Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi gang.

               I started clay shooting in 1981 and am now on my 17th shotgun.  Each time i've said this will be a keeper but i

                see something else that's nice and want one. The one i bought on Tuesday is a Browning xs pro 30" sporter

                and its nice. The money i've wasted i could of bought a Purdey. Watch this space. I've had my CZ .22 for

                15 years and never wanted to change it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This could be me🤣  I've had a few too - though maybe not as many as 17 ( just counted its actually 18  - however I've  shot a Blaser for the last two years, which is probably the gun that I should've had long ago... It just seems to fit - balance perfectly, my game shooting has improved to such an extent, that I feel as though I cant miss. First pheasant day this weekend so hopefully the wheels don't fall off. 

I counted on our syndicate last year and 5 of the guns were mine at one time 😬

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been exactly the same over the years, every one I purchased was “definitely a keeper”  The problem was I did just that and kept them. Realised in lockdown that I have a load of money tied up in guns that I was unable to use. I have now parted with all but 4. The new “keepers” are my Yildiz .410 (daughter) Yildiz 20g (wife) MK38+MK70 (me).

If I was brave enough to work out how much cash I have parted with over the years I suspect the remaining few hairs on my head will immediately fall out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Taileron said:

If I was brave enough to work out how much cash I have parted with over the years I suspect the remaining few hairs on my head will immediately fall out.

I have spent a good deal on shotguns, but mostly second hand, and by keeping, I have only once 'sold' at a loss (traded in in fact).  It is true that the total 'sale value' of the contents of the cabinet will be less that I have paid, much more so if inflation is considered, but that is true of the vast majority of what we buy - other than our houses).

My main 'in profit' item (apart from my house) is my old Defender, which creeps up annually.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Taileron said:

I have been exactly the same over the years, every one I purchased was “definitely a keeper”  The problem was I did just that and kept them. Realised in lockdown that I have a load of money tied up in guns that I was unable to use. I have now parted with all but 4. The new “keepers” are my Yildiz .410 (daughter) Yildiz 20g (wife) MK38+MK70 (me).

If I was brave enough to work out how much cash I have parted with over the years I suspect the remaining few hairs on my head will immediately fall out.

Imagine if it had been horses that you bought 😗

ive got to the point where I’m heading for a major restructure of the gun cabinet 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Imagine if it had been horses that you bought 😗

ive got to the point where I’m heading for a major restructure of the gun cabinet 

That's what I would call a result!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vmaxphil said:

I feel that I'm a lightweight with only 9 guns in 25 years, got 4 in the cabinet and looking to reduce it to 3 at the moment 

I'm inclined to feel that although it may seem to you 'lightweight', it looks from here like good sense and self control!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got in trouble with plod at renewal, seems that nobody actually monitors all those emails etc we dutifully send in when buying/selling, I had to upgrade my security to RFD level, might even re-apply for RFD as makes buying sooo much easier!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...