DOUBLE WHAMMY

DUNKS

Last week parked in Asda to do the shopping, Cane out to find a long white scrape on the bumper of the car where some dear person had scraped right through the paint on the side of the car. Went in again yesterday and someone has done similar on the other side, rear door this time, actually pushed in the door panel. Lovely unmarked motor reduced to scruffy in one week.

37 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

Last week parked in Asda to do the shopping, Cane out to find a long white scrape on the bumper of the car where some dear person had scraped right through the paint on the side of the car. Went in again yesterday and someone has done similar on the other side, rear door this time, actually pushed in the door panel. Lovely unmarked motor reduced to scruffy in one week.

At least both sides match now!

There's no way someone can do that without noticing. Clearly cowards and thugs shop at Asda

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

Parking spaces are ridiculously small; we’re not in the 1940’s anymore. 
Carlisle hospital parking spaces are ludicrously small. 

Still no excuse for hitting another car.

Mind I suppose with the seriously obese I see on these car parks just opening the car door needs two spaces or remove the door.

Edited by Walker570

Just now, Gordon R said:

They need to have a new minimum size for a parking space. It will be an hourly occurrence on ASDA or any other car park.

(I'm so dull) This has been running on for a few years. Spaces were designed to be a universal standard based on the average width of a car. But that was drawn up decades ago in the advent of supermarkets and shopping centres where people began to come by car more than by bus. As the idea of having trading estates and supermarkets being out of the city centres and based on road networks not bus networks or local shopping. So spaces were designed for the new standard of family motor and the family trip to shops became a thing.

Then cars got wider and wider, first through modernising safety features (side airbags) then because everyone apparently needs a massive car. But no one thought this might cause a problem for the spaces...Added to which bigger spaces mean fewer people cars fitting in, thus fewer people visiting. Thus carpark spaces are about economics, not common sense. I need a new hobby.

Just now, Walker570 said:

Still no excuse for hitting another car.

Well no, obviously not, and especially not owning up to it, but it would possibly happen less if land owning parking companies gave a bit more thought to a reasonable parking space than simply cramming more in to make more money. 

A tip. Fat slobs....usually it's them that open doors wide and dent or ding your car, or stressed parents with children....usually it's the children that open doors wide, most often park as near to the store or attraction as possible. Therefore park far away as the car park allows as that usually where the employees park so little movement in and out OR park near to the newest most expensive car you notice as the owner of that will be careful.

7 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Hospital car parks , yes but Asda    I think there is just a total lack of common sense. I have dealt with all sorts town planners, road engineers etc etc and rarely found any with common sense or basic logic.

best town car i ever saw in London was a 108 pickup landrover with a railway sleeper back and front as the bumpers.......awesome dude...

Edited by ditchman

1 hour ago, Tonka54 said:

Yes tell me about it, I always use a mother and baby space if possible or park a bit further back from the store, people give you a bit of a stare if you park in mother and baby spaces, but it's better than trolley dings.

A mate of mine, aged about 70, parked in a mother and baby space. Jobsworth security came at him. Matey unloaded the 94 year old from the passenger seat and told Jobsworth, “it’s my mother.”

48 minutes ago, London Best said:

A mate of mine, aged about 70, parked in a mother and baby space. Jobsworth security came at him. Matey unloaded the 94 year old from the passenger seat and told Jobsworth, “it’s my mother.”

🤣 Store supervisor did the same to me at morrisons, asked me why I was parked in a mother and baby, told him that we spend £130+ on our weekly shop there and I don't use a normal space if there are lots of mother and baby spaces available because I don't want car door or trolley damage. However if that's a problem, I could always spend the £130 else ware. He walked away.

I've gone years without getting a dashcam, eventually was virtually nagged into getting one fitted earlier this year.   6 weeks later (1st August) I went on a PC fixing visit for a mate in a residential area of Coventry, parked sensibly and out of the way of everyone.  Whilst the car was parked some kind soul in a Talbot Express van reversed into it, the driver realised he'd hit another vehicle went and inspected his handiwork (repairs cost £6k) and then left without leaving a note or anything.

Fortunately I'd bought a Blackvue900x that works even when the vehicle is parked, sits in stand-by-mode when parked unless something moves in it's field of vision in which case it wakes up and starts recording.  Was able to review the dashcam recordings and find the 'Parking Events' and download them to my phone.   I insure with NFU Mutual and they were brilliant - as soon as the dashcam files were uploaded they responded immediately confirming that the my no-claims was intact and I wasn't liable for insurance excess, organising a hire car and a body shop to do the repairs.

The cam wasn't cheap but paid for itself that day.