Why so many planes flying over the UK?

fern01

Can anyone explain why with the airports closed and the country in strict lockdown why are there so many planes flying over the UK

I can understand some are carrying essential freight, post etc

Source:  https:/www.flightradar24.com/

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Airports are still open, passenger flights are still coming in from New York, Madrid, Barcelona, China. Italy etc Crazy but TRUE

Passengers are not undergoing any checks on arrival and are being allowed to just walk out of the airport and get on public transport

Piers Morgan was having a go about it on Good Morning today

Edited by Vince Green

Maybe Chris Packham is still flying birdwatchers to far flung corners of the world and charging them obscene amounts of money?........understandable really.....he probably needs the 💰........to pay for self publicity and to persecute anyone who doesn’t agree with him

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Airports are still open, passenger flights are still coming in from New York, Madrid, Barcelona, China. Italy etc Crazy but TRUE

Passengers are not undergoing any checks on arrival and are being allowed to just walk out of the airport and get on public transport

You lost all credibility by quoting Piers Morgan and that you watch Good Morning. 

Just now, panoma1 said:

Maybe Chris Packham is still flying birdwatchers to far flung corners of the world and charging them obscene amounts of money?........understandable really.....he probably needs the 💰........to pay for self publicity and to persecute anyone who doesn’t agree with him

hello, he was on TV last night, DID YOU NOT WATCH HIM ??? no me neither:good:

6 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

hello, well at least he gets some things right !!!!! yes i agree to, no flights no risk !!!!!

11 minutes ago, AVB said:

You lost all credibility by quoting Piers Morgan and that you watch Good Morning. 

You can go on Heathrow Flight arrivals and check if you don't believe me. Cargo flights don't land at passenger terminals. I can't imagine who is on them, last thing I would want to do is spend eight hours on a plane from New York

I don't like Piers Morgan but he is by far the best at interviewing the politicians at the moment because he doesn't let them off the hook. The BBC ones just say thank you for that and let it go

Edited by Vince Green

I think we are all guilty of living in our own little bubbles at times. As well as freight it's imperative that international routes are kept open where possible to deal with extreme circumstances requiring travel.

I held this belief previously but it really hit home to me in the early hours of Friday morning when I learnt that my former girlfriend from Kenya's father was the first confirmed COVD-19 death in their home country.

She is in Cairo, with sisters in Norway and Dubai. Not only are they trying to cope with the sudden loss of the head of their family but they are also dealing with the rest of the family there being in forced isolation, with an extremely frail mother, as well as a backlash from the media and public at large. If these ladies feel they need to get back to their homeland at this time I'm not rightly sure who justifiably believes it should not be an option for them...

I disagree with him on this. I believe we should be more controlled and ALSO that Government should make absolutely clear who and what can be done.  I had a farmer call me this morning with rooks hitting some drilled beans and I had to say no.  One because I personally am sitting tight and as I explained to him to do so may jeopardise my SGC/FAC and he understood.

23 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I disagree with him on this. I believe we should be more controlled and ALSO that Government should make absolutely clear who and what can be done.  I had a farmer call me this morning with rooks hitting some drilled beans and I had to say no.  One because I personally am sitting tight and as I explained to him to do so may jeopardise my SGC/FAC and he understood.

If they were to be that prescriptive it would be a very long list. Also BASC  have said pest control is allowed as long as you maintain distancing rules and have been requested to by the land owner (and I am not aware of any police forces saying it is banned) so no fear to your certs. The farmer who I shoot for (I only have one) has said he will prioritise shooting in the future for those who have helped him out during this period. 

Edited by AVB

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Yep, just fantastic? Words fail!