Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, oowee said:

Lets first ask for volunteers to take them (i have already offered space here). That will take care of the first million.

This is a war in Europe, we are part of it if we like it or not. We all want Ukraine to prevail and the contribution we can make is very limited. The impact on the UK is largely financial, a far better situation than spilling blood. Many gripe about how the yanks came late to the war, here we have a chance to step upto the plate. 

I'm not disagreeing with any of that, like I said, we should take as many that want to come. What does annoy me is the vast quantity of economic migrants who have been allowed to come (I'm certainly not blaming the migrants themselves, but our own governments, both Labour and tory) they are not genuine refugees, it will have a huge impact on the amount of support genuine cases like the Ukrainians will receive. 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Of course we can. If Poland can cope with 500000 then a mere 200000 will be a walk in the park

Poland can cope with half a million easy, 3 million of them up sticks and came to the UK in the last 20 years. 

How many went to Germany and other EU countries? 

They have a massive labour hole. 

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

It’s interesting that the assumption is these refugees are always a drain on our system.

My counterpart from Ukraine is already settled in Canada and back up and running.

There’s a global skills shortage associated with high tech. 

My guess is he had help from the company?

I wouldn't expect the Ukrainians to be a drain, they aren't turning up expecting a free ride, their leaving there homes because they have no choice.

Hello, why cannot anyone beside all those brave Ukrainian fighters stand up to Putin ?? while we watch Ukraine and its people get destroyed , NATO, USA, UK, and World countries watched Russia build up a fighting force on the Ukraine, Russia border, Putin said if I'm right, We are not going to invade, But his track record is mostly lies, He says one thing and does the opposite, Putin's living the imperial dream of the Old Russia , Keep the population of Russia under his imperial iron fist, people speaking out are crushed, Putins invasion  shows no mercy on killing  innocent  civilians of Ukraine , the old, the young, and anyone in-between, where will it all end,. ?? I just heard on TV, Putin's commited war crimes, Will he care, NO !! he will just send more bombs and murder more innocent Ukrainians, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

17 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, why cannot anyone beside all those brave Ukrainian fighters stand up to Putin ?? 

Because the brutal reality is that Ukraine is not worth starting WW3. No one will say that out loud, but it’s the truth and what the world leaders are thinking and worried about.

Lines are drawn for NATO countries and Ukraine isn’t in NATO which is why it was fair game for Putin.

Just now, Mungler said:

Because the brutal reality is that Ukraine is not worth starting WW3. No one will say that out loud, but it’s the truth and what the world leaders are thinking and worried about.

Lines are drawn for NATO countries and Ukraine isn’t in NATO which is why it was fair game for Putin.

Hello, but if we did all stand up to Russia would Putin press the Red button ??

14 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, but if we did all stand up to Russia would Putin press the Red button ??

Yes, because he could justify it as none of our business (because Ukraine is non NATO). And that’s why we have not directly stood up to him. 

We didn’t get directly involved in Syria etc and the precedent has been set.

2 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Yes, because he could justify it as none of our business (because Ukraine is non NATO). And that’s why we have not directly stood up to him. 

We didn’t get directly involved in Syria etc and the precedent has been set.

Hello, then I can only see him being tried for war crimes and jailed to eliminate his hold on the World, but I dare say there's a Putin the 2nd 

21 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, then I can only see him being tried for war crimes and jailed to eliminate his hold on the World, but I dare say there's a Putin the 2nd 

There is zero chance of Putin ever seeing the inside of a courtroom. 

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, why cannot anyone beside all those brave Ukrainian fighters stand up to Putin ?? while we watch Ukraine and its people get destroyed , NATO, USA, UK, and World countries watched Russia build up a fighting force on the Ukraine, Russia border, Putin said if I'm right, We are not going to invade, But his track record is mostly lies, He says one thing and does the opposite, Putin's living the imperial dream of the Old Russia , Keep the population of Russia under his imperial iron fist, people speaking out are crushed, Putins invasion  shows no mercy on killing  innocent  civilians of Ukraine , the old, the young, and anyone in-between, where will it all end,. ?? I just heard on TV, Putin's commited war crimes, Will he care, NO !! he will just send more bombs and murder more innocent Ukrainians, 

It's actually worse than that, it was European Euros, US Dollars, UK Sterling and other currencies that in part funded him through oil and gas purchases.

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

You can't be tried in a court you do not recognise, and will never step foot in.

Ukraine's only hope is this is dealt with internally within Russia. But it's not looking likely.

Edited by Newbie to this

Hello, just listening to Russian Ambassador LAVROV 🤔While the USA are spouting their talk of more money 100 more bombs have been dropped on Ukraine , now there's talk of Russia using chemical bombs , seems Russia wants Ukraine by any means possible  and does not care how many citizens are killed and how many homes and buildings destroyed, 2 million have left Ukraine mostly mothers and children and older citizens, Maybe a brave Russian citizen will put an end to Putin , or the population of Russia that sees this as the old imperialism that has no place in the 21st Century and protest in the millions, their lives are getting harder and there's worst to come, can they show solidarity in the wake of Putin's mad ideas??

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

7 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

You can't be tried in a court you do not recognise, and will never step foot in.

Ukraine's only hope is this is dealt with internally within Russia. But it's not looking likely.

Or for putin to venture into a nato country or finland,

12 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

I don't understand why Scottish representative thinks no tridant is a good idea, as he said if we don't have it then we'd be next. Would be lovely if no one had any, but never going to happen

Ian Blackford is the absolute bottom of the political barrel.

I would vote for Diane Abbott before Ian Blackford. 

How the SNP have got the brass neck to try and roll out the anti trident band wagon right now is totally beyond me and is just representative of their lack of any grip on reality.

Edited by Mungler

6 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Ian Blackford is the absolute bottom of the political barrel.

I would vote for Diane Abbott before Ian Blackford. 

How the SNP have got the brass neck to try and roll out the anti trident band wagon right now is totally beyond me and is just representative of their lack of any grip on reality.

Harsh, but fair.