dumping ground for their unemployed.

4) Our intelligence services.

The list could go on.

Points one and two ( see above) 

Point three- really? And you know this because you work for the DWP and can tell the proportion of claimants? I mean, it’s not like we have any Brits claiming abroad would we.......

Point four, ever heard of sharing of information and intelligence? Or do we say “Pierre or Gunter” ( I’m sticking with French and German names as the other 25 nations never seem to be mentioned as either benefiting or contributing) “I have some info on naughty Mr so n so” for them to never ring up and say “Bonjour my little roast beef. Listen carefully, I shall say this only once” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, henry d said:

Empty words, any evidence from this century?

 

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

What ever evidence we gave you, you would not accept it. Your mind is closed, that has been obvious for some time.

 

2 hours ago, henry d said:

No, seriously, give me something recent.

....please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The UK consultancy industry also benefits hugely from EU membership through expenditure on projects across member states by selling our knowledge from project management to design. Not counting collaboration in R&D, Bio Chem, Aerospace, Space flight, the list of benefits is endless all for a measly few billion pounds. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Points one and two ( see above) 

Point three- really? And you know this because you work for the DWP and can tell the proportion of claimants? I mean, it’s not like we have any Brits claiming abroad would we.......

Point four, ever heard of sharing of information and intelligence? Or do we say “Pierre or Gunter” ( I’m sticking with French and German names as the other 25 nations never seem to be mentioned as either benefiting or contributing) “I have some info on naughty Mr so n so” for them to never ring up and say “Bonjour my little roast beef. Listen carefully, I shall say this only once” 

Are you Polish or just a Southerner living in Jezas little enclave?  Item 1 & 2 I don't give a Monkeys about anything you see as a benefit in your post in the real world.

Item three a million Brit Pensioners in the main live in the EU spending their Pensions whilst 3 1/2 Million low wage EU claimants live here.

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

The UK consultancy industry also benefits hugely from EU membership through expenditure on projects across member states by selling our knowledge from project management to design. Not counting collaboration in R&D, Bio Chem, Aerospace, Space flight, the list of benefits is endless all for a measly few billion pounds. 

 

Once again you totally miss the point, it ain't about the economy or any of the things you mention it's the social impact and the impact on our infastructure and services.  Schools, Doctors, Hospitals, Law and Order etc etc etc!! 

Edited by JRDS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

Duh, that’s a fairly obvious statement- you wouldn’t let me use your Bodyshop and buy goods through it at trade prices and for you to not expect anything, would you? If so, I need some white for the R1 🙂

You wish to play with on the golf course, you play to the club rules....

 

I don’t think anyone is complaining about the trade aspect, nor would they expect it to be a one way street; wasn’t beneficial trade both ways what we all signed up for in 197whatever? Nobody mentioned anything about ceding sovereignty, legislation, border controls, or the UK as a country being absorbed into the EU empire. The EU refers to its member countries as ‘states’ for a reason you know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have had to remove a post this evening which was personally insulting toward another member.  The poster's access to the forum has been permanently withdrawn as a result.

A reminder that we will no longer tolerate personal insults on the forum and that we will now take action without further warning if it starts again, irrespective of who is involved. 

Please take this on board, discuss things like sportsmen, and dont be the next person we have to remove.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2019 at 19:25, Scully said:

Are they only extremists if they don’t agree with your point of view? 

Very well said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JRDS said:

Are you Polish or just a Southerner living in Jezas little enclave?  Item 1 & 2 I don't give a Monkeys about anything you see as a benefit in your post in the real world.

Item three a million Brit Pensioners in the main live in the EU spending their Pensions whilst 3 1/2 Million low wage EU claimants live here.

Once again you totally miss the point, it ain't about the economy or any of the things you mention it's the social impact and the impact on our infastructure and services.  Schools, Doctors, Hospitals, Law and Order etc etc etc!! 

You really are a touchy one ........

