covid has caught me.

mel b3

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It'll be far better than sitting on the bog feeling sick!

Take care fella.

I arrived in work tonight and the lads were all wearing masks??

Turns out one lad had a positive result today,  so now it's the waiting game of how many more will get it, but plenty of the neigh sayers on here will still say the lockdown isn't needed, just imagine if the offices were full of staff!!

its ripped through my work , all of the supervisors and managers have it , and two binmen are running the office at the moment  . weve managed to carry on with refuse collection(although , the snow , christmas , and covid , did slow things down a bit) , but the local authorities either side , have taken a bit of a beating , and collections have suffered.

20 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

its ripped through my work , all of the supervisors and managers have it , and two binmen are running the office at the moment  . weve managed to carry on with refuse collection(although , the snow , christmas , and covid , did slow things down a bit) , but the local authorities either side , have taken a bit of a beating , and collections have suffered.

We all know things will run better with the managers out of the way 😉

12 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I hope your ok Mel 👍. Try to occupy yourself with those lumps of wood . 

I walked out to the shed yesterday , I opened the door but was too wrecked to get up the step 😊, I just locked the door and walked back into the house 😊. I'll be back at it in a few days dude 👍.

when I had it last year my chair in the sitting room to the bog was an effort - all 12 shuffles - so you are doing well to even make it to the shed. After 3 weeks I started to feel fine and did a bit in the garden and it whacked me again so when you start feeling better - take it easy.

Was back to as near normal as I ever am after 6 weeks.

Anyway enough about me and thee, I just hope Lin is ok as she is obviously the important one in your household making all those lovely bullet wallets, bolt holders and moderator covers?

Hope your recovery is quicker than mine, all the best

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

It's very strange how it has affected some more than others. I would have put money on a friend who is in his late 70's morbidly obese, diabetes, off the scale cholesterol levels but walks a lot, being taken by Covid. He had to get a test as he was in close proximity to someone else who later tested positive, his came back positive and so did his wife's, so did the second, no symptoms at all and is now clear along with his wife. Most strange.

If it has to be rum, then I suggest gunpowder proof, if it doesn't kill it cures.

covid 19 , daily update , from the black country.

i had a better nights sleep , but i still needed to use the toilet about every 45 minutes .

i still feel like a pair of tramps pants , and both my balance , and incontinence , are slightly worse (piddle is dribbling before i can get to the toilet now) , if id known about the incontinence , i wouldnt have caught covid in the first place :no: , and i had to come downstairs backwards , and on my hands and knees again, as i seem to be using someone else's eyes .

ive lost a little bit of my sense of taste and smell , but nothing too bad , and food and rum still taste ok .

ive been a little bit confused this morning , i tried to wash up after breakfast , and for the life of me , i just couldnt figure out how to get warm water from the tap (really) , my good lady wife assures me that this is nothing to do with covid , its just because ive never done the washing up before (she really knows how to hurt my feelings by telling the truth).

all things considered , im just grateful that im not on a ventilator , so im counting it as a win :good:, ive also lost 3lbs this week , i know that its just because of dehydration , but im still claiming it as a win:yes:.

thank you for the well wishes guys :good:.

that bottle of wray and nephew reminds of a dearly departed friend , loxli (kingston through and through)  would pass a couple of bottles my way every year . i well remember his outrage , when he was only allowed to buy the 60% stuff , and he referred to it as " just xxxx water" :lol: . what i wouldnt give to sit at my kitchen table and have a fag and a glass o rum with him like the old days. 

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

covid 19 , daily update , from the black country.

i had a better nights sleep , but i still needed to use the toilet about every 45 minutes .

i still feel like a pair of tramps pants , and both my balance , and incontinence , are slightly worse (piddle is dribbling before i can get to the toilet now) , if id known about the incontinence , i wouldnt have caught covid in the first place  , and i had to come downstairs backwards , and on my hands and knees again, as i seem to be using someone else's eyes .

ive lost a little bit of my sense of taste and smell , but nothing too bad , and food and rum still taste ok .

ive been a little bit confused this morning , i tried to wash up after breakfast , and for the life of me , i just couldnt figure out how to get warm water from the tap (really) , my good lady wife assures me that this is nothing to do with covid , its just because ive never done the washing up before (she really knows how to hurt my feelings by telling the truth).

all things considered , im just grateful that im not on a ventilator , so im counting it as a win :good:, ive also lost 3lbs this week , i know that its just because of dehydration , but im still claiming it as a win.

thank you for the well wishes guys :good:.

that bottle of wray and nephew reminds of a dearly departed friend , loxli (kingston through and through)  would pass a couple of bottles my way every year . i well remember his outrage , when he was only allowed to buy the 60% stuff , and he referred to it as " just xxxx water"  . what i wouldnt give to sit at my kitchen table and have a fag and a glass o rum with him like the old days. 

Highlighted lines made me laugh 😄 good luck mate

32 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Glad you are still with us and sort of coping!

Give Lin my love.

will do dave :good:.

its not too bad really , its very unpleasant , but not as bad as the time that i had full on flu many years ago.

1 minute ago, islandgun said:

Highlighted lines made me laugh 😄 good luck mate

its true lol , its like she doesnt realise just what a delicate and sensitive soul i am :lol:.

not being able to figure out how to work the tap was a very strange experience , i knew that it involved my hand and the tap , but i just couldnt figure it out .

My next door neighbour is paranoid about the virus and has hardly been out for 10 months even though he is relatively fit and healthy. He went down with all the symptoms just before Christmas - bad cough, difficulty breathing, loss of smell and taste. Had two covid tests - both negative. Weird. 

59 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

its true lol , its like she doesnt realise just what a delicate and sensitive soul i am .

not being able to figure out how to work the tap was a very strange experience , i knew that it involved my hand and the tap , but i just couldnt figure it out .

You may have stumbled upon another symptom, bad cough, diarrhoea [ those two together dont sit right TBH..🤢] and an inability to wash up, ah ive just realised my eldest daughter has had the later all her life.. poor thing

Edited by islandgun

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

You may have stumbled upon another symptom, bad cough, diarrhoea [ those two together dont sit right TBH..🤢] and an inability to wash up, ah ive just realised my eldest daughter has had the later all her life.. poor thing

Best get the teenage kids off for a test as well - same symptoms!!

I'll take this opportunity to wish you well Mel and a speedy recovery - Agency staff are never as good as the real thing :D

Edited by discobob

2 hours ago, discobob said:

Best get the teenage kids off for a test as well - same symptoms!!

I'll take this opportunity to wish you well Mel and a speedy recovery - Agency staff are never as good as the real thing :D

work have already been on the phone . it was a welfare call , but it was really a come back as soon as you can call :lol: