Sparkle Markle & Mail

ditchman

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

does he know the meaning of embaressment.............................also does he know the meaning of the word Traitor

one can well understand how and why the royals used to knock each other off in the old days 

It's not even down to that, there are things you just don't talk about in public and how many Taliban you have killed is definitely one of them.

Now for the rest of his life he will be looking over his shoulder

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

It's not even down to that, there are things you just don't talk about in public

I agree.  I'm not an expert here at all, but I think that there is a tendency these days for what I might call the 'woke' generation (typically those who believe in very openly discussing things like mental health) to have a sort belief that being fully open about things makes them miraculously 'go away'.  I know that many now think that the best way of dealing with the things that afflict us all like bereavement is to talk about them very openly - and I accept that may well be so for many people.  The older generation who were private and (to coin a phrase) "kept a stiff upper lip" are thought to be wrong and the modern way is being very open about grief and shed the tears openly etc.  My parents used to talk about people 'feeling the strain' when they were under pressures of had mental health issues that affected their behaviour.

I imagine that when Diana died suddenly and unexpectedly, the senior Royals would have been very much in the "stiff upper lip" category - they had themselves had grief and losses to deal with, HM the Q losing her father young and HRH the DofE losing a number of his close family young.  History suggests that any grieving was very much done in private.

The Duke of Sussex clearly and by his own admission has been badly affected and has seen therapists.  My guess is that they will have been very keen that he is open and talks about all the things that 'concern' him.  Unfortunately, that doesn't really work for someone in his position and from his background, and especially not when the rest of his family are very much in the 'never complain and never explain' category. 

10 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I agree.  I'm not an expert here at all, but I think that there is a tendency these days for what I might call the 'woke' generation (typically those who believe in very openly discussing things like mental health) to have a sort belief that being fully open about things makes them miraculously 'go away'.  I know that many now think that the best way of dealing with the things that afflict us all like bereavement is to talk about them very openly - and I accept that may well be so for many people.  The older generation who were private and (to coin a phrase) "kept a stiff upper lip" are thought to be wrong and the modern way is being very open about grief and shed the tears openly etc.  My parents used to talk about people 'feeling the strain' when they were under pressures of had mental health issues that affected their behaviour.

I imagine that when Diana died suddenly and unexpectedly, the senior Royals would have been very much in the "stiff upper lip" category - they had themselves had grief and losses to deal with, HM the Q losing her father young and HRH the DofE losing a number of his close family young.  History suggests that any grieving was very much done in private.

The Duke of Sussex clearly and by his own admission has been badly affected and has seen therapists.  My guess is that they will have been very keen that he is open and talks about all the things that 'concern' him.  Unfortunately, that doesn't really work for someone in his position and from his background, and especially not when the rest of his family are very much in the 'never complain and never explain' category. 

Rather astute methinks. :good:

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I agree.  I'm not an expert here at all, but I think that there is a tendency these days for what I might call the 'woke' generation (typically those who believe in very openly discussing things like mental health) to have a sort belief that being fully open about things makes them miraculously 'go away'. 

Yeah much better to bottle it up 🤔

19 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Come on then "Henry" do you think the Ginger Whinger is doing the right thing?

Not what I said. 

John is, if I have it right, saying that the discussing of difficult personal things will not "miraculously" go away if you discuss them. From a personal perspective I think he's wrong toa certainextent. I am responsible for killing people, I have gone to work with a friend and gone home but he never did, I've seen many deaths and horrific injuries,  and been there during a person's last horrific moments and I am glad I could talk to people about these moments rather than keep a stiff upper lip. Neither will get rid of the horror that you have seen or endured but I know that I would rather discuss those feelings and circumstances than not.

Edited by henry d

17 minutes ago, henry d said:

John is, if I have it right, saying that the discussing of difficult personal things will not "miraculously" go away if you discuss them.

I included this;

3 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I know that many now think that the best way of dealing with the things that afflict us all like bereavement is to talk about them very openly - and I accept that may well be so for many people.

"Bottling up" wasn't being advocated by me at all (though again it probably suits some people) but talking about anything "very openly' also needs to be done with due consideration for the feelings of other involved parties and also possible things like security of people serving in the military forces.

My personal view is that things like family matters are best discussed within the confines of family and possibly close friends - and most certainly NOT in broadcast interviews, press interviews, via 'deliberate leaks', or in published writings - and especially not for financial gain.  The only exceptions would be where all involved parties agree, but that is certainly not likely in the present case.

As for discussing events on military service I understand (and I'm not ex military, though I have friends who are) that there are 'conventions' operated by serving and retired personnel that were badly broken in this case.  He is certainly not the first to break those conventions, but that doesn't make it any better.  Some consider he may have compromised people's security (including his own).

Edited by JohnfromUK

It's a funny old world.... 

There are those with 'experience' and there are those that have less experience, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

It shouldn't attract vitriolic comments when those opinions are voiced, those that believe they have more experience should nurture and attempt to teach those they believe to be erring, from what they believe to be true, because no one knows another's life unless they have walked in their shoes... 