Polish? Er nope ( but boy oh boy did they fight well in the War and here on British soil too, forget that one? Had to mention the War as it seems it crops up all the time)  

Southerner in London? Er nope - unless Norfolk is a bit too far south for you 

Back to item three, is it really 3 1/2 mill or did the nice man on the telly tell you that! How many of Brits claim “the Social” in EU countries? I’m not the best betting person but I’m prepared to place a bet on the numbers being significant. Having lived in France and being entitled to child benefits etc and other amounts for my wife as she doesn’t work, I can only multiply that by the millions who also live and work within the EU- if this was a game of ‘Top Trumps’ then my horsepower outnumbered yours ( god, are Top Trumps still available?)

So, it’s only them “Silly old Pensioners” spending in Europe- well I guess you overlooked the amount spent by British tourists every year abroad, think many more are spending a grand a week on holibubs than 3.5 mill pensioners spend on food a week - you do holiday don’t you?

Sorry Mr Zapp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just posting to see if it’s me who’s been banned! 

Nope, still here! 😀

Edited by Scully
Just checking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Just posting to see if it’s me who’s been banned! 

Not you (or me!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, oowee said:

Traveling down m5 lots of illumonated signs. I commented that it wud be good if all tgose voting brexit could be taxed to pay for it all. Wife reminded me that would be unfair as many will have expired.

IMG-20190918-WA0000.jpeg

Apparently, things aren't as ready as they should be. The quote below is from the comment section of another website and comes from a logistics manager who, from what I can make out from his previous comments on that board, runs a pretty big operation. In other words I think he knows what he's talking about...

 ...you suggested a 'permit' to the port system and I have said we won't be sending trucks down unless we have clearance but a slight snag and we will have no choice the Govt aren't going that way. It's going to be (and why I haven't posted this before as this may change and a bit second hand) first come first served and you can get in the queue with no clearance, with clearance still having to queue, pop up DEPS e.g. Ebbsfleet car park D won't help. There is no golden ticket to get you past this. To make it worse vehicles that take back routes and jump the queue the govt are suggesting it's down to the port of Dover and the Tunnel to police it. Apparently at a meeting last week it caused some one from the Tunnel group to shout "This is ****" and port of Dover reps to put their head in their hands (2 sitting next to one of our reps) bit of a bun fight by all accounts
A sensible mitigation doesn't seem to be forth coming. So... we may be facing queues. Course they might come to their senses so take this how you want.

But we'll see...

Anyway, an edit to add in the latest. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-boris-johnson-deal-plan-deadline-ultimatum-latest-a9111066.html

" EU leaders have given Boris Johnson an ultimatum to come up with a new Brexit plan by the end of September or face up to a no deal.

The deadline, agreed at a meeting in Paris on Wednesday evening, comes as the bloc’s chief negotiator Michel Barnier told Mr Johnson to stop “pretending” to negotiate. On Wednesday evening French president Emmanuel Macron – who has taken the hardest line against the UK – met with Antti Rinne, Finland’s prime minister and the current holder of the rotating EU Council presidency.

“If the UK wants to discuss alternatives to the existing Brexit agreement then these must be presented before the end of the month,” Mr Rinne told reporters after the meeting in which the deadline was agreed. “We are both concerned about what is happening in Britain right now and the confusion that is going on from there to Europe. If no proposals are forthcoming, I believe that quite a few European leaders agree with the position. Then it’s over. Now is the time to come up with clear presentations and make them verifiable.”

As I said on this thread a couple of days ago  Europe was very obviously starting to lose patience with the dog and pony show that masquerades as political and governmental process in the UK. So it looks like they've finally had enough and it'll be No Deal Brexit according to schedule -  because there's about zero chance of Britain coming up with a viable alternative to the WA agreement. To illustrate how hopeless it is,  apparently Juncker, at their lunch yesterday actually had  to explain to Johnson the mechanics of how the Single Market works, and Johnson was left looking around at his aides saying 'Is this true?' Incredible really, but there we are. To paraphrase a saying - lions led by clowns.

