Cummings in the soup?

Retsdon

1 hour ago, treetree said:

The thing I find most alarming about this story is that there has obviously been media suppression in not printing the story when it happened. 

More likely they had to wait for corroboration from the police of the eyewitness’ report & of subsequent police involvement, which doesn’t happen quickly, then wait for a response from Cummings/No10 before going to print. 

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He drove from london to durham knowing that both he and his wife were infected. Theres no way they did that with a 4 yr old without stopping somewhere for loo breaks and no doubt needed to fill the car too. The man is a complete purple helmet.

Edited by MirokuMK70

4 minutes ago, MirokuMK70 said:

He drove from london to durham knowing that both he and his wife were infected. Theres no way they did that with a 4 yr old without stopping somewhere for loo breaks and no doubt needed to fill the car too. The man is a complete purple helmet.

The official advice is, if parents become too ill to look after a child, and there are no family members to step in, to put the child in the care of the local authority. Well, Cummings did have family and so he followed that advice. I’d have done the same and can’t believe there are any parents who would have done any different.

Don't know how reliable they are but the Ovserver is reporting today that there are witnesses who claim they saw Cummings with his wife and son out and about 30 miles away from his parent's place during the time that he's claiming he was sick and isolated.

If anyone manages to dig up CCTV evidence or whatever to support these claims, that'll almost certainly be tickets for him. This story's still got some legs in it yet......

12 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Don't know how reliable they are but the Ovserver is reporting today that there are witnesses who claim they saw Cummings with his wife and son out and about 30 miles away from his parent's place during the time that he's claiming he was sick and isolated.

If anyone manages to dig up CCTV evidence or whatever to support these claims, that'll almost certainly be tickets for him. This story's still got some legs in it yet......

It certainly has. It’s rapidly becoming the crime of the century, no doubt MI5 will be making door to door enquiries as we speak. 👍

7 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You might hate him, some of us are convinced he's the best thing since sliced bread!:good:

Well that just reinforces my opinion to be honest, so thanks for that.

4 hours ago, Scully said:

I know how you feel. I still despise Alastair Campbell, and for the same reasons as you touch on above, yet there he was on the radio this very morning, spouting off all the reasons Cummings should go.
I doubt the irony passed him by. I despise and loathe the man. 

I was / am certainly no fan either. What I do find curious is that this government appear to have members of the public voluntarily acting as their spin doctors, not just here but facebook and pretty much wherever else I look.

5 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Well that just reinforces my opinion to be honest, so thanks for that.

I was / am certainly no fan either. What I do find curious is that this government appear to have members of the public voluntarily acting as their spin doctors, not just here but facebook and pretty much wherever else I look.

I’m totally indifferent to the fate of Cummings and most politicians to be fair. I do quite like Boris however, as I think he has great potential, but he’s in a no win situation, as most politicians are. 

That doesn’t mean I feel sorry for him, I don’t have sympathy for any of them...they wanted the job. 

Do you know Dominic worked in klute  nightclub in Durham as a young man ,it was a bit of a sh#thole, and he pulled himself out of that,and if you’d been there you’d no what I mean, so extracting himself from this will be a mere bagatelle!

No view on the incident myself, plus the man is not the type of bloke I would become friendly with. However he must have something going for him. He was very influential in delivering Brexit and annihilating Corbyn labour.  I would moth ball him and keep him for his final task, destroying that irritating little tart from Scotland. Then he will have outlived his use, thanks and bye bye.

Just now, Paul5tag said:

Do you know Dominic worked in klute  nightclub in Durham as a young man ,it was a bit of a sh#thole, and he pulled himself out of that,and if you’d been there you’d no what I mean, so extracting himself from this will be a mere bagatelle!

He has a very middle class background from the information I read previously on him.

6 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

What I do find curious is that this government appear to have members of the public voluntarily acting as their spin doctors,

The UK is following the Yanks down the path of politics as tribal warfare. You pick a team and barrack for them, regardless. 

Imagine if Diane Abbot had driven 270 miles in the middle of the lockdown (knowingly carrying the virus) and then concocted a whole fabricated story about 'emerging into lockdown London' and sold it to the newspaper? This off topic section would glowing red with outrage!

It's actually funny....except that this kind of politics doesn't really answer in a healthy democracy.

3 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

The UK is following the Yanks down the path of politics as tribal warfare. You pick a team and barrack for them, regardless. 

Imagine if Diane Abbot had driven 270 miles in the middle of the lockdown (knowingly carrying the virus) and then concocted a whole fabricated story about 'emerging into lockdown London' and sold it to the newspaper? This off topic section would glowing red with outrage!

It's actually funny....except that this kind of politics doesn't really answer in a healthy democracy.

Indeed, but nothing justifies defending the indefensible.

1 hour ago, Mighty Ruler said:

The official advice is, if parents become too ill to look after a child, and there are no family members to step in, to put the child in the care of the local authority. Well, Cummings did have family and so he followed that advice. I’d have done the same and can’t believe there are any parents who would have done any different.

I think you are right, i would have done it.

24 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Wouldn’t that be great! The thing is though, I heard Diane Abbot was busy elsewhere, campaigning to free the Covid 19. 🙂

1 hour ago, Mighty Ruler said:

I would not have done similar. I would not risk infection of my parents. I would just man up, very unlikely two healthy young adults would be bed bound. There are always illnesses, being a parent you just have to cope no matter how you are feeling. If you are both completely immobile or one has been hospitalised and the other is I’ll then the situation would need review. But it would not be my elderly parents at the other end of the country put in the firing line. 

Whatever your view on Cummings, it is clear that there is a campaign to get him out. I honestly believe it has nothing to do with his trip, which is just something for certain people to hang their hat on.

He has too much power for many people and others seem afraid of what he will whisper in Johnson's ear.

A witch hunt - full stop.

I think he will be here for some time to come. Let's see if he is still here at the end of next week.