FIRST JABS DONE

DUNKS

Second one in April. Was amazed at the organisation we can do it if we try. I wonder if all the horror stories are just dissinformation.

If we did not have to wait ten minutes after the jab we would have been in and out in five minutes. Wife and I had consecutive appointments. Security on the car park were allowing/organising double parking for people who were dropping folk off and waiting. security also were providing wheel chairs for those that needed them. Smooth was not the word. Only six stations giving the jab but very well organised. lots of volunteers around to help. I take my hat off to whoever did the organising.

4 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

Second one in April. Was amazed at the organisation we can do it if we try. I wonder if all the horror stories are just dissinformation.

If we did not have to wait ten minutes after the jab we would have been in and out in five minutes. Wife and I had consecutive appointments. Security on the car park were allowing/organising double parking for people who were dropping folk off and waiting. security also were providing wheel chairs for those that needed them. Smooth was not the word. Only six stations giving the jab but very well organised. lots of volunteers around to help. I take my hat off to whoever did the organising.

Fantastic,  I think they are all doing amazing  , just a few months ago it was all dream . Hope you get no side affects .

10 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

5 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Fantastic,  I think they are all doing amazing  , just a few months ago it was all dream . Hope you get no side affects .

as above , well done to all involved.:good:

I have thought that there is a lot of misinformation about the process.
The few people I know that have had the vaccination all say that it was fast and efficient.
I am on the next list, so I hope thing s continue to be fine.

However, I was a bit bemused yesterday when my 40 year old (approx) Optician told me that he had had his vaccination, as an "essential worker"..
An Optician an "essential worker" ?

We had ours on Wednesday having been contacted the previous Saturday by phone to make arrangements. They took place at a local sports centre and it was manned by staff from local Doctors surgeries. It took about 50 minutes for the two of us including a 15 minute sit down to ensure we were OK. We also have our next injection dates for 11 weeks time, that is with the Pfizer jab.

So far no side effects.

Vic.

1 hour ago, Cranfield said:

The few people I know that have had the vaccination all say that it was fast and efficient.

However, I was a bit bemused yesterday when my 40 year old (approx) Optician told me that he had had his vaccination, as an "essential worker"..

i can trump your optician , with a waste care manager . apparently , his friend works at a doctors surgery , and they happened to have one jab left at the end of the day , they didnt want to waste it (and obviously didnt have a phone number for one of the thousands of other people in need) , so he got the call . the strange thing is , despite having the jab a few weeks ago , he tested positive for covid 19 on monday , and is now off work :hmm:.

1 hour ago, DUNKS said:

Where did you have to go?

15 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

i can trump your optician , with a waste care manager . apparently , his friend works at a doctors surgery , and they happened to have one jab left at the end of the day , they didnt want to waste it (and obviously didnt have a phone number for one of the thousands of other people in need) , so he got the call . the strange thing is , despite having the jab a few weeks ago , he tested positive for covid 19 on monday , and is now off work .

Thats an interesting point 😟

3 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Nice to give credit where credit is due , Glad you are both now partly protected .

2 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Feel sorry for you second and third wave folk. The needles will be getting a bit blunt by then.👍😀

Oh great and here is us saying how brave you were  😀😀  well we have had a word .for your second one  they are leaning you over a chair with a target on your backside . The nurses  get best of 3 😀😀😀

Edited by johnphilip

3 hours ago, Cranfield said:

I was at my chiropodist this afternoon. He said that his professional body have made the case for him to be classed as a front line health worker and therefore at the front of the queue. He said he didn’t agree with jumping the queue and wouldn’t be rushing to have it. 

You also have various unions making a case for their workers to be prioritised as well - teachers, postal, police, customs, refuse collectors etc. 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Booked in with my own Practise next Tuesday for both of us and already given a second date.  The Oxford one I believe. 

Not 100% positive but some way to getting things back to near normal.  It does not bother us at all but I grieve for all of those small businesses trying to stay afloat.

I’m having sleepless nights already . It’s destroying us and we are still working .

8 hours ago, mel b3 said:

i can trump your optician , with a waste care manager . apparently , his friend works at a doctors surgery , and they happened to have one jab left at the end of the day , they didnt want to waste it (and obviously didnt have a phone number for one of the thousands of other people in need) , so he got the call . the strange thing is , despite having the jab a few weeks ago , he tested positive for covid 19 on monday , and is now off work .

If its similar to the flu vaccine, it can take two to three weeks to be effective. 

15 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I don't suppose Boris will get any credit. All he will get is "It should have been done sooner", even though we are ahead of the EU.

I hope mine goes just as smoothly.

Of course he won’t.  It started with he won’t meet the mid Feb target and then as soon as it looked like they will it was suggested doubling it....

ultimately they will do it as fast as possible as it’s in everyone’s interest.  The big thing to remember is it’s only the first dose and you won’t get best protection till the second so it’s not time to relax yet but it will all help in knocking this on the head.  As we close in with more jabs done and more natural immunity from people who have had it hopefully the rates will drop accordingly

21 hours ago, Cranfield said:

Sometimes this forum makes me angry. Why wouldn't an optician be classed as an essential worker ***? People still need their eyes sorting- you clearly did. You crow about how you are next on the list but clearly think you are more deserving than someone whose job involves getting close up to a constant procession of different people every day. ****.