Interesting times....

Edited by Retsdon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

You really are a touchy one ........

Polish? Er nope ( but boy oh boy did they fight well in the War and here on British soil too, forget that one? Had to mention the War as it seems it crops up all the time)  

Southerner in London? Er nope - unless Norfolk is a bit too far south for you 

Back to item three, is it really 3 1/2 mill or did the nice man on the telly tell you that! How many of Brits claim “the Social” in EU countries? I’m not the best betting person but I’m prepared to place a bet on the numbers being significant. Having lived in France and being entitled to child benefits etc and other amounts for my wife as she doesn’t work, I can only multiply that by the millions who also live and work within the EU- if this was a game of ‘Top Trumps’ then my horsepower outnumbered yours ( god, are Top Trumps still available?)

So, it’s only them “Silly old Pensioners” spending in Europe- well I guess you overlooked the amount spent by British tourists every year abroad, think many more are spending a grand a week on holibubs than 3.5 mill pensioners spend on food a week - you do holiday don’t you?

Sorry Mr Zapp

Not touchy at all, just totally sick of anti British people like yourself and 85% of Parliament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m Anti British am I? Can you also tell me what I had for dinner too?

Just because I have an opinion on the EU and Britain’s standing among the Community, doesn’t mean I’m ‘anti British’ 

Should we all be breaking out into a chorus of ‘Land of Hope and Glory’ 

Times have moved on from Downton Abbey ( cracking show that though) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep you are very anti British, maybe you should go forthright back to France if you think its so great and I doubt your benefits if needed would match the UK's by a mile. Maybe thats why there are so many boats on the Channel full of Migrants risking their lives to sponge of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JRDS said:

Yep you are very anti British, maybe you should go forthright back to France if you think its so great and I doubt your benefits if needed would match the UK's by a mile. Maybe thats why there are so many boats on the Channel full of Migrants risking their lives to sponge of us.

Or they had been bled dry of so many resources by us they think that some form of recompense is necessary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, henry d said:

Or they had been bled dry of so many resources by us they think that some form of recompense is necessary?

Come on? Really, I've said before if Europe is so great why do so many refugees travel through Europe and risk the channel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

okay guys, what type of relationship with the EU does Turkey have regarding trade etc.i know that if i go to France and apply for work i will not get a job why? they actively employ french unless there is no one skilled at that job and they are fined if this is not adhered to i tried to get a job myself and was told french jobs for french people but as i did not record the incident i have no prooff. on subject 2 if germany goes into recession and jobs are on the line where will the axe strike?   here mini rolls bentley cheaper to closedown here than germany oh i forgot vauxhall which is making a proffit but not opel that is why GM sold it as to close down in germany would have been astronomicle under german law  and vauxhall was making a proffitt.               This setup has never been a level playing field and never will with germany ruling the roost.   3 .what type of border does Albania have with EU it is not a member  how is it patrolled how do goods flow every one thinks i am living in the70, not true i just dont like being lied to by our leaders and if we stay in heaven help us we will be no stronger than a parish  council  i walk through liecester city and find it hard to find an english voice i am not a racist and wonder how do we cope with the influx where are we finding the extra work homes doctors etc surely we must be able to have some control as it is getting to apoint where the workwanters will outnuber jobs rant over just a point about french dole it lasts for 2yrs  and it costs 25EUROS to see  a doctor as my sister found out.just imagine paying here

Edited by armsid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, henry d said:

Or they had been bled dry of so many resources by us they think that some form of recompense is necessary?

WHAT ? are you serious? the Calais Migrants are predominantly Eritrain, Afghan and increasingly Vietnamese. How have we bled any of them dry of anything? You really are a loose cannon Henry, you say things without engaging drive. Frankly, its getting a bit tedious

Even if my great grandfather had colonised their great grandfather's country 150 years ago, that's not my problem or my responsibility, as it happens he didn't,  but either way I don't give a flying f-f-fig   

Edited by Vince Green

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...