Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello, I keep hearing all this talk from politicians and such like that what is happening in Ukraine amounts to War Crimes and yet not one country or group of countries like NATO or USA want to go up against Putin citing it could lead to WW 3 , Nuclear War , or worse , so he carries on with his determination to bring another country and its citizens with death and destruction, i like millions around the watch the TV reports in despair , how can any Russian citizen look at their President like he's God as expressed in a news report I watched yesterday, Putin is a man with pure hatred for the West as you can see when he's attended meetings with other countries leaders, I can never see Putin being tried for any crime commited in Ukraine, 

30 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I keep hearing all this talk from politicians and such like that what is happening in Ukraine amounts to War Crimes and yet not one country or group of countries like NATO or USA want to go up against Putin citing it could lead to WW 3 , Nuclear War , or worse , so he carries on with his determination to bring another country and its citizens with death and destruction, i like millions around the watch the TV reports in despair , how can any Russian citizen look at their President like he's God as expressed in a news report I watched yesterday, Putin is a man with pure hatred for the West as you can see when he's attended meetings with other countries leaders, I can never see Putin being tried for any crime commited in Ukraine

Because he controls the media that his people receive.

I agree, I doubt he or any of his military staff will ever be tried.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Spellage!

46 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I keep hearing all this talk from politicians and such like that what is happening in Ukraine amounts to War Crimes and yet not one country or group of countries like NATO or USA want to go up against Putin citing it could lead to WW 3 , Nuclear War , or worse , so he carries on with his determination to bring another country and its citizens with death and destruction, i like millions around the watch the TV reports in despair , how can any Russian citizen look at their President like he's God as expressed in a news report I watched yesterday, Putin is a man with pure hatred for the West as you can see when he's attended meetings with other countries leaders, I can never see Putin being tried for any crime commited in Ukraine, 

I've been watching the TV this morning. And the question was asked about what the Russian people think of it . They said that young Russians living in the Ukraine are calling their parents in Russia,  they're obviously in great distress about being bombed and shot at , yet their parents can't understand their distress , as they think that the ukranian people are just being liberated , and are in no danger .

Putin really is winning the propaganda war.

I can't imagine that he'll ever see the inside of a court room . The best that we can hope for is that one of his own puts one into his head .

47 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I've been watching the TV this morning. And the question was asked about what the Russian people think of it . They said that young Russians living in the Ukraine are calling their parents in Russia,  they're obviously in great distress about being bombed and shot at , yet their parents can't understand their distress , as they think that the ukranian people are just being liberated , and are in no danger .

Putin really is winning the propaganda war.

I can't imagine that he'll ever see the inside of a court room . The best that we can hope for is that one of his own puts one into his head .

Last paragraph, let's hope so 👍

19 hours ago, ditchman said:

its a wonder we havnt heard from the oracle Mr Blair

I seem to remember that he and G W Bush rained death and destruction down on the innocent people of Iraq because of false claims about the leader of that country. Nobody has put him in court

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

I keep hearing all this talk from politicians and such like that what is happening in Ukraine amounts to War Crimes

We need to keep perspective of what constitutes a war crime.
Im not making excuses, but to my mind a war crime is a deliberate act, Sajid was saying this morning that the attack on the maternity hospital , was a deliberate attack and constitutes a war crime , 'For which Putin will pay'
The Russians say the hospital had been evacuated , and was occupied by a Ukrainian military unit .
If they got it wrong , is that a deliberate attack, is it like the Americans call it , 'collateral' ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wech_Baghtu_wedding_party_airstrike
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haska_Meyna_wedding_party_airstrike
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granai_airstrike
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azizabad_airstrike
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narang_night_raid
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruzgan_helicopter_attack

A small sample of 'mistakes' from Afghanistan, note , in most cases the denial of any wrong doing at first , then an attempt to downplay the civilian casualties, usually followed by a compensation package that amounts to a few thousand dollars.

No war crimes investigation, never mind any convictions.
A couple may have lost a rank.

The Russians are perfectly capable of levelling cities in Ukraine, Im not seeing wholesale wanton destruction targeting civilians, its totally counter productive.
What I am seeing is some very conflicting reports about whats happening.

Cretin has been seriously humiliated by (apparently) asking China for assistance in his invasion of Ukraine.

Even if its fake news its embarrasing for the supposedly massively equipped Russia to be seen to be struggling to finish what he started.

I've had to reset the browser and have no spellcheck on ATM so apologies in advance for any typo's.

Does anybody else think it's a strange time for NATO to be sending 30,000 troops to Norway?

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Cretin has been seriously humiliated by (apparently) asking China for assistance in his invasion of Ukraine.

Even if its fake news its embarrasing for the supposedly massively equipped Russia to be seen to be struggling to finish what he started.

I've had to reset the browser and have no spellcheck on ATM so apologies in advance for any typo's.

If its fake news then why would it be embarrassing?

On the BBC news feed yesterday I think, it was saying USA warn China not to send weapons or supplies to Russia .

China will pay a bit of lip service to keeping the Russians on side, but they aren’t daft and won’t want to have a hand in bringing about the end of the world especially when the future looks rather bright for China.

I can’t quite tell if the reports are true, but it looks like sections of the FSB were given billions to bung and corrupt the Ukrainian high command.

All the reports back to Putin were that the bungs were being well received by Ukrainian officials who were all now very pro Russian.

The problem was that the FSB had trousered the bung money and made up / fed a pack a pack of lies back to Putin, never for one moment thinking that Putin would factor this BS intel into his plans to invade Ukraine (and liberate a population that would be pleased to see Russian uniforms).

All of this would explain why the Russian convoy was packed full of riot gear and not more bombs and kit for an invasion that was going to last beyond 2 weeks.

We’ve all been told that no one should play chess with a Russian because they’re thinking 10 moves in front and that Putin is a great tactician… that is not what we are seeing, and right now Putin needs to find a way out of the corner he has so obviously painted himself into.

5 hours ago, Mungler said:

China will pay a bit of lip service to keeping the Russians on side, but they aren’t daft and won’t want to have a hand in bringing about the end of the world especially when the future looks rather bright for China.

I can’t quite tell if the reports are true, but it looks like sections of the FSB were given billions to bung and corrupt the Ukrainian high command.

All the reports back to Putin were that the bungs were being well received by Ukrainian officials who were all now very pro Russian.

The problem was that the FSB had trousered the bung money and made up / fed a pack a pack of lies back to Putin, never for one moment thinking that Putin would factor this BS intel into his plans to invade Ukraine (and liberate a population that would be pleased to see Russian uniforms).

All of this would explain why the Russian convoy was packed full of riot gear and not more bombs and kit for an invasion that was going to last beyond 2 weeks.

We’ve all been told that no one should play chess with a Russian because they’re thinking 10 moves in front and that Putin is a great tactician… that is not what we are seeing, and right now Putin needs to find a way out of the corner he has so obviously painted himself into.

That sounds feasible.  But China and Russia could be more than NATO can deal with.

I'm wondering if most of us just assumed Cretin implied nuclear when he threatened words to the effect of retaliation with something not seen before - maybe he's thinking chemical or biological.

Edited by Dave-G