Demonstrations in london

TRINITY

26 minutes ago, clangerman said:

what trial the system will make sure the officer is convicted and given a long sentence to appease people which is also wrong 

I give up, I really do. This is like trying to reason with and explain something to a three year old! 
There is no rhyme or reason to your posts, they just seem to bounce around like a demented power ball in a padded cell! Someone tries to reason or explain something to you and rather than think it through, or consider it, you just go off on a completely different and illogical tangent! Extremely hard and unrewarding work, and a complete and utter waste of time. 

9 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

640x360_41129P00-XLTKK.jpg

It's amazing how an image can stir such emotions - and be used to manipulate people's thoughts.

Taking this image at face value and relating it to the current situation, I would imagine it would be difficult for anyone not to be slightly moved or taken aback by it.

But anyone that knows the real origin and story behind this pic is aware it has nothing to do with the current headlines but instead represents it's own real life tragedy involving systemic failure.

I suspect you are right, sadly.

What really moved me last night was the interview with the black police chief who broke down while explaining that three of his officers were in hospital. He just seemed lost, poor bloke. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Scully said:

I give up, I really do. This is like trying to reason with and explain something to a three year old! 
There is no rhyme or reason to your posts, they just seem to bounce around like a demented power ball in a padded cell! Someone tries to reason or explain something to you and rather than think it through, or consider it, you just go off on a completely different and illogical tangent! Extremely hard and unrewarding work, and a complete and utter waste of time. 

i took the mods warning on board to be civil suggest you do also or do the rules only apply to a three year old who’s like a demented power ball? 

14 minutes ago, clangerman said:

i took the mods warning on board to be civil suggest you do also or do the rules only apply to a three year old who’s like a demented power ball? 

Believe me, I was being civil.  Anyhow, you and me will just ignore each other from now on, ok? 👍

17 minutes ago, clangerman said:

Wouldn’t worry about- I’ve been called worse. More importantly, surely a power ball in a padded cell won’t bound since the padding will absorb the energy that the ball needs to bounce. I think you will find what you meant to say was “bounce around like a power ball in cell comprising only of hard surfaces and no enclosed spaces in which such a ball could trapped”

24 minutes ago, Scully said:

What really moved me last night was the interview with the black police chief who broke down while explaining that three of his officers were in hospital. He just seemed lost, poor bloke. 

Yes, I saw that too, what a strong man, much respect to him.

43 minutes ago, clangerman said:

no of coarse he should but he has no chance of a fair trial if he is not jailed the streets will erupt but that is no reason to deny him a fair shout no matter what people think of him 

Youve lost the plot pal , he was a murdering scumbag yesterday according to you :no:

45 minutes ago, Scully said:

Believe me, I was being civil.  Anyhow, you and me will just ignore each other from now on, ok? 👍

no need for that i find your stuff quite good i’m just putting a stop to people over stepping the leeway i give them to laugh at my views i try not to insult people so need i should take it mate that’s all 

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Youre quite funny clangerman , Ill give you that .

So the man directly responsible for Floyds death, you want him to get a fair trial, but he wont get one, yet yesterday he was a 'fat cretin' and a 'bully' with a badge who would not get convicted because the system is bent ?
Make your mind up.

the point was despite what i think of him he’s not going to get a fair trial never said he won’t get convicted the system will make sure he is enjoy the laugh by all means my views must seem very odd at times lol 

4 minutes ago, clangerman said:

the point was despite what i think of him he’s not going to get a fair trial never said he won’t get convicted the system will make sure he is enjoy the laugh by all means my views must seem very odd at times lol 

So the system will make sure the fat murdering cretin will get convicted, even if hes innocent ?

Its all clear to me now , thank you :good:

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

So the system will make sure the fat murdering cretin will get convicted, even if hes innocent ?

Its all clear to me now , thank you :good:

now that is funny lol but yes he will be thrown to the wolves someone has to carry the can 

Having lived and worked in the US my view is that he wasn't treated that way specifically because he was black. A white person could just as easily have been treated exactly the same way.

The problem is that the police over there have always been unaccountable. The only difference now is it was filmed on somebody's phone

On 02/06/2020 at 12:04, clangerman said:

absolutely not all i’m interested in is the truth you can bet your life the officers with the one on his neck will back the video to save their necks nobody even criminals deserve to be choked to death 

Not until it affects one of your own…….🙄

5 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Having lived and worked in the US my view is that he wasn't treated that way specifically because he was black. A white person could just as easily have been treated exactly the same way.

Agreed, but that particular nuance doesn't fit the media narrative, nor the agendas of the people who would happily see Rome burn because they can't stand Nero Trump.  This includes most of the media.

Reality is, if he was a white 'tweaker' - you wouldn't have heard of this.

7 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The problem is that the police over there have always been unaccountable. The only difference now is it was filmed on somebody's phone

50 states, many different police forces, all with different training regimes and operating procedures.  Add in State Troopers, Highway patrol, the various government agencies (ATF, DEA, ICE...).  Makes it very hard to know who is supposed to be doing what.

We have enough of a muddle in this country where we have 40-odd separate fiefdoms, sorry Police forces, and they can't even be bothered to have consistent position on shooting during COVID-19,  despite nominating a person responsible to co-ordinate.

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

😀 There comes a time when you just have to cut your losses.......🙂

You put a lot more effort in than I could have, I'll give you that👍  I just put a cabbage next to my laptop, painted a face on it and asked it all the same questions………… Not once did it virtue signal or talk twaddle👍🥴

8 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

John Boyega delivers an impassioned speech at Hyde Park with a loud hailer sporting a "Tories Out, Corbyn In" sticker - give me strength 🙄

is he that american chappy out of star wars ?

5 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

John Boyega delivers an impassioned speech at Hyde Park with a loud hailer sporting a "Tories Out, Corbyn In" sticker - give me strength 🙄

+1

Aah yes I remember those days when labour eradicated racism and police brutality, reminds me of when Obama was in the White House, and nothing like this would have been allowed to happen...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferguson_unrest Trump was Pres in 2014 wasnt he ?

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

He was the stormtrooper who turned his back on his white fascist outfit, and turned to the rebels and the ways of the 'force' :lol:

Just now, ditchman said:

Born and bred in London, based on what I picked up in between all the profanity in his speech. Another own goal.

Just now, Rewulf said:

+1

Aah yes I remember those days when labour eradicated racism and police brutality, reminds me of when Obama was in the White House, and nothing like this would have been allowed to happen...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferguson_unrest Trump was Pres in 2014 wasnt he ?

Perhaps naively, I just assumed it was leftover from a previous rally, either way, he hit the back of the net again (his own one).