Some of the most respected leaders, clerics and  minds, those that preach peace, harmony, and 'godliness' have committed rape, torture and murder, against innocent men, women and children. Maybe that's just the way of the human condition...? 

Back to Harry, he has lived a privileged life, had a richness of experience most of us have no comprehension of. But reading his book, and listening to him spout about how hard done to he has been, makes me wonder if he's learned anything from his experiences. 

A person is judged by his actions, because words are cheap, and to coin a phrase, there are those that talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. 

They are those that shouldn't be taken seriously. 

Hello, I watched a lot of the interview , it seems most of the royal family did not like Megan before and after his marriage , but most of all the way the press hounded his mother and the appalling way the paparazzi responded at the crash site, rather taking photos than helping before the ambulances arrived, what young person seeing and hearing that would not be scared, and not forgetting how the royal family drove Princess Diana out of the fold , which left 1 son in turmoil , he's waited all these years to take courage and say what he feels, if I was in his position I would go back to Canada and leave bad times behind, 

27 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I watched a lot of the interview , it seems most of the royal family did not like Megan before and after his marriage , but most of all the way the press hounded his mother and the appalling way the paparazzi responded at the crash site, rather taking photos than helping before the ambulances arrived, what young person seeing and hearing that would not be scared, and not forgetting how the royal family drove Princess Diana out of the fold , which left 1 son in turmoil , he's waited all these years to take courage and say what he feels, if I was in his position I would go back to Canada and leave bad times behind, 

I believe your correct, the real cause of all this imo, is Megan exploiting Harry and his trauma, encouraging him to turn on his family, although at the end of the day none of us can know for sure what goes on behind closed doors. 

Edited by 12gauge82

25 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

he's waited all these years to take courage and say what he feels, if I was in his position I would go back to Canada and leave bad times behind

Id like to go to Canada with 50 odd million quid and leave my bad times behind.
Lets face it , hes had years to 'find the courage' but it took a scheming Hollywood B list actress to activate his testicles, with a plan to cash in on all this heart ache, and reputation be damned , because if he ends up tarnished , then hes making damn sure the royal family are too.

May be an image of 5 people and text that says 'HAROLD MARKLE in HARRY KIRI . A REPUTATION Based on the novel 'Spare"'

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

i still think dians death was set up by certain freelance photograhers..........

23 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i still think dians death was set up by certain freelance photograhers..........

Wouldn't surprise me and if correct Harry is probably aware that's a possibility. It's no wonder he's angry, but he's being manipulated and directing much of it in the wrong direction, imo. 

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Have you thought perhaps Megan was unlikeable. She seems to have fallen out with a lot of her family and the royal household staff.

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Think what you like, I believe it was a terrible accident, but either way nothing will change.

Accident or otherwise, I think the point is, Diana was being hounded by the press and Harry blames them for chasing her to her death, so it's understandable he's angry at the media. He now believes he's trying to protect Megan from the same media who are responsible for his mums death, unfortunately I don't think he realises he's being manipulated by Markle using his emotional trauma to control him. Of course it's all speculation on my part. 

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

although at the end of the day none of us can know for sure what goes on behind closed doors. 

Edited 2 hours ago by 12gauge82

This    and that's the way it should stay behind closed doors 

25 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

Have you thought perhaps Megan was unlikeable. She seems to have fallen out with a lot of her family and the royal household staff

Also agree with this 

16 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Accident or otherwise, I think the point is, Diana was being hounded by the press and Harry blames them for chasing her to her death, so it's understandable he's angry at the media. He now believes he's trying to protect Megan from the same media who are responsible for his mums death, unfortunately I don't think he realises he's being manipulated by Markle using his emotional trauma to control him. Of course it's all speculation on my part. 

That'll be the media he so hates but uses at every opportunity!

20 minutes ago, Scully said:

Here we go…..I could have laid down money we’d get here eventually! 🙂

Its in his book , apparently Charles took the Michael about it to him, much to his disgust.

Gingerism apparently , MM told him to complain about that too :w00t:

Edited by Rewulf
stupid keyboard

10 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Its in his book , apparently Charles took the Michael about it to him, much to his disgust.

Gingerism apparently , MM told him to complain about that too :w00t:

I simply can’t stomach watching anything which includes these two, but OH was telling me her mother was going on about his book this afternoon, and we were debating whether he’s ‘damaged goods’ or not.

Rightly or wrongly I’m of the opinion there’s some genuine issues going on in his head. 

35 minutes ago, Scully said:

Rightly or wrongly I’m of the opinion there’s some genuine issues going on in his head. 

His 'head' seemed OK till Ms Markle turned up.

36 minutes ago, ditchman said:

the spencers carry a red head gene....

Im sure his heritage is above board, and Ill bet theyve done the DNA test to make sure.

But your own father making jokes about your parentage much to his (alleged) disgust, is a bit below the belt, but to harbour a grudge like he has, is also a bit much , a bit rich , and a bit pathetic.
The whole , William knocked me into the dog bowl thing ? Could he not rouse oneself off the floor , and give dear Bro a damn good thrashing wot ?😄